You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Minotaur Economy question.......

27 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

I must admit , I don't really pay too much attention to the varied things that affect the ships econ.

I play 90% T9 T10 and do very well with the econ with prem , flags etc.

Just got the Minotaur this weekend and getting to know her.

Although the Game below was a loss I was SHOCKED to see that if I didn't have Premium , flagged up and top line Camo this round would have cost me a FORTUNE.

Something I need to know about this ship?

It's fun to play but not if it wastes my resources.

Mino econ.png

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,741 posts
21,830 battles
7 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Something we need to know to address your question: What was on the other 3 score screen pages?

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
8 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Something we need to know to address your question: What was on the other 3 score screen pages?

Like I said.. crappy game but still.  Just finished a T10 DD round and cleared nearly 3 times as much easily with the same flags and camo and tech tree ship as well.

loss4.png

loss3.png

loss 2.png

[META_]
Members
228 posts
3,195 battles

It's no secret that without premium time/camos/signals, poor games will lose you money on T8+ ships due to the high service costs.  FTP players are generally advised to stay at T8 and lower to avoid this.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,848 posts
28,463 battles

FWIW, credit earnings are not modified by win/loss.  But to your question, Minotaur does not have any special credit earning modifier built-in.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles

Do more damage

focus dd/CL

aim superstructure CA/bb

either heavy radar build or smoke build (min AA) -- you need to try both to see which fit in your play style and go from there

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
21 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

FWIW, credit earnings are not modified by win/loss.  But to your question, Minotaur does not have any special credit earning modifier built-in.

Yeah , I know this.. that's why it is confusing.

Here's the next game in a DD. Look at the difference.

econDD1.png

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Do more damage

focus dd/CL

aim superstructure CA/bb

either heavy radar build or smoke build (min AA) -- you need to try both to see which fit in your play style and go from there

I should have been clearer....

It's not how little I made it's how much was TAKEN even after all the flags camo and premium.

The ratio seems all out of wack.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,741 posts
21,830 battles

Looks like you didn't actually perform many credit-earning actions. No caps or decaps. A lot of shells fired, but damage dealt totaled only 10% of a same-tier BB, plus 10% and 20% on two minus-2 tier BBs. Finishes count for some but not actually that much XP, so add a little.

In the end, it looks like a slow steamroll that didn't give you much chance to earn.

[META_]
Members
228 posts
3,195 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Do more damage

focus dd/CL

aim superstructure CA/bb

Yeah, just noticed he had 200 hits but less than 50k damage.  That means lots of ricochets, which count for absolutely nothing.  Also, nearly all of the damage is vs battleships, with only ~15-20% of their total HP pool removed, and two of them being two tiers lower.

[META_]
Members
228 posts
3,195 battles
11 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I should have been clearer....

It's not how little I made it's how much was TAKEN even after all the flags camo and premium.

Nearly the same amount was taken for both ships.  The service cost of a T10 ship is 180k credits.  That is a fixed value (though can be modified by signals/camos - yours were reduced by 20% to 144k via the India Bravo signal and whichever camo you were running).  Both ships accrued ~20k in ammunition costs (ammunition costs are broken down in this article: Economy - Global wiki. Wargaming.net).  That resulted in a total cost of 164k for the Minotaur and 163k for the DD.  The difference is that you earned more with the DD, so your net earnings were positive rather than negative.

I'd suggest reading this wiki article for a clearer picture of how credit earnings are calculated: Base Earnings - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

Edited by Fel0niusMonk

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,552 posts

Perma Camo 20 dollars. Check. (Doubleloons)

Clan Benefits in reduction and increase of income and costs etc. Check.

Flags, Check.

Not getting sunk Check.

A group of T6 and T7 ships to support T10 [edited] in operations check.

And so on so forth etc.

The mino is my best ribbon printer. Did 500 ribbons earlier today with it in one Coop. Almost 2 or 3 hundred more the next. Easy peasy.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
10 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Lost game compare to the win game result :Smile_facepalm:

best troll post :Smile_trollface:, you almost got me

• Haha 1

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles

I tend to stay out of tier 10 and stop at 9 for this very reason. The only tier 10 I have that isn't a premium is the republiqe, which I may just sell anyway.

Edited by Drifter_X
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,056 posts
5,529 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Mino econ.png

That other side of the table... welcome to my world. I've yet to try a TT ship at T9 but I'm fairly sure all I can expect is to break even and make no real profit. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,881 posts
25,782 battles

To earn a profit in Tier X you need good games.

Minotaur on average is not a big damage dealer.  One look on Server Stats on any of the 4 main servers will tell you that now.  She's a bottom feeder in terms of Tier X Cruiser Damage Average with Des Moines, Worcester.

How's Minotaur and those low Damage Dealing Cruisers supposed to break even, or make a profit?  Affecting the match for a win.

Contest, reset, take caps.  Get your ribbons.

Hammering Destroyers are your biggest money making attacks.

Personally, when I played Des Moines and Minotaur, those kind of Cruisers that play forward to help at the caps... It was hard, stressful work, compared to just sitting in the back as a BB or long range Cruiser like Zao and Hindenburg, sipping on jack and coke while you play, with zero stress.  There is no room for error in the style of play for DM & Minotaur.  You have to work hard to break a profit.

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Lost game compare to the win game result :Smile_facepalm:

best troll post :Smile_trollface:, you almost got me

Loss or win doesn't matter to credits just XP...  At least that is what everyone says : )

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
13 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Loss or win doesn't matter to credits just XP

I will try my best to restrain myself, please; you see the link to wiki page post by @Fel0niusMonk??????

Other Considerations

• The more Base Capture and Base Defense points you earn, the better.
  • XP is not awarded for damage to shore installations.
  • Total rewards do not scale linearly. Destroying one cruiser earns full reward. Destroying two cruisers earns about 0.85 x gross reward. For destroying three cruisers, 0.67 x gross reward. (These are estimates; actual scaling is not known.)
  • Diversity of activity is rewarded. For instance, a BB that camps at the back doing one task - shooting at long range - will earn less than the BB that accrues the same damage while shooting and also defending a capture point.
  • Finally, the Base XP rewards increase 50% for the winning team

14 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

At least that is what everyone says : )

That "everyone" is wrong.

LOL at bb using Deadeye camping at the back

This had never change since Beta ... win game result earn more then loses result.

regards, 

• Meh 1

[O2]
Members
457 posts
10,034 battles

I remember a discussion on WoT years ago and the same principle was applied: You sponsor tier 10 games with Tier 8 premiums (i.e. you play tier 8 premiums to get the credits you need to burn when playing tier 10 ships).

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,881 posts
25,782 battles
15 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

I remember a discussion on WoT years ago and the same principle was applied: You sponsor tier 10 games with Tier 8 premiums (i.e. you play tier 8 premiums to get the credits you need to burn when playing tier 10 ships).

This used to be a lot more the norm in WoWS when it was younger.

Before the advent of Tier X Perma-Camo.  This had a huge impact with the 50% post battle servicing reduction.  People were starting to grab them real quick.  Nothing like seeing a bunch of Perma-Camo'd Yamatos on day 1.

Before Tier IX-X Premium Ships.

Back when it was the normal practice for most players, the difference was they typically went to Tier VI or VII, because VIII Premiums were still scarce and Tech Tree VIIIs were still expensive.  Tier VI used to be really popping before these changes, especially before WG started messing with Match Maker.  It used to be my favorite tier way back then.

Members
5,664 posts
11,000 battles
16 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I must admit , I don't really pay too much attention to the varied things that affect the ships econ.

I play 90% T9 T10 and do very well with the econ with prem , flags etc.

Just got the Minotaur this weekend and getting to know her.

Although the Game below was a loss I was SHOCKED to see that if I didn't have Premium , flagged up and top line Camo this round would have cost me a FORTUNE.

It's fun to play but not if it wastes my resources.

Mino econ.png

This is a major reason premium is sold....  It is designed this way.  High tier games cost a lot of money so they sell premium OR force people to play mid-tier games for credits.

[PVE]
Members
108 posts
3,307 battles

I play co-op, I have premium time and I run flags on my Minotaur.  I have no problem turning a profit in that ship even bad games I earn 150,000 credits,  good games are 4 to 500,000 credits. Just finishing the top 5 or better you make at least a  quarter million credits.

I use smoke and constant gunfire if I'm not capping I'm defending a cap.

I am nothing special. lol.

[WOLFX]
Members
61 posts
7,253 battles
14 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:
  • Finally, the Base XP rewards increase 50% for the winning team

That "everyone" is wrong.

LOL at bb using Deadeye camping at the back

This had never change since Beta ... win game result earn more then loses result.

regards, 

Base exp is more, not credits.

"Everyone" is right

[DVYJC]
Members
3,892 posts
9,800 battles

I really love Minotaur and don't seem to have this problem. If you have a Tier X tech tree you really like, the permacamo is a worthwhile investment if you want to play it a lot and aren't using Premium time. 

• Cool 1