You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Epic_Destroyer101

Pushing still works and end damage result

12 comments in this topic

[SNAFU]
Members
30 posts
1,681 battles

I played a match with a Ohio and found out that pushing and secondary's still work just fine, while this may not work that well in a GK as secondary accuracy is horrible. 

And in the end I got 100k damage on my main guns and 50k damage on my secondary's. Adding ramming damage got 165k damage in total.

Secondary builds can still work.PNG

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Members
4,003 posts
14,515 battles

You will more than likely have much different experience in randoms/pvp.

Coop the meta has been forever push push push. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,307 battles

426 hits definitely says secondaries are still good.

Pushing in randoms is a whole different kettle of fish, though, as others have said. I've brawled multiple battleships in a Minnesota and got away with it, but it has to work out just right... and if the other side is good and you're not very careful, it will earn you a quick trip back to port.

[PISD]
Members
1,844 posts
6,102 battles

Even in random I do not feel like pushing is dead. On the opposite, the team pushing first tends to win.

[VORTX]
Members
584 posts
7,678 battles

Lol you trolling? You can’t post a coop game and claim “pushing still works” nice try though. 

my independent answer, yes you can push. You need to use terrain, not have a potato team and hope the other team doesn’t focus fire. Oh yeah and hope the CV doesn’t choose you as the special one; then yes, you can push fine. 🤣

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SNAFU]
Members
30 posts
1,681 battles

29 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Lol you trolling? You can’t post a coop game and claim “pushing still works” nice try though. 

my independent answer, yes you can push. You need to use terrain, not have a potato team and hope the other team doesn’t focus fire. Oh yeah and hope the CV doesn’t choose you as the special one; then yes, you can push fine. 🤣

Yes I was trolling a bit but for a coop round that has no ships pushing (the ships that did push died early)  getting 400 plus secondary hits on a slightly focused ship is pretty funny.

Edited by Epic_Destroyer101

[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
2 hours ago, Epic_Destroyer101 said:

I played a match with a Ohio and found out that pushing and secondary's still work just fine, while this may not work that well in a GK as secondary accuracy is horrible. 

And in the end I got 100k damage on my main guns and 50k damage on my secondary's. Adding ramming damage got 165k damage in total.

Secondary builds can still work.PNG

Yeah, no offense, but try this in Random Battle and see how it goes. This picture literally shows nothing btw, we don't know how many secondaries shots were fired overall, whether you were at point-blank range broadside to a battleship (as I suspect you were), heck, we don't even know what your main battery damage actually was! If you rammed a ship, and you claim you did 50k damage on your secondaries, and 100k damage with main battery, that means you rammed a destroyer? Ok....BUT WAIT, the results say you were destroyed by ramming a GROSSER KURFUST.  I think ramming damage is equal to your ship's base HP anyways so Ohio would have dealt 96,300 damage...so wait...Is that even adding up?!

So basically, between main battery fire and secondaries, you would have dealt a maximum of...about 69k? And you claim 50k damage in secondaries so...you only did like 19k damage with main battery fire in a CO-OP MATCH?! Something doesn't seem right here. Can you PLEASE post the Detailed Report picture? That'll clear up some stuff.

Also, for reference, this is from Wargaming wiki on Ramming:  Yamato has 97,200 HP. Since ramming damage is determined by the total HP pool, Yamato is capable of inflicting 97,200 damage through ramming.

So by that same token, an Ohio with 96,300 HP would deal that to Grosser Kurfurst upon ramming...

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
25 minutes ago, Epic_Destroyer101 said:

Yes I was trolling a bit but for a coop round that has no ships pushing (the ships that did push died early)  getting 400 plus secondary hits on a slightly focused ship is pretty funny.

I mean, I FIGURED you were trolling, but you can never be too sure these days lols. I knew things didn't add up!!! You tried to trick meeee!!!!

Sailor Moon GIF - Sailor Moon Sweatdrop - Discover & Share GIFs | Sailor  moon funny, Sailor moon gif, Sailor moon usagi

On a sidenote, can you guys STOP trolling about secondaries accuracy for a bit? Wargaming does NOT need the wrong idea about these skills!!

That and I can't respond to every single one of these posts!!! JK

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,210 battles
1 hour ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Yes you can push but now you really have to wait until the field has been thinned out somewhat  . Seems like if you can get within 8Km of ships the secondaries are still really good on ships like the Mass , the German BBs and the French . It's just not as easy or as safe as it was since the rework .