You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wargambler

(in)Famous CC Flamu axed from CC programme for criticizing WG!

767 comments in this topic

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

^^ title/ ^^

WOWS biggest, most popular (by subscribers) WOWS influencer

(112 000 Youtube, 11 k + Twitter)

AXED! 

source here :

https://twitter.com/flamuchz/status/1366413812887347200?s=20

Apparantly criticism of the Commander skill rework was too much for WG execs. Although WG also gave as reasons, too many cases of stat shaming (8 ...) which is funny given that Flamu has been stat shaming since WOWS was launched.

I don't know how many NA server players follow Flamu, I doubt he has that many subscribers on this forum, nevertheless, this bloody axeing of a Community Contributor will send a shockwave through the clickbait CC community.

Angry and distraught @ Wargaming after reading the latest Flamu tweet

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dgqoh7w3hgnn6ewgpb

Not surprising with Flamu's post axing attitude

"I have just been informed I have been removed from the CC program for tweets that they disagree with as well as stat shaming. I knew the day would come with my criticism of the disastrous CV and Commander rework, and honestly, I don't mind at all. Freedom, flolo unleashed boys!"

Disclaimer : I am not a Flamu subscriber and have not made any donations to the Feed Flamu Foundation.

reddit thread here (for those that are uncomfortable discussing Flamu<>WG on the official forum) 

Spoiler

or who wish to discuss Flamu's other Post CC comments regarding WG and/or other CCs. 

Edited by WhereAreTheIndianCaptains?
  • Cool 13
  • Funny 2
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 6

[WOLFB]
Members
3,173 posts
7,860 battles

Well I was wondering what WG was going to do this month for a PR disaster. 

• Cool 17
  • Funny 17
  • Haha 8
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,944 posts
5,502 battles

I've never understood what benefit is derived from being a CC if you can't use WiP content until anyone else can... is it just the CC crates and free stuff to give away?

• Cool 10
  • Meh 1

[SNGNS]
Beta Testers
34 posts
4,125 battles

Not really surprised about this.  But it is surprising that when CCs intentionally TK on stream, that they maintain their CC status.

• Cool 17

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
6 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I've never understood what benefit is derived from being a CC if you can't use WiP content until anyone else can... is it just the CC crates and free stuff to give away?

several hundred dollars (equivalent value) worth of digital goods and services a month, including goods and services that can be given away to subscribers. This has an indirect impact on a CCs monthly RL income from their online media.

Never believe anyone who tells you that CCs work for free.

Edited by WhereAreTheIndianCaptains?
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[ROXY]
Members
386 posts
1,619 battles
1 minute ago, joebob73 said:

Not really surprised about this.  But it is surprising that when CCs intentionally TK on stream, that they maintain their CC status.

It's how you get those views and subscribes.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
1 minute ago, joebob73 said:

Quite, which is why many will have quite legitimate doubts as to the "official" reasons given for his removal.

• Cool 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

wasn't the reason for losing access to WiP,  cc's not following the rules in the first place? or was it, that at the time the rules were not clear?

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
10 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

That being said, we bare no ill will towards Flamu and wish him continued success with his channel and future endeavors outside of the Program.

*bear

• Haha 1
  • Meh 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Given how long a leash and how many chances WG supposedly gave him... that only makes the timing here more transparent. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 1

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles

So someone who would've been removed for several reasons out of EVERY stream if his audience wasn't massive finally got removed? Meh. Wont really affect him at all, won't affect his stream. CC program is a joke with or without him.

• Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles
15 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

For the Community Contributor Program rules to be taken seriously, we need to apply them equally to all members, irrespective of their popularity and influence. Unfortunately, we have had to removed Flamu from the Contributor Program due to his continued violation of the Program rules. As many of you may know, over the past years we have had to warn, and even sanction him, several times for overstepping the boundaries that we have set out and thus breaking our mutual agreement. Despite our willingness to keep working with him after those transgressions, we continued to receive reports about his behavior towards players and felt that the situation was no longer tolerable. We have no issue with accepting criticism from our Contributors, but cannot stand by idly when their behavior has a direct impact on the community and individual players.

That being said, we bare no ill will towards Flamu and wish him continued success with his channel and future endeavors outside of the Program.

Ah, so that was the reason?

I was wondering if he had finally, irrevocably overstepped the sometimes fine line between strident criticism and biting the hand that feeds you.

11 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Spin in progress...sorry, @Hapa_Fodder, We’ve all been around long enough to know better.

I actually stopped watching his stream because of his toxicity (his YouTube vids remain a model of good instruction) and I'm perfectly capable of believing Hapa's side of the story. You don't frag a CC like Flamu lightly. 

6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

wasn't the reason for losing access to WiP,  cc's not following the rules in the first place?

The problem was the salt which was generated when ships which were grossly overpowered and hilarious fun in early testing got pulled back before final release. This meant either gross dissatisfaction with WG at the changes, or people rushing to buy [insert ship here] the instant it appeared in the store without stopping to realize that what they were getting was not necessarily the prototype they'd first been shown.

Nowadays the NDA gets lifted either a couple of days before the ship's in the shop or immediately afterwards, at which point the CCs who have been given them are allowed to drive them in public and talk about them ad nauseam because everyone else can.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 4

Members
1,728 posts
11,839 battles
4 minutes ago, joebob73 said:

WG has different standards for different CCs despite what Hapa/WG claim.  It has been that way since i started watching a large variety of streamers and YT years ago.

• Cool 11

[X-PN]
Members
1,578 posts
12,155 battles
17 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

For the Community Contributor Program rules to be taken seriously, we need to apply them equally to all members, irrespective of their popularity and influence. Unfortunately, we have had to removed Flamu from the Contributor Program due to his continued violation of the Program rules. As many of you may know, over the past years we have had to warn, and even sanction him, several times for overstepping the boundaries that we have set out and thus breaking our mutual agreement. Despite our willingness to keep working with him after those transgressions, we continued to receive reports about his behavior towards players and felt that the situation was no longer tolerable. We have no issue with accepting criticism from our Contributors, but cannot stand by idly when their behavior has a direct impact on the community and individual players.

That being said, we bare no ill will toward Flamu and wish him continued success with his channel and future endeavors outside of the Program.

His stat shaming of late is probably less than it used to be.

Simple truth is WGHQ didn't like being criticized and is trying to punish him.

It echos my personal experience.  I have only been chat banned once.  Lord knows I've been toxic to other players enough to be banned but never was... the one time I've been banned was when I was being very critical of the skill rework in chat.... Boom!  Banned 18 hours later.

The thing is.... I don't think this will affect Flamu very much....and now he has less rules to worry about... so as usual WG is not really thinking things through....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,732 battles

If I had a nickel for every time WGHQ applied their rules equally, I'd have no idea what a nickel looked like...

• Cool 11
  • Funny 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
21 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

It echos my personal experience.  I have only been chat banned once.  Lord knows I've been toxic to other players enough to be banned but never was... the one time I've been banned was when I was being very critical of the skill rework in chat.... Boom!  Banned 18 hours later.

The thing is.... I don't think this will affect Flamu very much....and now he has less rules to worry about... so as usual WG is not really thinking things through....

Yeah, it's possible that someone like Flamu is better off without WG's self-serving rules about what can be made public when, etc. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PUDEL]
Members
375 posts
2,021 battles
16 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

What are you bearing? :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[THICC]
Beta Testers
1,033 posts
7,107 battles

About time.  His behavior was pretty nasty and certainly drove more players away from the game than the opposite.

• Cool 11
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 15

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,755 posts
7 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

His streams are basically "I am mad about everything, at all times, no matter what".  That's why people watch him, to get their daily dose of salt.  In my personal opinion, it's beyond fair criticism and not a great representation of contributor to the game.  Criticism is for sure a thing that should always be welcome but....his streams are often well beyond that and into the realm of toxic.

It likely will get Flamu some more viewing for a while, due to the noteriety but it's not WG "not thinking things through".  They are not a prisoner to a CC, for fear that that CC might create more disruption, so they must keep that person on as a CC, to avoid it.  That's basically terrorism which should always be met with no negotiation. 

• Cool 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[SALVO]
Members
6,944 posts
5,502 battles
6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

wasn't the reason for losing access to WiP,  cc's not following the rules in the first place? or was it, that at the time the rules were not clear?

AFAIK, reporting on WiP ships had a negative effect on expected sales revenue so it got banned. I don't see any particular transgression by CCs causing the ban.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,062 posts

Frankly, WG should get as much criticism as can possibly be heaped out over this Captain fiasco.  I'm not a fan of Flamu's, but since WG doesn't listen to us peons, somebody should be calling them out.  Let,s not kid ourselves, this was clearly about his criticism of WG and nothing more.

• Cool 15
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PUDEL]
Members
375 posts
2,021 battles
6 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

WG has different standards for different CCs despite what Hapa/WG claim.  It has been that way since i started watching a large variety of streamers and YT years ago.

This goes for every game company.