Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Happy Birthday Royal Australian Navy

17 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
706 posts
10,053 battles

The  Royal Australian Navy celebrates 120 years.   Lets hope that Wargamming can do a little something  to recognize that, and or a sydney harbour  for the ports .

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 3

WG Staff
1,802 posts
10,944 battles
58 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

This July 10 , the Royal Australian Navy celebrates 100 years.   Lets hope that Wargamming can do a little something  to recognize that, and or a sydney harbour  for the ports .

I have fond memories of visiting Port Jackson more than a decade ago.

Will put it on my radar screen for our RAN detachment!

#anchorsaweigh 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,462 posts
17,427 battles

Teddy Sheehan as captain with mega-buffed AA when, WG? :Smile_veryhappy:

Special talent: Beyond the Bitter End. When the ship is sunk, the AA continues to fire until the hull is either completely immersed or the ship rolls over.

(Sheehan won the VC for staying at his gun as the ship sank to distract strafing Japanese aircraft from his crewmates in the water. One story states that the last they saw of him, the tracers were emerging FROM BENEATH THE WATER.)

[PPNA1]
Members
37 posts
5,218 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

This July 10 , the Royal Australian Navy celebrates 100 years.   Lets hope that Wargamming can do a little something  to recognize that, and or a sydney harbour  for the ports .

The RAN was given that title on July 10, 1911, not 1921. 

In 1986, I was fortunate to be on one of four USN ships that were invited to celebrate the RAN's 75th anniversary in Sydney. 

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,381 posts
17,071 battles

ozie ozie ozie

OI OI OI

proudly  Australian !!!!!

• Meh 1

[-K_P-]
Members
439 posts
3,616 battles

July 10 sounds like a perfect date to release the HMAS Vampire II... But will it happen?

Beta Testers
914 posts
14,467 battles

Maybe thats when Vampire II gets released! Happy future birthday RAN from a fellow Aussie.

And on a side note, RAAF turns 100 on the 31st March this year!

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,343 posts
17,603 battles

Happy Birthday Royal Australian Navy

Here's to many more and beyond for defending our true blue shores and interests on the seas.

[TRW]
Beta Testers
209 posts
20,922 battles

Hope this wakes up WG to the fact that RAN ships actually fought in WW1 and WW2 plus Korea  and beyond. We already ave the original vampire and the HMAS Perth .

Such ships as HMAS Canberra ( sunk in the battle of savo island) HMAS Sydney (D48), HMAS Mebourne CVand HMAS Sydney CV.HMAS Australia ( fought alongside US forces in the pacific) and plenty of destroyers.

I am sure it is possible to build a hybrid tech tree of commonwealth ships and premiums of ships that actually existed, my dream at least.

I await for Vampire 2 , I wish they would tell us what currency we need so I can build the right one, FXP, coal, steel etc.

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
23 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

This July 10 , the Royal Australian Navy celebrates 110 years.   Lets hope that Wargamming can do a little something  to recognize that, and or a sydney harbour  for the ports .

Thanks for the correction, never was good at math :)

I'm seeing this post, on March 2nd. of 2021.  :cap_hmm:

Oh well.  Happy early/belated birthday to the Royal Australian Navy.  :Smile_honoring:

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
706 posts
10,053 battles
On 3/2/2021 at 7:54 PM, digger52 said:

Hope this wakes up WG to the fact that RAN ships actually fought in WW1 and WW2 plus Korea  and beyond. We already ave the original vampire and the HMAS Perth .

Such ships as HMAS Canberra ( sunk in the battle of savo island) HMAS Sydney (D48), HMAS Mebourne CVand HMAS Sydney CV.HMAS Australia ( fought alongside US forces in the pacific) and plenty of destroyers.

I am sure it is possible to build a hybrid tech tree of commonwealth ships and premiums of ships that actually existed, my dream at least.

I await for Vampire 2 , I wish they would tell us what currency we need so I can build the right one, FXP, coal, steel etc.

They gave all the extra  possible ships we could have had in the commonwealth line to the british. The light carrier arc royal could have been a different carrier and given to the commonwealth fleet,  I gave up  hoping for a commonwealth fleet.   its not on their radar if you excuse the pun.

Edited by DevilD0g

[TRW]
Beta Testers
209 posts
20,922 battles

well they could have a tech. tree for commonwealth DDs, as a tech tree version of a Vampire 2 could sit at tier 10 as the Vampire 2 wasnt the only Daring class ship we had in the commonwealth.

We could have a part tech tree of cruisers or have a couple more as premiums and why not one of the CVs as a ter 10 for steel, coal or RPs,

Members
6 posts
32 battles

On 3/6/2021 at 10:46 PM, DevilD0g said:

They gave all the extra  possible ships we could have had in the commonwealth line to the british.

I don't visit very often (Asia player) but a friend linked me...

See what you think folks... Some of it is a tad out of date (adjusted for Mysore once she was announced) but this was a majority of my personal creative time last year... Hopefully you find them a fun watch... I improved the format as I released them.

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
706 posts
10,053 battles

If they can build a line of fantasy russian ships then i dont see why they cant build the commonwealth line.  Releasing a Vampire II  (a daring class DD) an identical name as the first DD, instead of naming it "Voyager",  The same class  built in Sydney making it a more Australian i dont know. Wargamming dragging its heels I guess

Sign in to follow this