Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Combat missions to complete Hizen made to hard.

29 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
706 posts
10,027 battles

While everyone likes a free ship by playing wow combat missions, the amount of combat missions to achieve for the hizen is just to many.

While we all like to play WOW, 26 levels is to much and my idea of fun is not playing day and night to achieve this goal, i have another life as well that doesnt revolve around WOW.

Also they seem to be getting more and more steps to achieve with each new ship they bring along before it was like 20  now its 26.  Is this a little power game of the WG staff ???

While i do appreciate some will play day and night to achieve it to get the ship for the brag worthy points it gives.. to me now its just not worth it.

Some of us have jobs and families and wont put WOW before that.  So come on Wargamming.  Lets make it a bit more achievable and give back to the community that supports your jobs and wealth

• Boring 1

Members
501 posts
8,333 battles

You can't earn the Hizen by doing all the missions.  You literally HAVE to buy at least 4 of the levels if I read things right. So there is no such thing as a free Hizen. Unless someone else buys it for you perhaps. Better off to just grind away, save your free xp, and wait for a good free xp ship if you want it for free.

" In Update 0.9.12, players will be able to start building a new Japanese Tier IX battleship, flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Hizen, at the Dockyard. By completing the Dockyard combat missions, you can complete 22 out of 26 shipbuilding phases. Completing each phase will bring you valuable rewards, including destroyer flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887II Tachibana and cruiser flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eV Yahagi for the fifth and 15th phases respectively. Both ships come with the Winter permanent camouflages and Commanders with 6 skill points for these ships. "

Clipped that from the Update notes

Edited by Valas1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
1 minute ago, DevilD0g said:

Also they seem to be getting more and more steps to achieve with each new ship they bring along before it was like 20  now its 26.  Is this a little power game of the WG staff ???

No, it's due to the fact that you were playing for a T9 ship this time instead of a T8.

I finished it, and I have a full-time job and a family.

Also, it was made clear from the start that you weren't ever going to get this ship for free. If you could, the grind would probably be at least 50% harder.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts

optional events are optional.. it's really up to you how much you want it...  are you competing with the joneses? or want to add to your collection, maybe shelling out some cash will meet your needs.

it is your time, only you can put a value on that.

Members
576 posts

Not only do you have to pay for the booster just to get the ship, there is a base exp mission hidden in the final phase of directives. It's there so you will hopefully not have enough time to complete it and be forced to pay to skip it. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
Just now, OuijaApologist said:

Not only do you have to pay for the booster just to get the ship, there is a base exp mission hidden in the final phase of directives. It's there so you will hopefully not have enough time to complete it and be forced to pay to skip it. 

Oh God, here we go again.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,805 posts
10,952 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh God, here we go again.

Should we tell him about the other thirteen hidden missions?

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Should we tell him about the other thirteen hidden missions?

Well we could, but I think the news would be too much for his fragile heart when combined with the revelation that the Hizen directives are already finished! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
29 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

...my idea of fun is not playing day and night to achieve this goal, i have another life as well that doesnt revolve around WOW.

to me now its just not worth it.

Some of us have jobs and families and wont put WOW before that. 

Sounds like you've already figured it out.

Next time, you'll just ignore the Dockyard, play as usual, and just collect some freebies along the way.

Dockyard is designed to get you to spend money or time. If you can't afford either, forget about it.

Do you feel similar resentment about things you can't afford IRL? Judging by the single-minded was of your posting history, I already know the answer.

• Cool 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well we could, but I think the news would be too much for his fragile heart when combined with the revelation that the Hizen directives are already finished! :Smile_trollface:

i was wondering if this hizen was still a thing...  i was late to the party and ignored it...  got to stage 8.. before the missions were pulled weeks ago...

[SALVO]
Members
3,097 posts
7,087 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Next time, you'll just ignore the Dockyard, play as usual, and just collect some freebies along the way.

THAT is the truth of it. I have ignored every single event in this games history and the only one I slightly regret missing is the Benham.  Looking back I knew it was a good ship at the time but the grind was dumb and even now that huge grind is why I only  slighty regret not having done it.

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
706 posts
10,027 battles
31 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

my point exactly

Members
501 posts
8,333 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i was wondering if this hizen was still a thing...  i was late to the party and ignored it...  got to stage 8.. before the missions were pulled weeks ago...

I played for the Yahagi, and it was doable with just basic gameplay. Few matches each day, if you started from the beginning.  I got burned on the first Dockyard, and bought a phase, and will never, ever, do it again.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts
Just now, Valas1 said:

I played for the Yahagi, and it was doable with just basic gameplay. Few matches each day, if you started from the beginning.  I got burned on the first Dockyard, and bought a phase, and will never, ever, do it again.

i think i bought a few stages for graf spee iirc... thinking i would eventually do the whole thing, but naa i got distracted by some other game 

i won't grind out an entire dockyard no way, some people can do that and not hate the game, i would just burn out all the sooner

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
28 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

Not to excuse greed, but is it truly hidden? Or is it just that one has to (as they should) read to determine the scope of effort required before undertaking it, like any thinking person?

I'll take your word for it, because I've never looked.

I agree with most of what the OP said, but I learned decades ago, that if something costs more than you are willing to pay, not bothering with it and moving on is far healthier than continuing to cover it while complaining about the price.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
5 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

my point exactly

What, that you are upset that people sell things you can't afford? Or that companies use psychology to guide marketing?

Don't get me wrong, the price for Hizen is expensive, too expensive for me.

But then, that's why the face of my watch says Timex instead of Rolex. And I've never been upset that that is the case.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
17 minutes ago, eviltane said:

THAT is the truth of it. I have ignored every single event in this games history and the only one I slightly regret missing is the Benham.  Looking back I knew it was a good ship at the time but the grind was dumb and even now that huge grind is why I only  slighty regret not having done it.

Yeah. I mean, I might put out a little extra effort to make sure I get the ships leading up to it, bit the grand prize is too rich for my blood, and that's ok. It's just one more thing on the long list of things I can't afford, none of which I truly miss.

[VOP]
Members
598 posts
10,254 battles

I did my Hizen grind all in co-op. Now mind you I have a family, work full time and am remodeling a house too in between everything...I only played about 10-20 games a night. Sometimes less.

I was able to complete everything and bought the last 4 stages.  

Other dockyard missions I have ignored. I felt though that I could complete this one and gave it a try. 

I played so much I got my Iowa and a couple other T9's. :Smile_smile:

[INTEL]
Members
3,458 posts
19,131 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Yeah. I mean, I might put out a little extra effort to make sure I get the ships leading up to it, bit the grand prize is too rich for my blood, and that's ok. It's just one more thing on the long list of things I can't afford, none of which I truly miss.

Almost all of the 350 ships I've acquired are "to have" ships and Hizen exemplifies that reasoning.  Over 300 of those ships rarely get played and Hizen wouldn't be one of my top 200 ships to play.  The Dockyard was just something to do and the rewards along the way were more valuable than the ship.

My mom forced me to eat peas when I was a child but with the exception of my time in the military, I haven't been forced to do anything I didn't want to.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
33 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i was wondering if this hizen was still a thing

If you've got the dubs, you can get her until the end of this patch... but bear in mind that (a) that's potentially a lot of dubs and (b) the effective market price for a T9 premium BB is 19,000 doubloons. Anything more than that, and you have to start thinking about what doubloon value you're willing to attach to research points, steel, and all the other goodies that come with completing her. The Santa containers MIGHT rain down premium ships upon you, or they might not.

24 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Not to excuse greed, but is it truly hidden? Or is it just that one has to (as they should) read to determine the scope of effort required before undertaking it, like any thinking person?

All the directives with all their tasks were published up front the day the Hizen event went live. Nothing was hidden unless you paid no attention until the day Directive 7 became available, in which case you would suddenly realize that you had 14 days to grind 55,000 base XP. And while I'll admit that it seems somewhat frightening at first, in fact it was less effort on a per-day basis than it takes to complete all your dailies (since the back half of the dailies only counts wins and this mission didn't care).

25 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i won't grind out an entire dockyard no way, some people can do that and not hate the game, i would just burn out all the sooner

I had my doubts about this one, which is why I preferred not to put my dubs in until the very end. I almost didn't get the ship, but I came into a doubloon windfall at the last minute and decided to go for it. Good thing I did; I really like the ship.

7 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

I played so much I got my Iowa and a couple other T9's. 

This is the thing. Replying now to @SKurj and speaking on general principles, you have to look at the ships you have in your fleet and the goals you have overall and try to mesh the grind and the goals. If you can do that, then what WG wants you to do to get the prize becomes what YOU want to do to advance your own agenda. And that can make it feel a LOT less onerous. (Not saying that you should have done it or should do it in future; just outlining how I deal with it.)

24 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

continuing to cover it

I think there's a typo here and that you meant to say "covet".

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
5 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

I did my Hizen grind all in co-op. Now mind you I have a family, work full time and am remodeling a house too in between everything...I only played about 10-20 games a night. Sometimes less.

To be fair, that "only" is about 1-2 hours a day lol. (I can do that too though, my wife is up early, kid's in bed just after 7, wife in bed by 10 at the latest, and I only have to get up in time to get the kid to school, I don't start work til 10, so I'm usually not in bed until around midnight)

But yeah, obviously you saw the price, realised you could afford it, and proceeded.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think there's a typo here and that you meant to say "covet".

Good catch. I have a new phone, and haven't gotten around to turning off auto-correct yet lol.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,268 posts
12,229 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

While everyone likes a free ship by playing wow combat missions, the amount of combat missions to achieve for the hizen is just to many.

While we all like to play WOW, 26 levels is to much and my idea of fun is not playing day and night to achieve this goal, i have another life as well that doesnt revolve around WOW.

While i do appreciate some will play day and night to achieve it to get the ship for the brag worthy points it gives.. to me now its just not worth it.

Some of us have jobs and families and wont put WOW before that.  So come on Wargamming.  Lets make it a bit more achievable and give back to the community that supports your jobs and wealth

There not going to make it to easy for us . It's seems like It's more for hard core players and those who have time to grind like retired folks or kids who aren't working nothing wrong with that . But for guys with full time jobs kids and wives it can be tough to get all these missions done . 

3 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

I only played about 10-20 games a night.

Only that's a awful lot for most of us . I cant remember the last time I played 20 games in a day . Actually it was during the snow flake event but they were all coop games on my day off . 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

There not going to make it to easy for us . It's seems like It's more for hard core players and those who have time to grind like retired folks or kids who aren't working nothing wrong with that . But for guys with full time jobs kids and wives it can be tough to get all these missions done . 

Only that's a awful lot for most of us . I cant remember the last time I played 20 games in a day . Actually it was during the snow flake event but they were all coop games on my day off . 

poster did say coop, you might fire off 10 games in less than an hour, definitely less than 90 minutes i'd think

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,268 posts
12,229 battles

@SKurj @USMCGal Yes sorry USMCgal you are correct you said coop still 20 games is close to 3 hours which is still tough to find for me on work days .

Edited by clammboy

Sign in to follow this