Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Admiral Graf Spee " Where Is My Radar " :)

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,747
[K-POP]
Members
3,067 posts
24,564 battles

OK WG straight from the horses mouth :

Seetakt  shipborne radar

 

 FMG G(gO) "Seetakt" set

 Four units were ordered and installed on the Königsberg, Admiral Graf Spee and two large torpedo boats (which in German service were the size of small destroyers). The Admiral Graf Spee used this unit successfully against shipping in the Atlantic. 

And this just for starters we will talk about other German ships another time.

German Radar

shot-21_03.01_13_03.55-0766.thumb.jpg.7da78ad7be6245d7bbbfccd808355784.jpg

Time for the Kriegsmarine to get its radar :Smile-_tongue:

Here is a bonus Tirpitz radar platform 

Tirpitz' Radar - Page 2 - Naval History Forums

 

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,394
[WOLFC]
Members
2,548 posts
11,027 battles

There are lots of the ships in the game that had some form of radar in reality but lack the Surveillance Radar consumable. There are also ships that’s have to arbitrarily give up their surveillance radar to utilize their smoke generator or aircraft facilities. The reasons for all of these features are the same: game balance and to provide different nations/lines with a distinct identity.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,747
[K-POP]
Members
3,067 posts
24,564 battles
Just now, FrodoFraggin said:

T6 radar :cap_cool:

All's fair in love and war or kill or be killed.

WG does not play by Queensbury Rules why should the Admiral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,677
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,855 posts
14,882 battles
15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

There are lots of the ships in the game that had some form of radar in reality but lack the Surveillance Radar consumable. There are also ships that’s have to arbitrarily give up their surveillance radar to utilize their smoke generator or aircraft facilities. The reasons for all of these features is the same: game balance and to provide different nations/lines with a distinct identity.

What I would like to see for the ships above tier 4 or 5 that do not have the radar consumable is Surface Search radar that only puts ships on the mini-map but does not detect the ship for normal firing although they are welcome to use the mini-map and try.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,747
[K-POP]
Members
3,067 posts
24,564 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh God, it's Hanrahan again. :fish_palm:

Who is this  " Hanrahan " you speak of ?

Is this a serious post " Yes " and  " NO " if WG wants to give German ships Radar then I'm for it, will they actually listen to one person pushing the case " Not a chance ".

The real point of this post is to YES make WG aware that there new mode in testing is a great idea in theory, however in practise unless they have something up there sleeve for The Axis are going to be blitzed.

Its a personal view like all the others in the two other threads out at the moment but the more they see our views / feed back  hopefully it might inspire them to really get this mode right.

i would like it to work.

Do you have problem with people trying to make posts lighthearted well attempting to anyway, do they have to be all serious really. just asking as I even put a tongue and cheek emoji in it.

cheers    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,747
[K-POP]
Members
3,067 posts
24,564 battles

 

4 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

There are lots of the ships in the game that had some form of radar in reality but lack the Surveillance Radar consumable. There are also ships that’s have to arbitrarily give up their surveillance radar to utilize their smoke generator or aircraft facilities. The reasons for all of these features is the same: game balance and to provide different nations/lines with a distinct identity.

Yeah i get  that, the only problem current radar doctrine for this game is badly balanced it needs to be scrapped completely or at the very least a major over haul . 

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,281
[WOLFG]
Members
11,771 posts
10,923 battles
4 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Who is this  " Hanrahan " you speak of ?

 

Fletch reference?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
[GRETA]
Members
1,378 posts
10,609 battles

If WG were forced to only give ships the tools they actually had IRL I am pretty sure someone at corporate would end up in the gulag because soviet ships would be garbage. 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
649
[WOLF7]
Members
875 posts
23 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

If WG were forced to only give ships the tools they actually had IRL I am pretty sure someone at corporate would end up in the gulag because soviet ships would be garbage. 

image.thumb.png.71dc46a91edfaf74e49584cd39601764.png

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,314
[SALVO]
Members
6,935 posts
5,502 battles
3 hours ago, tm63au said:

Who is this  " Hanrahan " you speak of ?

Is this a serious post " Yes " and  " NO " if WG wants to give German ships Radar then I'm for it, will they actually listen to one person pushing the case " Not a chance ".

The real point of this post is to YES make WG aware that there new mode in testing is a great idea in theory, however in practise unless they have something up there sleeve for The Axis are going to be blitzed.

Its a personal view like all the others in the two other threads out at the moment but the more they see our views / feed back  hopefully it might inspire them to really get this mode right.

i would like it to work.

Do you have problem with people trying to make posts lighthearted well attempting to anyway, do they have to be all serious really. just asking as I even put a tongue and cheek emoji in it.

cheers    

We all love the Spee but it is already almost OP as it is to have Radar on top (not like it would sinergize very good with her tho). 

If they are serious about historical battles, I bet they will pull something out of the sleeve. Brainstorming some ideas:

- They can give Radar to German BBs (Missouri style), given their current lame state and the brawler style of play, Radar would sinergize  very well with them.

- They can give Radar to the new DD line, they look so bad that's possible to slap Radar on them to give them a bit of a figthing chance.

- They can pull a cruiser line split, and give Radar to their fantasy CL line. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Or even better: Graf Spee ‘39 with radar for DubloonsTM

usually € motivate wg so why not?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,216
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,839 posts
25,782 battles

If Graf Spee gets Radar consumable for Tier VI, I want all Royal Navy ships to have a consumable called "British Intelligence."

When any RN ship uses that consumable when Graf Spee is in their match, G.Spee will automatically scuttle itself.

Graf_Spee_scuttled.png

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,022 posts
3,050 battles
7 hours ago, tm63au said:

OK WG straight from the horses mouth :

Seetakt  shipborne radar

 

 FMG G(gO) "Seetakt" set

 Four units were ordered and installed on the Königsberg, Admiral Graf Spee and two large torpedo boats (which in German service were the size of small destroyers). The Admiral Graf Spee used this unit successfully against shipping in the Atlantic. 

And this just for starters we will talk about other German ships another time.

German Radar

shot-21_03.01_13_03.55-0766.thumb.jpg.7da78ad7be6245d7bbbfccd808355784.jpg

Time for the Kriegsmarine to get its radar :Smile-_tongue:

Here is a bonus Tirpitz radar platform 

Tirpitz' Radar - Page 2 - Naval History Forums

 

You have a sh-t ton of cash and free xp, nice 👍

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,358
[PVE]
Members
7,852 posts
23,812 battles
7 hours ago, tm63au said:

OK WG straight from the horses mouth :

Seetakt  shipborne radar

 

 FMG G(gO) "Seetakt" set

 Four units were ordered and installed on the Königsberg, Admiral Graf Spee and two large torpedo boats (which in German service were the size of small destroyers). The Admiral Graf Spee used this unit successfully against shipping in the Atlantic. 

And this just for starters we will talk about other German ships another time.

German Radar

shot-21_03.01_13_03.55-0766.thumb.jpg.7da78ad7be6245d7bbbfccd808355784.jpg

Time for the Kriegsmarine to get its radar

Here is a bonus Tirpitz radar platform 

Tirpitz' Radar - Page 2 - Naval History Forums

 

All german cruisers & DDs T6 & above (& BBs T8 & above) have radar in the form of hydro...both hydro & radar are the exact same mechanic (w/hydro getting the torp detection added to it)...just extensions of the 2km assured acquisition mechanic... it's even in their descriptions.

If the real reason was intended as a nudge for the upcoming Axis/Allies tourney to give the Axis some kinda help...you should have included that in the OP & the title...instead of post #7 in the thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,747
[K-POP]
Members
3,067 posts
24,564 battles
6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If the real reason was intended as a nudge for the upcoming Axis/Allies tourney to give the Axis some kinda help...you should have included that in the OP & the title...instead of post #7 in the thread.

 Fair enough:Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,747
[K-POP]
Members
3,067 posts
24,564 battles
12 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

You have a sh-t ton of cash and free xp, nice 👍

Contrary to some of my posts on this game I am a ardent supporter of it.

cheers  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[_BDA_]
Members
490 posts
7,862 battles
37 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If Graf Spee gets Radar consumable for Tier VI, I want all Royal Navy ships to have a consumable called "British Intelligence."

When any RN ship uses that consumable when Graf Spee is in their match, G.Spee will automatically scuttle itself.

Graf_Spee_scuttled.png

Then there should also be a German consumable called "HMS Hood has blown up" whenever Bismarck is in the battle.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,216
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,839 posts
25,782 battles
8 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

Then there should also be a German consumable called "HMS Hood has blown up" whenever Bismarck is in the battle.

Pfft, as if you're going to see many Hoods in WoWS LOL

There should also be a Royal Navy Gangbang of Bismarck.

 

Then we can laugh even more about the idiocy of the Kriegsmarine sending out their newest, most advanced Battleship with 1 escort.

 

This "advanced" and "modern" Battleship also got worked over by a handful of cloth skinned Biplanes.

Murder Inc.

1920px-HMS_Ark_Royal_h85716.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
153 posts
35 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Pfft, as if you're going to see many Hoods in WoWS LOL

There should also be a Royal Navy Gangbang of Bismarck.

 

Then we can laugh even more about the idiocy of the Kriegsmarine sending out their newest, most advanced Battleship with 1 escort.

 

This "advanced" and "modern" Battleship also got worked over by a handful of cloth skinned Biplanes.

Murder Inc.

1920px-HMS_Ark_Royal_h85716.jpg

HMS Albert Anastasia?

image.thumb.png.c785e5d3591dd258c12999b86dad2e2b.png

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If Graf Spee gets Radar consumable for Tier VI, I want all Royal Navy ships to have a consumable called "British Intelligence."

When any RN ship uses that consumable when Graf Spee is in their match, G.Spee will automatically scuttle itself.

Graf_Spee_scuttled.png

An even better one is “enigma” where all allied ships see the position of all axis ships at all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[GRETA]
Members
473 posts
16,940 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

An even better one is “enigma” where all allied ships see the position of all axis ships at all times.

And know their plan.  KM chat is all chat, anyone using KM voice is shared with all players. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,276
[ARGSY]
Members
23,329 posts
17,304 battles
11 hours ago, tm63au said:

Do you have problem with people trying to make posts lighthearted well attempting to anyway, do they have to be all serious really.

No, that's why I replied with an Australian in-joke poking fun at what I see as your negativity.

In fairness, maybe I should have used this emoticon :Smile_veryhappy: instead of this one: :fish_palm:

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,003
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,206 posts
12,777 battles
12 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

T6 radar :cap_cool:

Why not? Make it swap with hydro and call it a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×