Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sbels

previous dockyard ships

24 comments in this topic

[W_H_S]
Members
91 posts
8,336 battles

I have read several posts starting with the Puerto Rico and progressing through the subsequent dockyards that the ships would eventually be put on sale for coal or steel was wondering if it would be possible to get an update on this I only ask because several ships have just been or are about to be removed from sale for coal and such and was wondering if these ships would be put in to take their places?

[GRETA]
Members
1,384 posts
10,635 battles

I never heard anything about dockyard ships being made available for steel/coal or any other resource for that matter.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
234 posts
3,222 battles
15 minutes ago, Sbels said:

I have read several posts starting with the Puerto Rico and progressing through the subsequent dockyards that the ships would eventually be put on sale for coal or steel was wondering if it would be possible to get an update on this I only ask because several ships have just been or are about to be removed from sale for coal and such and was wondering if these ships would be put in to take their places?

The answer remains "maybe someday".  Though I highly doubt that the Puerto Rico will make a reappearance given the controversy surrounding it.

[CK5]
Members
1,526 posts
16,305 battles

Who knows what WG will do?  They are not always predictable and sometimes make maddening decisions.  On the other hand, if it will make money, WG might do it. 

[W_H_S]
Members
91 posts
8,336 battles
1 hour ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

The answer remains "maybe someday".  Though I highly doubt that the Puerto Rico will make a reappearance given the controversy surrounding it.

well by releasing it for coal/steel it may lower the controversy

[CO-OP]
Members
2,874 posts
28,581 battles
7 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

But were any of the dockyard ships worth it? I do not see many PRs or Odins.

Odin is not uncommon to see in battles.  PR has about 288K games played since it dropped a little over a year ago (not great, but it is getting some play.)  Hizen is still new, so you're going to see these for the next month or so.

Are they worth it?  Depends on what the cost is.

[CHA0S]
Members
249 posts
3,064 battles
30 minutes ago, Sbels said:

well by releasing it for coal/steel it may lower the controversy

Would they risk the anger releasing it for resources might bring?  The anger from those who actually ground it out - or bought it outright, only to see it released to everyone?

I'd love to have her personally - yet I can imagine the ire if they actually made her available...

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,792 battles

Why, when discussing Dockyard ships, only the PR, Odin, and Hizen get mentioned.

I have an Anchorage in my port. I remember building it in the Dockyard. Right? Am I crazy? Do I misremember?

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
128 posts
16,010 battles

I don't recall who it was, but I believe one of the developers indicated that the PR was unlikely to be reissued any time soon.

[O_O]
Members
6,979 posts
17,018 battles
12 minutes ago, Incomitatus said:

Why, when discussing Dockyard ships, only the PR, Odin, and Hizen get mentioned.

I have an Anchorage in my port. I remember building it in the Dockyard. Right? Am I crazy? Do I misremember?

No, your memory is intact.  Anchorage was also a Dockyard event ship.

• Thanks 1

[CHA0S]
Members
249 posts
3,064 battles
19 minutes ago, Incomitatus said:

It feels (anecdotally) like I see more Puerto Ricos than I do Anchorages.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,816 posts
2 hours ago, Sbels said:

or are about to be removed from sale for coal

Which ships are about to be removed?

[GRETA]
Members
1,384 posts
10,635 battles
55 minutes ago, crazyeightyfive said:

It feels (anecdotally) like I see more Puerto Ricos than I do Anchorages.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I don't see too many but I love mine.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,693 posts
27,458 battles
26 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I don't see too many but I love mine.

Mostly treat my An like a Buffalo, and don’t seem to do so badly.

[WOLF1]
Members
122 posts
5,978 battles

Anchorage would be great with a small reload buff

WG will do whatever they want, despite whatever they've said in the past. We've seen steel ships become coal ships. We've seen them sell T9 and a T10 ship, even some that were coal or fxp ships. 

[T_O_P]
Members
555 posts

I love my PR but I don't get to play her much if at all, like many other ships that I have in port. A lot of time it is due to the event requirements. Other times it's because I still have some lines to grind. And finally... at this point I kinda feel tired.

btw what coal ships are getting removed?

[PVE]
Members
7,921 posts
23,939 battles
14 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Which ships are about to be removed?

(Edit; Sorry Burnsy's question...the plural "ships" specifically...threw me off because he didn't quote the whole comment from the OP...only Somers (1 steel ship) is about to be removed...OP said "several ships have just been or are about to...for coal & such". As there is only 1 ship about to the plural ships made my mind jump to stupid mode...really stupid because I just got both Georgia & Thunderer the last day before the update

11 hours ago, Hammer_n_Sickle said:

btw what coal ships are getting removed?

Thunderer/Georgia/Alaska for coal & (is it Smaland?) the 2M FXP DD... are gone next update. (Edit continued: Oops... bold supposed to read ...just went last update). It was announced months ago.

Also the Somers (DD for steel) I do believe is going away either the update after that or 2 updates after that. (Edit: So next update or the 1 after for Somers)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
8 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

But were any of the dockyard ships worth it? I do not see many PRs or Odins.

PR does well in clan battles, odins show up for ranked battkes. Odin is a bit low on the hp side so probably not geat for clan battles, but the torps are good for brawling if they survive the approach.

so far none of the dockyard ships have been « gudbotes » apart maybe grom PR. The deal seems to be pay less get less. So personally i wont regret not paying more for hizen than i did for odin.

[T_O_P]
Members
555 posts
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Thunderer/Georgia/Alaska for coal & (is it Smaland?) the 2M FXP DD are gone next update. It was announced months ago.

Also the Somers (DD for steel) I do believe is going away either the update after that or 2 updates after that.

wait... i thought that was supposed to happen in 10.1??? I have them all so I haven't checked. I thought it was some other ships getting removed too.

Members
62 posts
254 battles
3 hours ago, Hammer_n_Sickle said:

wait... i thought that was supposed to happen in 10.1??? I have them all so I haven't checked. I thought it was some other ships getting removed too.

Yea some errors in what he wrote.

The first 4 ships he mentioned are already gone.

And the Alaska went for FXP, not coal.

Edited by armakel

[PVE]
Members
7,921 posts
23,939 battles
6 hours ago, Hammer_n_Sickle said:

My bad...edited...

3 hours ago, armakel said:

Yea some errors in what he wrote.

The first 4 ships he mentioned are already gone.

And the Alaska went for FXP, not coal.

Yeah...even after the edit I still missed the Alaska being for FXP... I've had it since it 1st dropped in so spaced that after all this time...

...but I blamed it all on @Burnsy in my edit though...so it's all good...

...at least if you discount the fact I just picked the other 2 ships up the last day of the update & even had to convert a little steel to do so..

then...

yeah...

It's still all Burnsy's fault :-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Funny 1

[DMGS]
Members
122 posts
6,608 battles

Mind you, I got no evidence for this and it’s merely my gut feeling:

I suspect that these ships will eventually replace the retired ships in Santa boxes. They said that already several ships (like Kamikaze and Nikolai I) are gonna be pulled for the next event.

I could imagine dockyard ships eventually taking the ultra rare slot for ships like these.

[MOEKA]
Members
23 posts
6,314 battles

My guess is all the dockyard ships probably won't be available to exchange with any of the resorces.  However, i do see wg putting them in Christmas crates.

Sign in to follow this