Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Qilang

Andrea Doria HP is 45000

20 comments in this topic

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,742 posts
19,919 battles

I would assume because of it's armor scheme perhaps. At least that was the reason why they short changed the Odin's hit point pool with only 52,800 hp at T8. Yes the Andrea Doria appears to have the the lowest hp just behind the Normandie at 48,300, which has terrible armor. I assume time will tell if that's just too low and perhaps in need of readjustment. I have had the GC and the Roma for some time which are great ships in their own ways. I have the T4-T6 but haven't played them much yet; they seem sort of meh  thus far. 

[HAI]
Members
414 posts

Queen Elizabeth is better in every possible way. I think that's why they give Andrea Doria for 'free'.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,861 posts
27,592 battles

This is Andrea Doria's protection scheme, which is actually very good for the tier.  Only German BBs Bayern and PEF, latter a Premium Ship, Fuso compete with this in dealing with HE spam.

shot-21-02-09-18-16-09-0672.jpg

All the other BBs except those 3 will get farmed mercilessly by HE Spam if they have 26mm HE Pen.  The key is the deck armor area around the superstructure and belt armor near there, because these areas are where HE shells tend to fall most of the time.

1 hour ago, Qilang said:

Queen Elizabeth is better in every possible way. I think that's why they give Andrea Doria for 'free'.

Well, Andrea Doria should be free.  Because when the ITA BB Line goes Fully Live, she is a Free Tech Tree Ship.

The one thing I take issue with for Andrea Doria is her gunnery.  1.6 Sigma, French / Italian / Old German BB Dispersion, coupled with a slower reload is frustrating.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
9,327 posts
14,219 battles
45 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The one thing I take issue with for Andrea Doria is her gunnery.  1.6 Sigma, French / Italian / Old German BB Dispersion, coupled with a slower reload is frustrating.

actually Doria is the only BB in the line that has a 30 second reload

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,861 posts
27,592 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

actually Doria is the only BB in the line that has a 30 second reload

You're correct, I'll fix that.

It's frustrating because SAP requires precise placement, but these new ITA BBs are anything but precise.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
34,409 posts
10,728 battles
1 hour ago, Qilang said:

Queen Elizabeth is better in every possible way. 

You must be lacking in game knowledge then, because you don't know that turret traverse, speed, and concealment are "ways", and Doria is better than QE in those areas. (especially turret traverse, Doria's turrets turn twice as fast, while I think only Musashi has turrets as slow as QE)

Not to mention that, QE was also given away for free as an "early access" ship.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,962 posts
7,132 battles
1 hour ago, Qilang said:

lol, lowest among T6 BB, by a mile.

I mean, why bother?

Is that her A or B hull's health?

1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This is Andrea Doria's protection scheme, which is actually very good for the tier.  Only German BBs Bayern and PEF, latter a Premium Ship, compete with this in dealing with HE spam.

shot-21-02-09-18-16-09-0672.jpg

All the other BBs except those 3 will get farmed mercilessly by HE Spam if they have 26mm HE Pen.  The key is the deck armor area around the superstructure and belt armor near there, because these areas are where HE shells tend to fall most of the time.

Well, Andrea Doria should be free.  Because when the ITA BB Line goes Fully Live, she is a Free Tech Tree Ship.

Fuso is also fairly HE resistant:

fuso.thumb.png.512f99ff6ca5b7cd6b3a008fa0459793.png

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,861 posts
27,592 battles
15 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Is that her A or B hull's health?

Fuso is also fairly HE resistant:

fuso.thumb.png.512f99ff6ca5b7cd6b3a008fa0459793.png

Yes, 35mm deck armor.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,962 posts
7,132 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yes, 35mm deck armor.

And little superstructure footprint to bury it under.

[HAI]
Members
414 posts
55 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You must be lacking in game knowledge then, because you don't know that turret traverse, speed, and concealment are "ways", and Doria is better than QE in those areas. (especially turret traverse, Doria's turrets turn twice as fast, while I think only Musashi has turrets as slow as QE)

Not to mention that, QE was also given away for free as an "early access" ship.

u play this ship and I play QE, I have confidence to win every battle against you

• Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts

I just unlocked Normandie yesterday.... and it's armor/hp isn't all that bad in play... it does a decent job of bouncing .. doesn't make up for the guns in my experience yet tho....

[WOLFG]
Members
34,409 posts
10,728 battles
Just now, Qilang said:

u play this ship and I play QE, I have confidence to win every battle against you

That's fine, but doesn't alter the fact that QE isn't "better in every possible way".

Plus, what are you basing that on, other than your own experience with the two ships? (of which you'll have far less in Doria)

I mean, I can make a ship that I'm experienced in and comfortable with perform better than an OP ship that I've barely played, how do you know that isn't influencing your opinion?

[WOLFG]
Members
34,409 posts
10,728 battles
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I just unlocked Normandie yesterday.... and it's armor/hp isn't all that bad in play... it does a decent job of bouncing .. doesn't make up for the guns in my experience yet tho....

I treat it same as Lyon. AP when top tier, HE when bottom, and lots of switching when mid. (I found the FR BBs can really benefit from Expert Loader/Gun Feeder.

• Cool 1

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
161 posts
9,061 battles

Italian BB's much like the new US bb's are complete crap at low/mid tier and don't really get better until high tier.

The only redeeming factor is the SAP performs well against cruisers. You don't overpen them as much as AP does at those tiers.

Besides that they are slow, traverse is awful they won't even track targets quickly enough when maneuvering a bit. Terrible range that are scatterguns at anything over short range.

Honestly I would rather take a Viribus Crapolis over a Cavour or Oklahoma anyday.

Edited by Xenite

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,861 posts
27,592 battles
46 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Normandie's 26mm deck armor against AP, is fine until 380mm+ AP shows up.  The real vulnerability is against HE Spam.  She melts against anything that can HE Pen 26mm+.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Normandie's 26mm deck armor against AP, is fine until 380mm+ AP shows up.  The real vulnerability is against HE Spam.  She melts against anything that can HE Pen 26mm+.

i actually got corraled by a bow tanking QE and Mass in a coop game in it yesterday... thankfully they mostly used ap and i was surprised how long i lived showing my stern to them...  

so far... not real happy with the Normandie, even the bretagne felt better but to be fair I have played quite a few games in it.  I sense a long grind in normandie... got worse when i tried to run an RR op yesterday, and we were down 3 players by the time we were only half way through the op lol ... Normandie can't carry that haha

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I'm of an age where Andrea Doria will always be a sunken cruise liner that they pulled an empty safe out, and then opened on live TV, finding a bunch of soggy cash but none of the hyped jewelry or gems.  

[PUDEL]
Members
557 posts
2,686 battles
22 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You're correct, I'll fix that.

It's frustrating because SAP requires precise placement, but these new ITA BBs are anything but precise.

All too true.

[PUDEL]
Members
557 posts
2,686 battles
18 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'm of an age where Andrea Doria will always be a sunken cruise liner that they pulled an empty safe out, and then opened on live TV, finding a bunch of soggy cash but none of the hyped jewelry or gems.  

Virtual +1

Sign in to follow this