You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Andrea Doria vs. Giulio Cesare - question for those with both.

5 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles

Apart from their different tiers, premium vs. tech tree status and the fact that the Giulio has HE and the Doria has SAP, is there actually any difference between them?

Because if there isn't, I can easily understand how giving a Doria (which I have unlocked and played) the ability to light main armament fires would make her an obscene terror if set at Tier 5 against Tier 4 ships.

It makes me hope they dust off the Giunio Bruto and make her the Novorossiysk at T6.

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,585 posts
11,084 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Apart from their different tiers, premium vs. tech tree status and the fact that the Giulio has HE and the Doria has SAP, is there actually any difference between them?

I would argue that all of these are very important differences. :Smile-_tongue:

But seriously, remember that WG buffed GC’s plating and decided that the result was balanced at tier VI.

14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It makes me hope they dust off the Giunio Bruto and make her the Novorossiysk at T6.

I was surprised that the tier V tech tree ship wasn’t Leonardo da Vinci. I expected the rebuilt Conte de Cavour to be released as a tier VI premium along with the new line - a tweaked version of Giunio Bruto with SAP.

• Sad 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
22,906 battles

Blapping cruisers out of existence with SAP dev strikes never gets old.

[KWF]
Members
5,805 posts
7,013 battles

Extremity plating aside, Giulio has a bit better concealment, shorter range than Doria, better sigma, worse secondaries, worse AA, worse rudder shift due to Doria being able to fit the Upgrade.

Still, functionaly just by the HE I would rather pick Giulio. The whole story behind Giunio Bruto and in general that effort to nerf Giulio was a pretty bad community driven outcry in hindsight. Possibly affected the future quite a bit for the worse; also WG was able to turn it into a win by playing on the artificial scarcity and presence in specific lootboxes.

• Sad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
5 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

I would argue that all of these are very important differences.

They can face each other at Tier 5 through 7 matchmaking, so the tier and premium differences are less important from that perspective.

• Boring 1