You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Thought by now players may have adjusted

77 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

So I sat out an entire week of game play. I had unrealistic hopes that somehow the game would have self-adjusted to the new skill rework. Perhaps that's what the devs think too? Aw, just focus on new content, they'll get used to things. Maybe in a few more weeks we'll have captured enough data...

image.thumb.png.54cda01e56e705f1e0ccb33f97f1d299.png

On my part, I put a good amount of damage out, for me. If you try to push, at all, you are more or less alone. Shoot, it doesn't even need to be a solo or yolo effort. Just be a bit further forward than the next ship and you get focused. So in this match I followed "the group". We actually were doing okay in the beginning. Had more caps, even on the ship exchange. 

Then suddenly, our team started dropping ship by ship without a return in kind to the reds. I know I contributed to that by firing AP sparingly. Used to be, you know, you could get long-term HE damage via fires. Out of my total damage shown, those five fires only generated 25K in damage. Another 49,829 damage is HE damage (modules and the like perhaps?) and finishing it out, 23K damage from AP. 

My question here is this: In the skill rework, did changes get implemented that alters damage earned by fires? In general, is DoT worth it these days? 

tiafyc

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Maybe in a few more weeks we'll have captured enough data...

According to another post, Deadeye is in for a complete revamp. The unfortunate consequence happened, and a whole bunch of brainless dingbats misunderstood it completely and used its existence to justify their inadequacies.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 7

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

According to another post, Deadeye is in for a complete revamp. The unfortunate consequence happened, and a whole bunch of brainless dingbats misunderstood it completely and used its existence to justify their inadequacies.

When you call people dingbats... developers or customers? when the game promotes long range sniping in conjunction with decreasing the effectiveness of close range brawling... What effect do you think would happen? It didn't take a rocket surgeon to see what would happen.

• Cool 5

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles

:cap_popcorn:

Members
2,161 posts
6,445 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

excuse us dingbats for living!!!!!!

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
19 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

when the game promotes long range sniping

No, the game did not promote that; a subset of players misunderstood and abused this skill to play in that manner or to react as if everyone else was going to do so.

5 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

excuse us dingbats for living!!!!!!

I didn't actually name names, but if the shoe fits...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[KWF]
Members
5,793 posts
7,007 battles

Demolition Expert for DDs, CAs lost 50% of it's effectiveness at 33% less cost, so there's that. 

On BBs I don't think anything changed. If it's anything to go by, I've seen more and more BBs using HE, regardless if RN or not.

To answer the question, no change documented regarding Dot.

29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Brainless dingbats aside, it doesn't even matter if a skill was misunderstood or not. WG's rework planning had to account for players trying to abuse skills as much as possible to get ahead. If they didn't know of this possibility, why go ahead with releasing such skills? WG put Deadeye in the game, not the players. It's not really abuse when you are merely using the tools handed to you.

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, the game did not promote that; a subset of players misunderstood and abused this skill to play in that manner or to react as if everyone else was going to do so.

1) if you buff one activity and nerf the opposite of that activity what do you think the result will be? Stop blaming the customers for reactions to changes that they did not ask for. The result is the result.

I watched Happa fodder say on a WG stream that this was still in testing as these changes went live. The test has been a monumental success. At our expense.

• Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

WG's rework planning had to account for players trying to abuse skills as much as possible to get ahead.

Yeah, but REFUSING to close in when it's necessary to save the outcome JUST BECAUSE IT MIGHT DEACTIVATE DEADEYE isn't getting ahead; it's playing stupid. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
1 minute ago, Pura__Vida said:

Stop blaming the customers for reactions to changes that they did not ask for.

You mean it's not justifiable to blame customers who abuse a product in a manner for which it was not intended?

Sorry. 

If you want to shift the goalposts, fine. You can do it out of my sight. I'm done engaging with you.

• Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,172 posts
19,039 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, they pretty much did. It may not have been their intent but that is what happened. WG apparently couldn't see this coming but the entire playerbase saw it as soon as the skills were released.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
5,793 posts
7,007 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, but REFUSING to close in when it's necessary to save the outcome JUST BECAUSE IT MIGHT DEACTIVATE DEADEYE isn't getting ahead; it's playing stupid. 

I always considered that the free 2 play label on this game and others didn't just state being able to not spend money, but also be able to play in whichever way you like provided you don't actively bot.

Similarly to how in a classic FPS or a Hero based shooter someone will camp in a corner with a sniper rifle while their team dies around them and they keep on losing objectives, so is someone free to throw wins in favor of sticking to a chosen WoWs playstyle. It's infuriating but not against the rules of the game. It's just that the skill became almost universally good for the most populous class in the game that really messed things up.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You mean it's not justifiable to blame customers who abuse a product in a manner for which it was not intended?

Sorry. 

If you want to shift the goalposts, fine. You can do it out of my sight. I'm done engaging with you.

engaging with me? lols. Shift the goalposts? You make no sense and have a horrible argument. There was no testing on this skill until it went live (per WG itself).  The results have been unfavorably received. weren't asked for, and are potentially being completely revamped by WG.

But it's the player bases fault (customers)? That's your argument? By all means please stop engaging with me, and stop chewing on the crazy pills as well.

Edited by Pura__Vida
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
5 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

The test has been a monumental success. At our expense.

What did it cost you?

A lot of money? A couple fingers? A kidney? Some hair maybe?

Psst... It's a game, it cost nothing unless you want to. 

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Sorry. 

If WG "reworks" a meta which already favored long range HE spam by making long range HE spam more accurate and effective while nerfing anyone trying to push, both by nerfing the survivability and effectiveness of its weaponry, despite everyone warning them of the outcome long before said "rework" even hit the PTS, what do you think the devs intended? People pushing more often?

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

What did it cost you?

A lot of money? A couple fingers? A kidney? Some hair maybe?

Psst... It's a game, it cost nothing unless you want to. 

The greatest currency in the world and most valuable. Time.

It's just some people value their differently. Think of the players that spent hours and hours changing every captain skill on their entire fleet. Only to do it again. Will it be free from a resource cost? How much more time will it take to do teh same thing after the next skill change that no one originally asked for?

• Cool 1

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
13 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

It's just some people value their differently. Think of the players that spent hours and hours changing every captain skill on their entire fleet. Only to do it again. Will it be free from a resource cost? How much more time will it take to do teh same thing after the next skill change that no one originally asked for?

Or people who hates a certain playstyle and bought ships for a more fun way to play only to see his ships rendered completely useless. 

Such drastic and game breaking changes should have come with refunds, but WG doesn't care about that.

Edited by WarStore
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
7 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

In a business or work environment, time is indeed a valuable resource.

In games and entertainment, the objective is to waste time... You pay to waste your time in many cases. Success in entertainment can be meassured by how long it keeps you engaged, "wasting" time is kinda a non-sense when your initial objective is precisely to "waste" that time in something other than work.

You may argue that you didn't enjoy the experience, but that's different than saying you wasted a resource (time) you were already determined to waste in entertainment.

• Cool 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
12 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Or people who hates a certain playstyle and bought ships for a more fun way to play only to see his ships rendered completely useless. 

Such drastic and game breaking changes should have come with refunds, but WG doesn't care about that.

In the end, and already being forgotten is/was the real intent of the skill changes. To monetize captains xp. Arguing about Deadeye and everything is else is just fluff. 

• Meh 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

In a business or work environment, time is indeed a valuable resource.

agreed, and why you are still not blocked is staggering to me. I view your opinion as worthless.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,225 posts
22,815 battles

Still waiting on the new skills version 2. I want to see Grease the Gears revert to Expert Marksman. What was WG's rationale about that change? Nerf gunboat DD?

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
5 minutes ago, WarStore said:

I've got no refund for the last season of GoT, or for the crappy SW sequels...

Change is constant, sometimes you'll enjoy it, sometimes you won't. One or two patches down the line the game will shift again, more change, maybe you'll like maybe you won't. The more you diversify your options of entertainment, the easier will be for you to find some niche to enjoy... For example, DDs are in a very good place this patch.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,225 posts
22,815 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Sorry. 

WG shifted the goalposts moving from 19 to 21 points yet you still engage with them?

Happily not playing this game for 30 days now. I've got to see some positive changes in the skills first. And "positive" is totally subject to my interpretation.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,491 posts
22,872 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So I sat out an entire week of game play. I had unrealistic hopes that somehow the game would have self-adjusted to the new skill rework. Perhaps that's what the devs think too? Aw, just focus on new content, they'll get used to things. Maybe in a few more weeks we'll have captured enough data...

image.thumb.png.54cda01e56e705f1e0ccb33f97f1d299.png

On my part, I put a good amount of damage out, for me. If you try to push, at all, you are more or less alone. Shoot, it doesn't even need to be a solo or yolo effort. Just be a bit further forward than the next ship and you get focused. So in this match I followed "the group". We actually were doing okay in the beginning. Had more caps, even on the ship exchange. 

Then suddenly, our team started dropping ship by ship without a return in kind to the reds. I know I contributed to that by firing AP sparingly. Used to be, you know, you could get long-term HE damage via fires. Out of my total damage shown, those five fires only generated 25K in damage. Another 49,829 damage is HE damage (modules and the like perhaps?) and finishing it out, 23K damage from AP. 

My question here is this: In the skill rework, did changes get implemented that alters damage earned by fires? In general, is DoT worth it these days? 

tiafyc

You have to kill ships... 

You obviously were farming battleships and not focused on killing cruisers.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
9 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

agreed, and why you are still not blocked is staggering to me. I view your opinion as worthless.

Oh please don't... I've a lot of fun with you, people that can't sustain their ideas is always amusing.

• Cool 1