Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
yushuyan

Is it possible to set a limit on higher tier premium ships going into random and ranked battles?

6 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
83 battles

Is it possible to set a limit on higher tier premium ships going into random and ranked battles?

I think that players who are new to the game or who don't have much experience in higher tier battles will not be able to use the higher tier ships.

Also, WoWS is a team battle. A certain amount of knowledge and experience is required for high tier combat. It's not good for team members or opponents to have an unfamiliar player there.

Here's a suggestion I've been thinking about.

In order to enter a random or ranked battle with a high tier premium ship, the player must have a regular ship of the same tier or have entered a certain number of battles with a regular ship of the same tier.
How about a requirement that you have a certain number of sorties with a regular ship one tier below the premium ship in question?

If you have a better idea for this suggestion, please add your thoughts!

• Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
8 minutes ago, yushuyan said:

I think that players who are new to the game or who don't have much experience in higher tier battles will not be able to use the higher tier ships.

Also, WoWS is a team battle. A certain amount of knowledge and experience is required for high tier combat. It's not good for team members or opponents to have an unfamiliar player there.

In order to enter a random or ranked battle with a high tier premium ship, the player must have a regular ship of the same tier or have entered a certain number of battles with a regular ship of the same tier.
How about a requirement that you have a certain number of sorties with a regular ship one tier below the premium ship in question?

In case you were wondering... No its not a good a idea to limit participation/population in a particular game mod... Especially, when it comes to Ranked battles...

Rank as it stands and configured, acts like a sieve.. With the  must devoted masochists among us in the gold league. Meaning, of the population as a whole... Only a niche population make it to gold league. When you have a niche of anything, getting people to partake in the activity is really hard.

When you leave the potatoes (or the least "qualified" or sane players) among us. It throws off the math... So now, instead of the impressive WR% everyone likes... It will instead fall in the normal range of %45 to %55 (based on the old data).

With less population, people complain about increase wait times.. Increase wait times are a game killer..

With the recent recruitment drives and the implementation of WOWS in Epic games... I am more worried about the population numbers, and their inability to remain stable..

This is more evident when at tier 5, a random battle will resemble Co-op in 1 in 5 matches..

I really can;t support any restrictive population measures or control... Its just not feasible ATM.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
30 minutes ago, yushuyan said:

no, the moment you mentioned the word premium...  they have done all they will do by making them more difficult to get

[KWF]
Members
5,803 posts
7,013 battles

At that point in the game, battles and access to high tiers don't really tell much. Being able to fail to tier X is real and it doesn't take premiums to do.

[HINON]
Members
14,009 posts

The horse left the barn years ago. You arent going to catch Shadowfax now.

[CRUEL]
Members
529 posts
9,417 battles

You made the mistake of leaving the protected mm too early. Now its time to learn for real. You are going to have a tough time for a while. It's called learning. We all did it. And while some premiums are op most of the recently released ones just provide economic bonuses not necessarily huge firepower advantages. And if someone calls you a noob, ignore them. But for your own sake stay to tier 6 and below for a couple of hundred games. Not trying to limit you but it's a lot better for learning imo.

Sign in to follow this