You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Montrala

Refugee from this other server grinding F2P on NA

26 comments in this topic

[SIC]
Members
22 posts
575 battles

Hi All!

Some time ago I wanted to do something different than usual play in WoWS on EU server, but still in WoWS. So I decided to make brand new account and grind 1 line (with as little distractions as possible) from zero to tier X. I go inspired by @Sea_Lord_Mountbatten video on his grind to tier X in 22 battles, but I wanted to do something different. I decide to try it without using any money, completely F2P. Obviously this took significantly more battles than 22, but actually much less than I expected. At this moment I'm sitting on Daring a just ended qualification for Silver. I described my experience in video (pleas excuse my poor English and atrocious accent!) :

https://youtu.be/TrvH1eB7_BE

But I wanted to comment on observation that I had along my way. NA server is much more pleasant place to play than EU server. Why? First of all players are much more friendly toward each other and seem to be much more relaxes. Less "try hard". Also (probably because most use same language) there is more and better communication inside team. Both in Randoms and Ranked, as well (to my huge surprise) in Co-Op. I did not try operations here. I think this contributed for me to have some of best battles I ever had (including my personal base xp record of just over 3000xp or winning a battle with 1-on-1 with player who got over 2000xp on loosing side - insane performance!). Just today I had insanely close battle for last star in qualification, that just left me shaking. I will upload videos from this battles, as I kept replays and result screens.

Anyway, what was to be just a fun experiment, made me quite fond of playing on NA server. I will not switch from EU, too much fun stuff on account there, but you will surely see me playing here. I hope you do not mind! ;)

(BTW I was looking over forum rules and forum structure and I did not found other place to post that, I hope I did not do faux pas by posting my video here)

ETA: Playlist for grind highlights

Edited by Montrala
added playlist link to grind highlights.
  • Cool 19
  • Thanks 6

[INTEL]
Members
7,757 posts
36,938 battles

Well done.

I have a small secondary EU account where I only ground a few lines but decided early on not to go past T7 (except a couple T8 premiums so I can play Ops or Clan battles

Still do NA first as my main account.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
875 posts
6,575 battles

Welcome to NA mate! Thanks for the video, it was interesting to hear and see what you experienced! Thanks for sharing

• Cool 1

[F4E]
Members
314 posts
9,670 battles

Interesting video...and welcome to the NA server!

• Thanks 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,288 posts
11,884 battles
10 hours ago, Montrala said:

there is more and better communication inside team. Both in Randoms and Ranked, as well (to my huge surprise) in Co-Op

I will have to agree on this.  Having a larger player base that speaks the English language as their mother tongue contributes immensely in comparison to the EU server communications.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,851 posts
3,422 battles
10 hours ago, Montrala said:

Hi All!

Some time ago I wanted to do something different than usual play in WoWS on EU server, but still in WoWS. So I decided to make brand new account and grind 1 line (with as little distractions as possible) from zero to tier X. I go inspired by @Sea_Lord_Mountbatten video on his grind to tier X in 22 battles, but I wanted to do something different. I decide to try it without using any money, completely F2P. Obviously this took significantly more battles than 22, but actually much less than I expected. At this moment I'm sitting on Daring a just ended qualification for Silver. I described my experience in video (pleas excuse my poor English and atrocious accent!) :

But I wanted to comment on observation that I had along my way. NA server is much more pleasant place to play than EU server. Why? First of all players are much more friendly toward each other and seem to be much more relaxes. Less "try hard". Also (probably because most use same language) there is more and better communication inside team. Both in Randoms and Ranked, as well (to my huge surprise) in Co-Op. I did not try operations here. I think this contributed for me to have some of best battles I ever had (including my personal base xp record of just over 3000xp or winning a battle with 1-on-1 with player who got over 2000xp on loosing side - insane performance!). Just today I had insanely close battle for last star in qualification, that just left me shaking. I will upload videos from this battles, as I kept replays and result screens.

Anyway, what was to be just a fun experiment, made me quite fond of playing on NA server. I will not switch from EU, too much fun stuff on account there, but you will surely see me playing here. I hope you do not mind! ;)

(BTW I was looking over forum rules and forum structure and I did not found other place to post that, I hope I did not do faux pas by posting my video here)

Good job. Your experience closely mirrors mine.....

[SIC]
Members
22 posts
575 battles

Thank you all for very warm welcome. It reinforces my positive impression from NA server!

As I wrote earlier I will upload some battles from my grind. First of them is this Acasta battle in tier VII matchmaking. How to play bottom tier DD to not die in first 5 minutes and actually help team? Cautiously. Forget about grinding damage just be a stick in red team wheels ;)

Following battles, one of each in Lightning, Jutland and Daring will be more impressive. I'll post links there. I also already have number of my games up, but I will not put them there, as they are not reflecting my specific experience of grinding up tier X for free on NA server. But feel free to watch them on my channel. Some are hilarious ;)

• Thanks 1

Members
403 posts
878 battles
23 hours ago, Montrala said:

NA server is much more pleasant place to play than EU server. Why? First of all players are much more friendly toward each other and seem to be much more relaxes

Have to say I don't agree on that. I play on both and it's the about the same.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,546 posts

This is my second account over a minimum of 5 years. The first one got fat fingered into oblivion.

Im still grinding out stuff that has been ground for 5 years without completion. It will be a minimum of 5 to 10 years before it's all finished. The mother of all grinds.

[SIC]
Members
22 posts
575 battles
On 3/1/2021 at 11:15 AM, Vasili_One_Bonk_only said:

Have to say I don't agree on that. I play on both and it's the about the same.

I have different experience. I did not state that there is no toxicity on NA server. There is about same level as on EU one. But at same time there is also much more friendly exchanges in chat, much more praise for players trying their best to snatch victory from jaws of defeat. And level of communication and coordination in teams is much higher.

Actually yesterday I had T8 match in T6 DD where at start of match top tier cruiser player outlined what is his plan for start of game. Later in game our bottom tier CV player asked flank on the other side of map if any DD needs fighters or if we need spotting. In my few thousands games on EU server I rarely met such situations.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,582 posts
15,107 battles
On 2/28/2021 at 4:40 AM, Montrala said:

Hi All!

Aloha,

Welcome to NA, you posted in the right place, no worries! Good video!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Thanks 1

[V1-PI]
Members
435 posts
10,138 battles

great to have you here sir. welcome !

i hope to see you in game ( on my team please, i need the help ) lol 

[SIC]
Members
22 posts
575 battles
13 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Welcome to NA, you posted in the right place, no worries! Good video!

Thank you Sir! I'm just starting in this "making gaming videos" stuff. Before I just posted videos from my shooting competitions and that was it. But when I saw how much I could learn on playing WoWS from videos, I thought that maybe other players can learn from my mistakes ;)

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

This cookie bug is annoying... Anyway, Even-though I cant see the video posted... Wish you fun in the NA server OP...

BTW

We have salt too... We can rival the salt from the EU server, its here too.

Edited by Navalpride33

[SIC]
Members
22 posts
575 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

This cookie bug is annoying... Anyway, Even-though I cant see the video posted... Wish you fun in the NA server OP...

BTW

We have salt too... We can rival the salt from the EU server, its here too.

Salt is OK, as well as there is something else except salt. Even significant amount of salt can be neutralized by other "flavors".

Maybe link will work this way: https://youtu.be/TXM2gPRb5Mk

Edited by Montrala
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SIC]
Members
22 posts
575 battles

I uploaded T7 battle (my T6 battles were really bad, like 39% WR bad) from my grind. One nice point of battle is when our Akatsuki gets deleted by Saint-Luis and instead of accusing of cheating or blaming matchmaking writes "you're welcome". I really need to take some of this friendly attitude back to EU :)

Link for those who do not see embed.

[SIC]
Members
22 posts
575 battles

I'm sure that every second player here has battles with over 3000 base XP twice a day, but I had only one so far and it happened on NA server. Maybe this is why I like playing here so much? ;)

https://youtu.be/TrvH1eB7_BE

[SIC]
Members
22 posts
575 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Welcome. 

Could you also add a link to your original post, please. 

Added link to original video and to playlist. There will be 2 vids more: ranked games in Jutland and Daring.

[46856]
Members
1,924 posts
On 2/28/2021 at 2:40 AM, Montrala said:

NA server is much more pleasant place to play than EU server. Why? First of all players are much more friendly toward each other and seem to be much more relaxes. Less "try hard"

Funny-laugh-280x300.jpg

[SIC]
Members
22 posts
575 battles

Great battle I had with Jutland in Ranked. I did carry it somewhat, however there was even more hard work put into this battle by Lightning player on other team. Then we met in final cap :)

https://youtu.be/3PZrSvTb7JE

Next battle is obviously in Daring and will end this series.