Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

The New Italian Battleships Are Awesome! The AA Is Surprising Just Shot Down 72 Planes And Got Kraken in Random

10 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
281 posts

I found out today via my other post that the xp we accumulate on them can be used immediately to unlock the next ship in the line once it goes live. So I decided to start grinding tonight and threw on some flags and entered Randoms. Wow was this thing AWESOME!! It's such a sneaky devil with the 12.8 concealment and then the smoke lets you get ohhh so close to your target before firing on them! Then there was the AA which the CV would not let up on me but I just kept blapping planes out of the sky left and right. I was kind of surprised at how good the AA was to be honest. 
Ok so it doesn't hit the hardest but the SAP isn't bad at all on the smaller targets. I loved it, can't wait to play it some more this week. Not much time for a lot of games tonight but I really did love the ship. It's juts a fun and different way to play. 

ItalianKraken.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Members
14,007 posts

Just wait till you get in a situation with enemy dds. You're sap is terrible against them and you have no HE.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,217 battles

Just wait a little while and enough people will come on here to tell you how wrong you are and how much they suck . Don't listen to them just play your game and enjoy your ships . 

• Cool 4

[SNAFU]
Members
30 posts
1,681 battles

Nice job Man! 

I also like Italian battleships cause there good brawlers but yeah they downsides but yes like the game you had Its a blast to play them. 

Members
2,388 posts
52 battles
9 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I was kind of surprised at how good the AA was to be honest. 

Veneto has some of the worst AA of its peers. Enemy CV was likely just extremely incompetent.

• Cool 2

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,642 posts
54 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Veneto has some of the worst AA of its peers. Enemy CV was likely just extremely incompetent.

Careful, the truth hurts these people a bit much.  :^)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SOBA6]
Members
281 posts
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Simply not true, it was shredding planes left and right within a few seconds of them coming into range. I do have it set up with some extra AA skills so it wasn't shooting stock AA but still it was a beast. I've since played multiple games in her and gotten the AA badge twice more.

• Meh 2

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
14,013 battles
18 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Just wait till you get in a situation with enemy dds. You're sap is terrible against them and you have no HE.

Yep. Despite SAP nominally being meant to be effective against DDs, Italian BB SAP is apparently capped at 10% of max damage against DDs.

Then you get into the Italian BBs poor reload and accuracy and you're going to have to get lucky.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles
19 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

And Tier VI+ DDs can tank the 15mm HE Pen of the 90mm Secondaries.  It perfectly complements the 10% damage cap to these new ITA Battleships' AP & SAP shells.

Secondaries?  Garbage.

AP vs DDs?  Garbage.

SAP vs DDs?  Garbage.

Just LOL!

15 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Her AA is equivalent to Roma's AA with very minor differences.  And Roma has terrible AA.

Anyways, for any spectators out there, you can even compare V.Veneto's AA to North Carolina's AA and see for yourself.  VV's AA is just trash.

Range sucks

DPS sucks

Number of flak clouds suck

DPS sucks

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this