Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

Cant wait for deadeye to be removed.

60 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

240
[-N-]
Beta Testers
191 posts
5,193 battles

With deadeye removed and secondary's in the crapstate they are, BBs will go back to being useless hunks of metal that just hold down W and die to spamming fires / torps.

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
869 posts

then there will be less bb players for cvs to try and farm..kinda feel sorry for the dds and cls if that happens....

cvs will be out for blood

Edited by arch4random
no reason
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
Members
191 posts
71 battles
1 hour ago, reza577 said:

With deadeye removed and secondary's in the crapstate they are, BBs will go back to being useless hunks of metal that just hold down W and die to spamming fires / torps.

This is a really nice suggestion (sarcasm).

 

The Op has taken the time (sarcasm) to make an observation and has followed it up with a recommendation (more sarcasm). The facts supporting the POV and recommendation are 100% fictitious.

 

Got shot?  Must have been deadeye.

My fast food arrived cold, must have been deadeye

No one paid the power bill, must have been deadeye

Camping BB, must have been deadeye

 

How long have you been wearing this tin hat?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[JACK]
Members
101 posts
28,144 battles

dead eye is not the problem the nerf to secondary's is the problem . why should secondary BBs push with a big fat accuracy nerf making the push not worth the pain that comes with it . NO the solution to dead eye is in fact to leave it alone . do something useful like buff secondary's by 30 percent accuracy so they can clear a path for the other units to punch through.. after all that is what a secondary BB should be able to do . any ship in range of secondary BBs secondary armorment should feel the pain . in short some of you clowns complained about secondary BBs doing their job . now you cry like little... about dead eye. some BBs are mid long range ships and at those range they should clean your clocks. Other BBs are brawlers and at mid to close range they should bring the pain . you want BB to support you perhaps your kind should stop  supporting secondary BBs nerfs , and start supporting us in our cause buff Secondary BBs .  

 

Edited by Judith_Chase
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
Members
191 posts
71 battles
9 minutes ago, Judith_Chase said:

dead eye is not the problem the nerf to seconadries is the problem . why should secondary BBs push with a big fat accuracy nerf making the push not worth the pain that comes with it . NO the solution to dead eye is in fact to leave it alone . do something useful like buff secondary's by 30 percent accuracy so they can clear a path for the other units to punch through.. after all that is what a secondary BB should be able to do . any ship in range of secondary BBs secondary armorment should feel the pain . in short some of you clowns complained about seconadary BBs doing their job . now you cry like little... about dead eye. some BBs are mid long range at those range they should bust ..... some BBs are brawlers at mid to closev range thye should bring the pain . you want BB to support you perhaps your kind should stop start supporting us in our cause buff Secondary BBs . 

 

There is no nurf to 2ndries.  the 2ndries are exactly the same as they were before the Skill re-work.  Can I assume you're referring to the Captain skill which is now 35% less dispersion.   Guess what?  This is STILL A BUFF to secondaries.  IMHO the skill is better now as there is no major disparity between tier 7 and tier 8 which the last skill had.

 

So put your helmet on and stop making lame excuses as to why ships need to camp.

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,489
[WKY04]
Members
3,879 posts
24,854 battles

All working together to ease BB overpopulation and tone down an overperforming secondary battleship. 

The larger consideration is whether the revision of Deadeye will be viewed as a "major" change worthy of a free captain skills reset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
3 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

All working together to ease BB overpopulation and tone down an overperforming secondary battleship. 

The larger consideration is whether the revision of Deadeye will be viewed as a "major" change worthy of a free captain skills reset. 

if the planned change is as they stated, it will have to be...  at least for everyone that has DE selected now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
4 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

All working together to ease BB overpopulation and tone down an overperforming secondary battleship. 

The larger consideration is whether the revision of Deadeye will be viewed as a "major" change worthy of a free captain skills reset. 

If only that was actually true. But reality was that secondaries were always considered a meme, not meta. The real meta was automatic damage by fires.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
6 hours ago, Pebcac said:

There is no nurf to 2ndries.  the 2ndries are exactly the same as they were before the Skill re-work.  Can I assume you're referring to the Captain skill which is now 35% less dispersion.   Guess what?  This is STILL A BUFF to secondaries.  IMHO the skill is better now as there is no major disparity between tier 7 and tier 8 which the last skill had.

 

So put your helmet on and stop making lame excuses as to why ships need to camp.

Trolls gonna troll

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
376
[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

not gonna happen WG could care less about what the players think. They haven't said a peep about the commander skills change at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
2 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

not gonna happen WG could care less about what the players think. They haven't said a peep about the commander skills change at all. 

you haven't been paying attention obviously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
376
[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

oh, was there an official announcement?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
1 minute ago, syp_twiz said:

oh, was there an official announcement?

likely not official enough for you or you wouldn't have asked

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,634
[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,079 battles
7 hours ago, Judith_Chase said:

dead eye is not the problem the nerf to secondary's is the problem . why should secondary BBs push with a big fat accuracy nerf making the push not worth the pain that comes with it . NO the solution to dead eye is in fact to leave it alone . do something useful like buff secondary's by 30 percent accuracy so they can clear a path for the other units to punch through.. after all that is what a secondary BB should be able to do . any ship in range of secondary BBs secondary armorment should feel the pain . in short some of you clowns complained about secondary BBs doing their job . now you cry like little... about dead eye. some BBs are mid long range ships and at those range they should clean your clocks. Other BBs are brawlers and at mid to close range they should bring the pain . you want BB to support you perhaps your kind should stop  supporting secondary BBs nerfs , and start supporting us in our cause buff Secondary BBs .  

 

You know there is a a skill which gives a reload buff to bbs when ships are in secondary range. Instead of depending on those secondaries to fight for you build secondary range and then wreck the ships with guns that you actually have to aim.  

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,373
[WOLFG]
Members
32,259 posts
9,988 battles
4 hours ago, SKurj said:

if the planned change is as they stated, it will have to be...  at least for everyone that has DE selected now.

What did they state the changes would be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
18 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

What did they state the changes would be?

"One of the common requests [for a change] from the community is Dead Eye. Dead Eye will be changed, from scratch. Most likely there will be a new skill, probably. In the next three to four weeks we'll have more details, and this time frame is conservative. There is a lot of data we have, and we don't want to do this in a haste. We'll do a separate article in the dev blog in which we'll cover a lot of nuances about new skills, where we'll say how it went, how it changed [game/meta], what we'll change, what will be the direction we'll take. Think by 0.10.2 we'll share more details. So, in two three weeks at the most we'll make the information available"

 

ALso NOTE based on that translation..  it MIGHT be stating more skills are going to be adjusted...

Edited by SKurj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,025 posts
11,967 battles

It may be too early yet for WG to get a full spreadsheet analysis of the commander skill rework.  From reading the forums they could take back a lot of suggestions like changing Deadeye, and replacing worthless skills like Outnumbered, but that is not historically the way they do things.  WG wants to find out what is overly popular, since they consider such things to be OP by definition, and begin nerfing from there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,373
[WOLFG]
Members
32,259 posts
9,988 battles
59 minutes ago, SKurj said:

"One of the common requests [for a change] from the community is Dead Eye. Dead Eye will be changed, from scratch. Most likely there will be a new skill, probably. In the next three to four weeks we'll have more details, and this time frame is conservative. There is a lot of data we have, and we don't want to do this in a haste. We'll do a separate article in the dev blog in which we'll cover a lot of nuances about new skills, where we'll say how it went, how it changed [game/meta], what we'll change, what will be the direction we'll take. Think by 0.10.2 we'll share more details. So, in two three weeks at the most we'll make the information available"

 

ALso NOTE based on that translation..  it MIGHT be stating more skills are going to be adjusted...

Gotcha. So until we know what the changes are, we don't know if a reset is necessary.

And I certainly hope more skills will be adjusted.

I wonder if some of the data they're collecting concerns how many people use a skill, and the level of adjustment (or replacement) will depend on how many or few people use the skill.

I hope so anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
[-N-]
Beta Testers
191 posts
5,193 battles
10 hours ago, Pebcac said:

There is no nurf to 2ndries.  the 2ndries are exactly the same as they were before the Skill re-work.  Can I assume you're referring to the Captain skill which is now 35% less dispersion.   Guess what?  This is STILL A BUFF to secondaries.  IMHO the skill is better now as there is no major disparity between tier 7 and tier 8 which the last skill had.

 

So put your helmet on and stop making lame excuses as to why ships need to camp.

You know your dumb when you have to type " (sarcasm) " in your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Gotcha. So until we know what the changes are, we don't know if a reset is necessary.

And I certainly hope more skills will be adjusted.

I wonder if some of the data they're collecting concerns how many people use a skill, and the level of adjustment (or replacement) will depend on how many or few people use the skill.

I hope so anyway.

 

based on what they state above, would you be willing to accept the other option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,373
[WOLFG]
Members
32,259 posts
9,988 battles
4 minutes ago, SKurj said:

 

based on what they state above, would you be willing to accept the other option?

What's the other option?

I'm a little slow today lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[CAAT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,624 battles
11 hours ago, Judith_Chase said:

dead eye is not the problem the nerf to secondary's is the problem . why should secondary BBs push with a big fat accuracy nerf making the push not worth the pain that comes with it . NO the solution to dead eye is in fact to leave it alone . do something useful like buff secondary's by 30 percent accuracy so they can clear a path for the other units to punch through.. after all that is what a secondary BB should be able to do . any ship in range of secondary BBs secondary armorment should feel the pain . in short some of you clowns complained about secondary BBs doing their job . now you cry like little... about dead eye. some BBs are mid long range ships and at those range they should clean your clocks. Other BBs are brawlers and at mid to close range they should bring the pain . you want BB to support you perhaps your kind should stop  supporting secondary BBs nerfs , and start supporting us in our cause buff Secondary BBs .  

 

It's actually two-fold, but the MAIN problem is indeed secondaries accuracy, or lack thereof. Because of Dead Eye promoting back of map sniping/long-range plays, everyone is going further back to maintain the bonus. This makes it VERY difficult to engage targets with your secondaries. And even IF you do actually get to engage, guess what? Your secondaries aren't hitting anything even with a FULL secondaries build thanks to trashed accuracy! For reference, the  -25% buff drop from Manual Secondaries to ISBA (-60% to -35%) actually correlates to 38.5% MORE max dispersion, and that's for Massachusetts!! Imagine BBs WITHOUT improved dispersion. It's even WORSE for them, because they're dealing with 300m+ max dispersions, with a full secondaries build. If anything needs fixing right now, it's ISBA. But fixing the condition for Dead Eye as it is WOULD probably help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
588
[GOOF]
Members
815 posts
6,784 battles

It would be nice to have a fun cruiser match in this meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
[-N-]
Beta Testers
191 posts
5,193 battles
Just now, grorg said:

It would be nice to have a fun cruiser match in this meta.

ya like the good old 'fun' days where smolensk would hide behind an island and spam HE at you.

 

so fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[CAAT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,624 battles
11 hours ago, Pebcac said:

There is no nurf to 2ndries.  the 2ndries are exactly the same as they were before the Skill re-work.  Can I assume you're referring to the Captain skill which is now 35% less dispersion.   Guess what?  This is STILL A BUFF to secondaries.  IMHO the skill is better now as there is no major disparity between tier 7 and tier 8 which the last skill had.

 

So put your helmet on and stop making lame excuses as to why ships need to camp.

LOL

As I just said prior, the -60% to -35% drop actually correlates to a 38.5% dispersion gain. Also, here, enjoy these hitrate tests. The secondaries accuracy is *chef's kiss* SO so good /s

(Hit Rate Testing with T7 California vs T9 Yugumo)

All Secondaries Skills No IFHE: 10.2%, 14.4%, 10.6%, 11.4%, 11.3%, 11.5%, 9.6%, 12.5%, 15.2%, 8.3%
Average = approx. 11.5%
Hitrate Percentage Range = 10.7% ->14.8%

IMPROVED DISPERSION TEST (T5 Oklahoma vs T9 Yugumo)
All Secondaries Skills No IFHE: 21.7%, 14.7%, 13.5%, 14.7%, 18.2%, 22.9%, 10.8%, 22.4%, 21.5%, 23.9%
Average = approx. 18.4%
Hitrate Percentage Range = 14.4% ->22.5%

(for reference, the higher values indicate DD engine loss. No engine = immobile DD = more hits)

Secondaries accuracy is TRASHED compared to before. Oh what, you want dispersion values? Ok.

Max dispersion at 11.3km for Massachusetts with ISBA: 200m

Max dispersion at 11.3km for Massachusetts with Manual Secondaries: 123m

dispersion difference = 77m (that's almost a ship's length btw lol)

Dispersion gain = 77/200 = 38.5%

Try again.

(Actually, you want some honest advice? Next time you shoot your mouth off about secondaries accuracy as if you know anything, try having MORE than 58 battles in Randoms please!! I mean, I don't usually care about that kinda stuff, but COME ON, you're just trolling at this point...)

EDIT: YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A SECONDARIES BATTLESHIP PLAYED, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!? I'm dying, this is hilarious, well played, well played. Darn, I fell for the troll, for double sure.

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×