You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Not the meta I was looking for

12 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

4zr6vt.jpg

This definitely is not the meta I was looking for with the captain rework and the secondaries. The game is going in a direction that I can not support anymore. So I guess I will take a break for now rather than get more frustrated. Maybe when they go in a direction that I can enjoy playing will I fire the game up again. But this [edited] hanging back is just a joke and its not fun. I don't care what your spread sheet says you can use it for wipe in the washroom. Its not fun to play anymore and I think you may have broken it too far to return to a fun factor.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Cool 5
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CAAT]
Members
953 posts
4,557 battles
35 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

4zr6vt.jpg

This definitely is not the meta I was looking for with the captain rework and the secondaries. The game is going in a direction that I can not support anymore. So I guess I will take a break for now rather than get more frustrated. Maybe when they go in a direction that I can enjoy playing will I fire the game up again. But this [edited] hanging back is just a joke and its not fun. I don't care what your spread sheet says you can use it for wipe in the washroom. Its not fun to play anymore and I think you may have broken it too far to return to a fun factor.

Well you might wanna check back in 3-4 weeks, apparently according to Flamu there are talks that Dead eye will be changed, so....that MIGHT lead to less back of map sniping, due to the lack of that condition pushing everyone back on Dead Eye.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,777 posts
1 minute ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Well you might wanna check back in 3-4 weeks, apparently according to Flamu there are talks that Dead eye will be changed, so....that MIGHT lead to less back of map sniping, due to the lack of that condition pushing everyone back on Dead Eye.

10.2 is when they might have something to discuss as i understood it... so nothing will change before 10.3 or 4 at the absolute earliest i would expect...

[CAAT]
Members
953 posts
4,557 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

10.2 is when they might have something to discuss as i understood it... so nothing will change before 10.3 or 4 at the absolute earliest i would expect...

Yeah, that sounds about right...Although that IS a long time to make changes to Rework skills...but there's at least hope for some more necessary changes.

• Cool 1

[K-POP]
Members
3,027 posts
24,336 battles
1 hour ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Border humpers, bow campers and Island ( cruisers ) spammers have been long here before Deadeye and they were around before I even started and that was over 5 years ago.

For a while there it started to diminish but early 2020 a new strain started to appear, Island spamming BB's which exploded when the great server migration started and players from a certain server came to NA.

When deadeye  came we had another variant ( backline brawlers ) , players that just sat back on the back row.

Deadeye being removed replaced or nerfed will not change the overall situation, to many variants of this problem. 

1 hour ago, Chain_shot said:

4zr6vt.jpg

The idea of hiding behind a Island per see has its good points if your ship is badly  damaged and needs to repair in particular BB's that need to heal its easy to duck behind the nearest island for  some respite rather than try and sail out of sight.

The problem is in most games when it starts you have more or less half your fleet sailing to nearest island and staying there expecting someone to cap or sink half the enemy fleet so once the odds are in your favor the island spammers then finally move, that does not always work.

Two things generally happen the brave soul that tried to cap gets killed so next ship goes out gets killed and so on in till the odds again favor the enemy.

Or simply the enemy pushes en masse and catches the island spammers with there pants down as they try to make run for back line where the back line brawler has been siting there waiting for the now dead brave soul to spot for him, resulting in a curbstomping.

The most hilarious thing about the new meta is watching 3 BB;s and a cruiser crowding together all trying to sit behind a SPOT sized Island and fire at there opposite counterparts at the other end of the map hoping to get a knockout blow, meanwhile  a DD creeps up and unleashes a mass of torpedoes crippling them and then as they try scurry away get focused to death.

I said it so many times till I am blue in the face  " Ocean " needs to be more used, at least even if your out in the open your moving at some speed, you sit behind a Island and a CV finds you or a DD your history.        

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[CAAT]
Members
953 posts
4,557 battles
43 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Deadeye being removed replaced or nerfed will not change the overall situation, to many variants of this problem. 

Well, that is probably true, but the fact that Dead Eye might actually get changed AT ALL just gives me hope that Wargaming might finally buff ISBA and Grease the Gears. At least they seem to be moving on getting these skills fixed. HOPEFULLY.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,440 posts
22,640 battles
3 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

4zr6vt.jpg

10.2 will have an announcement on blog about changes to dead eye

Members
826 posts
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

I said it so many times till I am blue in the face  " Ocean " needs to be more used, at least even if your out in the open your moving at some speed, you sit behind a Island and a CV finds you or a DD your history.  

works for me

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,236 posts
12,092 battles
4 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

4zr6vt.jpg

See you tomorrow .

• Meh 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,378 posts
10,471 battles

Frustrating meta for most everyone (I speak from high tiers)

DDs are expected to charge in and best their counterparts and radar CR and 2 BBs bearing down on them while also grabbing the cap.

CRs are expected to set fires every other salvo and beat up DDs.

BBs get to leisurely snipe while DD and CR do the tanking.

CVs deal with plane losses to grouped ships and usual difficulty of good damage vs. targets that know how to be harder to whack.

The only change needed to block campfest meta is have MB accuracy drop enormously if shoot at targets more than 17km away. But WG likes to try sweeping changes rather than a small QOL adjustment, so there's that.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,777 posts
8 hours ago, tm63au said:

Border humpers, bow campers and Island ( cruisers ) spammers have been long here before Deadeye and they were around before I even started and that was over 5 years ago.

For a while there it started to diminish but early 2020 a new strain started to appear, Island spamming BB's which exploded when the great server migration started and players from a certain server came to NA.

When deadeye  came we had another variant ( backline brawlers ) , players that just sat back on the back row.

The idea of hiding behind a Island per see has its good points if your ship is badly  damaged and needs to repair in particular BB's that need to heal its easy to duck behind the nearest island for  some respite rather than try and sail out of sight.

The problem is in most games when it starts you have more or less half your fleet sailing to nearest island and staying there expecting someone to cap or sink half the enemy fleet so once the odds are in your favor the island spammers then finally move, that does not always work.

Two things generally happen the brave soul that tried to cap gets killed so next ship goes out gets killed and so on in till the odds again favor the enemy.

Or simply the enemy pushes en masse and catches the island spammers with there pants down as they try to make run for back line where the back line brawler has been siting there waiting for the now dead brave soul to spot for him, resulting in a curbstomping.

The most hilarious thing about the new meta is watching 3 BB;s and a cruiser crowding together all trying to sit behind a SPOT sized Island and fire at there opposite counterparts at the other end of the map hoping to get a knockout blow, meanwhile  a DD creeps up and unleashes a mass of torpedoes crippling them and then as they try scurry away get focused to death.

I love the subject matter of WoWs 

but not the random meta..  at higher tiers.. i recall watching a KOTS.. and yup lots of  peekaboo, peekaboo, peekaboo, dash to the next island and repeat...

T5-7 there is much less of it, but is that just the players who don't like the high tier meta... or players that haven't developed it yet...  I dunno..

+1000 for more ocean

It's a difficult problem to solve...  the accuracy the guns in game have means you are guaranteed a hit every time if you can shoot.. which wasn't the reality, nerf that accuracy and wows will be finished... so they have to provide some form of cover.. probably why the spotting mechanics are so whacked.. (vs reality) the initial idea was probably around spotting and not islands but that's a guess..

Perhaps remove the possibility of hitting a ship you do not have within LOS and within your spotting range..   get rid of 100% accurate radar gun sighting from the game... make it 25% or get rid of it altogether..    There is no indirect fire in Wows today...

Ships outside your spotting range (or behind cover) should not be rendered (except on minimap)... and aiming via minimap should be less accurate...

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,969 posts
9,887 battles
13 hours ago, Reymu said:

Only change needed to block campfest meta is have MB accuracy drop enormously if shoot at targets more than 17km away. But WG likes to try sweeping changes rather than a small QOL adjustment, so there's that.

But then what would be the point of having longer range?

You'd basically eliminate gun range as a balancing characteristic, and effectively nerf any higher-tier BBs who aren't Italian, German, or Russian, unless you make those ships wildly inaccurate at over 12km. Then CAs would be the ones camping, with the ability to not be caught by slower BBS to boot.

If you mean to do it to ALL ships, then you won't remove the campfest, just have it occuring at shorter ranges.