You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Alot of new slow US BB out there. Are they awesome?

14 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,811 posts

I have GA, OH, and will have the Italian BB.  The new US BB seem something different.

The new US BB you fore maybe 12-15 a game but for huge number.

If you have them are you happy with them?

NM has been a blast (even for a non BB player)  is CO as good or just XP by it?

[WOLFG]
Members
32,397 posts
10,021 battles

Colorado is as good as NM, (the guns with the upgraded hull are quite good) butyou start getting on bigger maps, and there's more overmatch potential against you.

In a T9 match, you really have to pick a lane and stick to it, you can't go from one side of the map to the other.

I also have California, and with a bit longer range than Colo, it's a little friendlier.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
4,015 posts
14,536 battles

I dont mind them. They hit hard.

You have to really understand positioning and the flow of battle. Some maps you can not go wide or you'll take yourself outta the battle for 3-4 minutes. You can not overextend or they just turn into pinatas. Needing to recognize situations minutes prior is necessary. You have to see a flank is failing 2-3 minutes in advance and start repositioning then. 

They are not for everyone for sure. Speed is key attribute I look at in many games (classes, units, heroes) etc etc. So they are sort of the opposite of what I enjoy. But still I actually like playing my Vermont. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles

I think they're fantastic.

They're slow, practically immobile, so you don't lead them much and easy to hit.

They're easy to Pen.

They all have fantastically big superstructures, really convenient to catch shells:  HE Spam or even from BB AP shells to the Superstructure.

Some of them even have convenient little shot traps at the hull for your AP to wiggle their way into!

When they miss, you got an eternity to beat the ever-living-s**t out of them.

When their flank collapses, they're not going anywhere.  Their teammates are gonna "Otis" them:

Sorry fatty BBs.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
4,015 posts
14,536 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

How do you angle with a round hull?

Never bought into the whole static gameplay in randoms. I know it's a better strategy in CBs. But in randoms it always seemed to me to be a bad idea.

[CAAT]
Members
1,055 posts
4,626 battles
19 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

How do you angle with a round hull?

6.26.16-Bad-Pun-Husky27.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

No bulli thicc BBs!!!

[INTEL]
Members
7,760 posts
36,966 battles

They do hit hard. They a re slooow. Even though I have Colorado, WV41, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Minnesota, I do not play them other than coop. No fun being a piñata. I hear T10 is better (still slow). Will eventually get there at coop speeds.

Note I sold NY and NM years ago for that very reason.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,606 posts
11,119 battles

I finished my KS grind during early access (before she got her sigma buffs) and I found her perfectly workable. If you can wrap your head around the slow speed and are constantly mindful of your positioning, as well as not afraid to hold your shots to get the most out of each salvo, the new ships perform just fine.

For a lot of people the low speed and reload are deal-breakers, though.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,932 posts
18,944 battles

They were my first line and I must admit that I haven't played them much after I acquired them, it's not that they are not good ships, it's more that if you want to own every ship, you really can't play ships after you have ground the XP for the next ship. You get a chance to play them for Flake events but yo hey La La. In my early use of US BBs I found that they are so slow, that if you don't head straight into battle, that you never get into the battle. Some times you got caught by too many  adversaries and got deleted, because you can't run. I was a noob for the first couple years that I played and I played a lot back then. I think that if I replayed the line now, that I might do much better with it. I, over the years have come to the conclusion that some Captains can adapt to the playstyle (Nation) of any line and some concentrate on the style (Nation) they prefer.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,225 posts
13,265 battles

Big slow US battleships are okay to sail while enjoying a meal at a relaxed pace, especially in Co-op games.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles
4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Big slow US battleships are okay to sail while enjoying a meal at a relaxed pace, especially in Co-op games.

The newer USN BBs have the added bonus:  After you eat that wonderful meal, you can go and get some desert and leisurely eat it while your guns reload.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,341 posts
17,598 battles

the t10 is good the t9 is meh and then there's the t8 that everyone has ptsd from using.

• Funny 1