You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ubergandalf

New captain skills - WoW chose them for me ?

9 comments in this topic

[TOM]
Members
2 posts
6,318 battles

For family/Covid reasons I've not logged into the game for a few months. I understand there are new Captain skills. For some reason, all my ships/captains have new skill selections that I did not make. And I have to pay a high doublon price for each captain to reset it ? with 50+ ships, that's a small fortune !

Any alternative method ?

[-THG-]
Members
2,650 posts
8,041 battles

Best way would be to send a request to Wargaming I guess. 

but keep in mind that with the new system you can in theory cut the number of captain needed.

• Cool 1

[KREW]
Members
507 posts
25,548 battles
5 minutes ago, ubergandalf said:

For family/Covid reasons I've not logged into the game for a few months. I understand there are new Captain skills. For some reason, all my ships/captains have new skill selections that I did not make. And I have to pay a high doublon price for each captain to reset it ? with 50+ ships, that's a small fortune !

Any alternative method ?

You can try submitting a ticket, though I doubt it will do any good based on previous threads. But at least there will be a record of the number of returning players displeased with this obvious poor choice by WG.

Until then, suffer through the choices made by someone at WG until they offer another round of free respec's. Perhaps @Hapa_Fodder or @Mademoisail could shed some light on when players might expect something like that in the future.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
6,107 posts
17,255 battles

During the last patch, resets were free and there was also a “reset all” link on the website that you could opt in to. At the beginning of said patch, each captain was automatically assigned skills that WG “recommends” for the ship they were placed on. Unfortunately, most of these recommended builds are cookie-cutter at best or downright terrible at worst.

Unfortunately, at least for the time being, the only way to reset your captains is to spend doubloons, ECXP, or FXP. This is not the first thread about this that has popped up and the general consensus is that WG either failed to foresee your situation (unlikely) or simply doesn’t care.

However, WG had stated that if further “significant” balance changes are made (whatever that means) they will allow free resets in the future. It was recently announced on a RU stream that at least one skill (Dead Eye) is being reworked and likely completely scrapped, so we MAY get another free reset at that time depending on the scope of the changes.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

Members
3,374 posts
3,065 battles
35 minutes ago, ubergandalf said:

Any alternative method ?

There should be an option to use Commander XP, look closer.

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,130 battles
1 hour ago, ubergandalf said:

Any alternative method ?

In 3-4 weeks (tentative...maybe more) there will be a dev blog about some potential skill changes (Deadeye has specifically been mentioned but other "skills" (none specified though) will also be mentioned in the upcoming dev blog.

What ability to respec is uncertain of course at this time but when free respecs were given before they said if any major changes were done free respecs may occur again...& they're talking about not just changing but completely removing the Deadeye skill so that seems like a major change...fingers crossed for ya.

Members
968 posts
221 battles
3 hours ago, ubergandalf said:

Any alternative method ?

The alternative was to log in during the event and hit the captain skill all 'reset' button.  Looks like you missed the opportunity to do this.

• Cool 1

[-ICE-]
Members
685 posts

wow selecting anyones skill was a fumble they should have just zeroed all points done...     Id like to see a free respec as mentioned... lot has changed because of this crazy overhaul..     i need to change some stuff the game totally chnaged i play a lot less cant stand planes and thats all the game is one OP carrier after another plane after plane there is no stratagy in the game carriers are ruining your game.  so i guess ill use the respec to add everything and anything to repel planes but cant do nothing about the constant detection and damge from the purple guys getting their rocks off in a OP carriers.  They are not in the game safe as far as being able to damge them so they are the last ones left nearly every game, nobody caan do anything as they drive to the other side of the map not to be touched and spots all ships cause huge damage shoot them down and just get more planes and its a constant cancer.  a free respect for a while would be good  

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
14,551 battles

There is no other method. Support won't help you. WG staff here is useless for that as well. According to some people here, you had the obligation to leave all your important personal stuff behind, check the website or forums and reset your captains during the availability period. 

Your best bet is to continue your hiatus until WG decides they won't mess with the skills anymore and hopefully offer another free respec. But it is a bet, not certainty.