You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DemonW0lf

Did you purchase any of the Italian battleship random bundles yet?

19 comments in this topic

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
322 posts
4,353 battles

I decided as I just came out of two weeks of self isolation the other day and with all my bills payed to just go ahead and buy  17,500 Doubloons for $87.32 CAD and just spend about $68.04 worth of the doubloons or about 8 bundles to get this:

1030620694_2.thumb.jpg.49ba9441c11cbafc878d67b62bb9fbd6.jpg

free.thumb.jpg.78cb55cf5209368c39cd33da21d7590d.jpg

Not bad I suppose now do I want to try and get the 10k tokens...not really so for only a 16% chance I did pretty good I think..

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,801 posts
12,586 battles

Sometimes you get lucky! Remember, though, it's still gambling. This is a shortcut to Lepanto. You can still get it for when the line releases with Free XP, or by playing the line normally.

Edited by Compassghost
  • Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
2,204 posts
13,208 battles

Nope. I got the Tier 4 for free from having my Twitch acct setup. But I have been buying flags with the Italian tokens. I see no need to spend money or rush for stuff that'll show up soon enough anyway. :)

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,206 battles

No . I got the tier 4 and the tier 5 just by playing my normal routine no grinding and I'm spending no money . I will wait and get the rest for free since nothing really jumps out at me and says buy me early I'm awesome .

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,108 posts
11,776 battles

Congrats op. I was willing to buy one and see what popped up but it wasn’t a ship or a bunch of tokens so I stopped. Been having fun in the t6 so I will probably grind this line some once it leaves early access

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,282 posts

Play and spend as you please .Remember they will eventually drop for free on the regular line and if you have enough fxp you can unlock all the ships with that just by playing .

It all depends on the "need and want" to have ships before they are released.

GL & HF :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Versili

[-N-]
Beta Testers
191 posts
5,193 battles

i haven't spent money on this game since the PR disaster lol.

i let other gimbling addicts pay money.

• Thanks 2

[O_O]
Members
6,966 posts
16,964 battles

I won't spend real money to get tech tree ships.  Call me crazy, but I just can't see the reasoning behind it.

For my playing time during this event, for NO money, I have earned the Tier 4, Tier 5, and Tier 6 battleships.  The event isn't even over, yet.

If you are paying real $$ for this stuff, please do yourself a favor and take a close look at what your money will get you during these 'early release' events.  They are actually quite good if you are Free to Play...but I don't see the benefit of spending actual dollars during them.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,587 posts
18,513 battles

Up to the T6 and haven't spent a nickel yet. I see no sense in spending money on free stuff but to each their own. 

Those Memes About How Bad We Are With Money Are Actually True, Study Says

[ARGSY]
Members
23,329 posts
17,304 battles
41 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I don't see the benefit of spending actual dollars during them.

I generally don't either, but I might have been prepared to make an exception for the Lepanto if (and only if) she had been first up. A fully researched T9 is a lot of work and a lot of credits.

In my case she wasn't first up; and that being so, I did not consider her worth fishing for. That's going too far for me.

According to my calculations, thanks to last weekend's token mission I will have just enough tokens to grab the T7 and T8 camos without having to finish Directive 4's BXP task. That will be enough for me.

[WPORT]
Members
8,096 posts
13,161 battles
2 hours ago, DemonW0lf said:

Did you purchase any of the Italian battleship random bundles yet?

By DemonW0lf,

No.  Not yet.
Have welcomed the Dante Alighieri to my port by completing Italian event tasks/missions.

[HELLS]
Members
2,796 posts
30,456 battles

Got Dante Alighieri through the Amazon Prime account promotion and Conte de Cavour with tokens earned in the game. Need another 200 tokens to get Andrea Doria, so that should be fairly quick. My wallet remains closed but I will accept all the free stuff i can get...

[O_O]
Members
6,966 posts
16,964 battles
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I generally don't either, but I might have been prepared to make an exception for the Lepanto if (and only if) she had been first up. A fully researched T9 is a lot of work and a lot of credits.

Sure, if that was my first bundle for doubloons, I would most probably have gone for it.  As you said, the credit value alone may be worth the expense, and the time savings almost certainly is to most people.

But, the vast majority of us didn't get that fortunate, and I (for one) am not willing to jump down that expensive rabbit hole to find out when that "free" Tier 9 will become available for another chunk of cash.

Members
676 posts
220 battles
3 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Sometimes you get lucky! Remember, though, it's still gambling. This is a shortcut to Lepanto. You can still get it for when the line releases with Free XP, or by playing the line normally.

I may be splitting hairs with my response.  But buying a loot box that we (or you) already know the contents of is not a Gamble. 

[META_]
Members
219 posts
3,168 battles
Just now, Laser_Beam said:

I may be splitting hairs with my response.  But buying a loot box that we (or you) already know the contents of is not a Gamble. 

The gamble in this case is what the contents of the next lootbox will be.  Those lucky few who had the Lepanto as box #1 weren't gambling, but I would posit that the vast majority of people who have had flags or camos and 600 tokens as the visible box didn't actually want those things when they purchased it.

Edited by Fel0niusMonk

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,487 posts
22,867 battles

6 and no ship or good tokens.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,502 posts
2,164 battles

Why would you do that After playing tier 4 and 5 for free I can tell you these new Italian BBs are meh :Smile_sceptic: Realoding sucks and that aiming and dispersion :fish_palm:

[ARGSY]
Members
23,329 posts
17,304 battles
11 hours ago, Laser_Beam said:

But buying a loot box that we (or you) already know the contents of is not a Gamble. 

It isn't when you want the contents. But when the one you want is not the first and there are fifty of them, how many are you required to buy to get the one you want? THAT is the gamble.

The only good part is that there is a cap on that spending to save the imprudent from themselves to some degree. I still remember someone in the French BB event in 2018 who complained that he bought $500 worth of premium crates and did not get the Richelieu unlock he wanted. (A stupid thing to do, as for that money he could have converted more than enough XP to get to Tier 10.)

[NBNG]
[NBNG]
Members
411 posts
12,663 battles
17 hours ago, DemonW0lf said:

I decided as I just came out of two weeks of self isolation the other day and with all my bills payed to just go ahead and buy  17,500 Doubloons for $87.32 CAD and just spend about $68.04 worth of the doubloons or about 8 bundles to get this:

1030620694_2.thumb.jpg.49ba9441c11cbafc878d67b62bb9fbd6.jpg

free.thumb.jpg.78cb55cf5209368c39cd33da21d7590d.jpg

Not bad I suppose now do I want to try and get the 10k tokens...not really so for only a 16% chance I did pretty good I think..

Got the T9 after about 5 chances. Lucky for once. Bonus was the tokens I also got.