You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OuijaApologist

***Dead eye to be completely reworked. Details arriving in three to four weeks***

228 comments in this topic

Members
576 posts

Announced during RU stream. 

Translation provided by @vak_:

"One of the common requests [for a change] from the community is Dead Eye. Dead Eye will be changed, from scratch. Most likely there will be a new skill, probably. In the next three to four weeks we'll have more details, and this time frame is conservative. There is a lot of data we have, and we don't want to do this in a haste. We'll do a separate article in the dev blog in which we'll cover a lot of nuances about new skills, where we'll say how it went, how it changed [game/meta], what we'll change, what will be the direction we'll take. Think by 0.10.2 we'll share more details. So, in two three weeks at the most we'll make the information available"

Remarks from Flamu on Twitter:

20210227_081705.thumb.jpg.322c6eb639416eff0ef02098760666f7.jpg

https://twitter.com/flamuchz

Edited by OuijaApologist
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 8

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,555 posts

I don't use Deadeye, we learned the first week how crapit is already.

Rework away, it does not matter.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 3

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles

Is this Flamu hypothesizing or is this a fact?

If it's a fact, link to official sources in English please.

If it's not, stop presenting it as if it were. Because that's what you're doing, and don't try to lie about it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 22

Members
576 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Do you have the only google translate that lies to you?

• Funny 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Boring 1

Members
4,117 posts
44,174 battles

If a fact, then not surprised. But I never used it so I am not worried about it. I saw that coming since I can see the ISS without binoculars myself. Oh, that astronaut is waving at me again. Nice.:cap_cool:

• Haha 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

and i bet it will come with a global skill reset... free...  though probably one time only again...

• Haha 1

Members
878 posts

with or without dead eye skill your still going to get sniped by bbs ..your still going to burn and roll by bbs ..and those  extra 4 points well

your not going to be able to stop a bb ....

warmest regards from:

the ayatollah of burn and roll ya 

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[-KAK-]
Members
614 posts
12,724 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is this Flamu hypothesizing or is this a fact?

If it's not, stop presenting it as if it were. Because that's what you're doing, and don't try to lie about it.

Read the original post.

It was said during the Russian stream. In Russian. Hence, there is no "Official English Source" yet. Things can be a fact, and not be in English, especially when you're dealing with a non-English company.

I don't know why you're convinced the OP is making lies, but that's your issue.

• Cool 14
  • Thanks 6
  • Boring 1

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
30 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

Remarks from Flamu on Twitter:

20210227_081705.thumb.jpg.322c6eb639416eff0ef02098760666f7.jpg

https://twitter.com/flamuchz

I love how flamu is patting himself on the back for being right when nothing has happened yet.

Edited by Rouxi
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[O7]
Supertester
393 posts
13,178 battles

At high tiers, deadeye combined with multiple Thunderers/Conqs/Yamato per game made it very difficult for any BB to push. This made the already passive T10 meta became even more passive as BBs don't want to push into HE spamming Thunderers and cruisers don't want to get dev struck by deadeye AP salvoes. 

With the removal of deadeye, hopefully we will see a shift in BB meta back towards more aggressive BB gameplay at high tiers. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
10 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

"Players utilized this skill in ways we did not anticipate..." :cap_haloween:

Maybe they didn't, but many of US did.

From my review of the skills during PTS:

"Dead Eye --  Also likely to have a negative effect on the gameplay by increasing the temptation to play at the max possible range that's already strong with some players." 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 4

[KWF]
Members
5,810 posts
7,013 battles

Pretty sure the skill will change, though I don't know if postponing it for another patch cycle is the best idea. I hope English sources follow up on it as well just to make sure.

Regardless, me and others were pointing out the same thing as Flamu regarding respecs on the forums. The important part to keep in mind is that there will be a FREE respec PROVIDED the changes are significant. Problem is, it's up to WG's interpretation of what constitutes a significant change on whether it will be free. I don't think Flamu is right on the money or some grand prophet, but his thought has a point.

What stands is that the ball is now in WG's court, and the best solution to weather these changes is to stay away for a while.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,810 posts
7,013 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Maybe they didn't, but many of US did.

Or maybe instead of rushing the skill rework they devoted more time on internal testing and STs instead of dumping it on us. Especially in Deadeye's case where you can visibly gauge it's results. If LittleWhiteMouse did it with a Fuso and a Roma, why shouldn't WG.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Members
878 posts
3 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

With the removal of deadeye, hopefully we will see a shift in BB meta back towards more aggressive BB gameplay at high tiers. 

dont think so ..what you might see is more sniper bbs ..since its fun sniping...still not pushing  

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,334 posts
10,021 battles
37 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I don't use Deadeye, we learned the first week how crapit is already.

It's only crap if your aim is off.

Otherwise, it's a straight up 19% reduction to the area where your shells can land.

It may be crap if you're playing in a manner to prioritise it's use, if you just use it a s a "silent supplement", it's undeniably effective.

Members
1,559 posts
10,681 battles
14 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

At high tiers, deadeye combined with multiple Thunderers/Conqs/Yamato per game made it very difficult for any BB to push. This made the already passive T10 meta became even more passive as BBs don't want to push into HE spamming Thunderers and cruisers don't want to get dev struck by deadeye AP salvoes. 

But SAT... mah PEF memes.... mah PEF memes :Smile_sad:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Maybe with this crack in the wall, they'll reconsider what they did to cruiser skills.

Not likely, but the chance isn't zero.

• Cool 3

[SCK]
Members
172 posts
23,411 battles

It's not deadeye that keeps BBs from pushing up. It's ignorance and the lack of secondary accuracy. Not all BBs were secondary spec, but when you had a Mass, Georgia, Ohio, or a german BB, you knew that he would push and you could push up to support him. I feel like the secondary hit has more of an impact. Now those players who were playing german ships, (me included) leaves them in port and plays more accurate ships. Not at the back edge of the map, but you still want to play them just out of detect range. 

• Cool 5

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

maybe not enough people were using it....  

:Smile_veryhappy:

[CUDA]
Members
286 posts
8,025 battles

Notice how in his reply there isn't a thanks to WG for admitting the problem and agreeing to fix it, only 'I told you so' and veiled hints at some kind of conspiracy? It works better if you reward good behavior.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

Members
400 posts
26 battles

Changes to Deadeye would indeed, unsurprisingly be welcome.

I'm also not surprised the first mention is somewhat casually on a Russian stream.

If it happens, lets see if this happens: 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0100-commander-skills-update/#commander-skills-update

image.thumb.png.a1cfc929f12b15ed7ccdfced955da78d.png

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU
  • Cool 2