You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Yamato UU question

8 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
[DRNX]
Members
478 posts
12,844 battles

I'm currently just 2k research points from getting the yamato UU.  Is there anyway to get that 2k RP without having to completely reset a line and using  ton of fxp? Second it how good if Yammy with both the UU and deadeye? TIA

[ARC]
Members
1,072 posts
11,453 battles
6 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I'm currently just 2k research points from getting the yamato UU.  Is there anyway to get that 2k RP without having to completely reset a line and using  ton of fxp? Second it how good if Yammy with both the UU and deadeye? TIA

You will have to grind all the daily missions required (75 daily missions/month) to get 1200 RP monthly. Meaning you will need 2 months worth of RP.

Members
4,081 posts
44,059 battles

If you have to research a line, do the double, and make sure it is one you are not to crazy about this go around as your easy line is most likely your favorite. You can almost get what you need from tiers 5, 6, 7, 8.

DD and cruiser lines are usually the easiest and any two DD lines you think are meh is just fine too.

Just reset and apply FXP to both at same time to get them up there fast. then it is a matter of lust playing them. 

As for effectiveness, yes. The UU is by far worth it and well, I don't use Dead Eye myself, but I am sure it will only enhance at long range the tighter dispersion you are looking for. 

Just remember that at 32 max range you are better off firing one shot and adjusting if the target is turning. Also anticipate a turn and fire in the turn to catch a player unawares. because most players think you can't hit them in a turn at long range, but if you land that one shot, then that one cruiser will head for the back line and never be seen again. 

I would use full broadside when you have good alignment and assured target acquisition.(they are not looking at you, they don't know, they be close , and you caught them wide like a trailer on a freeway.) 

Members
680 posts
220 battles

Can I ask why the UU is better than MBM? 

And is it that much better it is worth the RB unlock?  Given that one of these is 3,000,000 credits which are easily farmable, and the other is RB points.  And both carry the same 13% turret penalty.

image.thumb.png.40e60998ecc056b1b3a9d23c691ddbdf.png

image.thumb.png.2327708441795743bb3edc4a9d5b2630.png

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Yamato

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
602 posts
19,213 battles

The problem with dispersion is that it is still a very RNG mechanic. Having on paper good dispersion doesn't mean you'll land a bullseye every time, it just means the shells have slightly tigher grouping.

Reload, on the other hand, is a constant, meaning it never relies on RNG. Being able to squeeze in more salvos per game equals high average damage.

In essence, dispersion rewards players with good aim. Reload rewards all players equally.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,444 posts
8,165 battles

There was technically another way to get Yamato's unique upgrade and it's the way I took. 

shot-20_12.03_11_19.20-0401.thumb.jpg.c26bfda6bf39491c0a67ecbc23d13f93.jpg

This thing came with it IF you were willing to spend a heck of a lot to get it. I'm an Arpeggio of Blue Steel fan thanks to the original in-game event from 2015-2016, so I wanted to complete my collection, plus it gave me another Yamato to play around with skill-buildwise. Compared to my normal Yamato, which still refuses to give up it's secondary build (despite WG's effort to kill secondaries, I hold out hope that they might correct their idiotic mistake), This thing with the unique upgrade and the main battery accuracy mod that it can also have results in a ship that can drop those 460mm shells practically on an individual gun turret at mid range and in a slightly small than ship sized grouping out to 30 km or so, provided I do my part on the aiming. I have never been very interested in the unique upgrades, but this one might be changing my mind about some of them.