You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

WG, please take the bots out of ranked.

27 comments in this topic

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
19 minutes ago, SKurj said:

cool name and shame

the greatest scam in this game is the name and shame blanket. we cant point out who is what, so it doesn't count. it could be any anomaly. But when you put a name to it, it has teeth.

the second epic sham of this game.... wargaming itself tracks stats that are public for all players. Let that sink in. It tracks stats, that are public for all players if you look them up on WG's website, but if you mention them here on WG forum...... it's taboo?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
1,559 posts
10,681 battles
16 hours ago, mumphred said:

I

His stats are average to ever so slightly above average. But that doesn't really tell us anything. I don't think we found the problem.

Members
130 posts
252 battles
10 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

the second epic sham of this game.... wargaming itself tracks stats that are public for all players. Let that sink in. It tracks stats, that are public for all players if you look them up on WG's website, but if you mention them here on WG forum...... it's taboo?

No, it isn't.  You can do naming, you can do shaming. You're just not allowed to do both things together.

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles

It doesn't matter, I am asking Wargaming to stop  spamming ranked with bots. It's not a big request, but a decent one.

• Boring 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
15 minutes ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

Sad state.

right? i did zero damage and outperformed a hizen and missouri

Members
855 posts
12 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

It doesn't matter, I am asking Wargaming to stop  spamming ranked with bots. It's not a big request, but a decent one.

Your request would probably have a greater chance of being seen on the EU or RU forums.  IMHO, WeeGee has been indifferent to the opinions of the NA crowd.

[PVE]
Members
10,925 posts
18,896 battles
57 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

IMHO, WeeGee has been indifferent to the opinions of the NA crowd.

I could just be how many opinions we have on NA.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,728 posts
21,814 battles
1 hour ago, Pura__Vida said:

the greatest scam in this game is the name and shame blanket. we cant point out who is what, so it doesn't count. it could be any anomaly. But when you put a name to it, it has teeth.

Throwing out a name on a public forum has no teeth because we, the other players in the game, can't do crap with that information. We don't hand out bans, nor can we choose not to play with an individual in the public matchmaking pool. Telling US about it does nothing. Send the replay to WG customer service.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,803 posts
12,612 battles

There's no real system that can be used to deny players access to playing the game, regardless of how poorly they can perform.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,219 battles

Watch what you ask for everyone is a bot in someone’s eyes . 

6,803 posts
12,612 battles
5 minutes ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

are there legit bots in the ranked queue?

The players were not good, but not bots.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
6 hours ago, Pura__Vida said:

yup, just like all the mm complainers, we just need some better prediction routines to see who is not gonna GAF in the next match

if your complaint is about an individual, then it's name and shame.. if its about bots or low performers, then no name is needed.

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
6 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Your request would probably have a greater chance of being seen on the EU or RU forums.  IMHO, WeeGee has been indifferent to the opinions of the NA crowd.

Did it ever occur to you that this player might in fact be an EU or RU player and has already tried in those forums and got vegetables thrown at them by the Forumites there? 

It is called trying a different tact. I can presume in Russian Forums it was a laden request with a few choice words for effect that were enough to wake up Ivan Drago himself. Send them cute wolf pictures and they might relent. 

In EU, it was probably references along those requests that rubbed a faction the wrong way. Bottom line EU, sensitive. They need an air drop of baby powder fast.

OP, try showing a screenshot of a lineup with the bots in it and battle results to demonstrate the disparity of a fair match. Otherwise the Devs really can't help you.

Really, seriously, evidence is how most of it is even considered in NA. Words just don't cut it unless you can find some awesome orator of greatness that swings Devs hearts with emotions and passion to see your way. 

I know of no such person and I have been here a long time. It is hard to find a beacon of hope in the heart of darkness.

So try the screenshots, it can't hurt. 

Good luck.:fish_book:

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
40 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Did it ever occur to you that this player might in fact be an EU or RU player and has already tried in those forums and got vegetables thrown at them by the Forumites there? 

It is called trying a different tact. I can presume in Russian Forums it was a laden request with a few choice words for effect that were enough to wake up Ivan Drago himself. Send them cute wolf pictures and they might relent. 

In EU, it was probably references along those requests that rubbed a faction the wrong way. Bottom line EU, sensitive. They need an air drop of baby powder fast.

OP, try showing a screenshot of a lineup with the bots in it and battle results to demonstrate the disparity of a fair match. Otherwise the Devs really can't help you.

Really, seriously, evidence is how most of it is even considered in NA. Words just don't cut it unless you can find some awesome orator of greatness that swings Devs hearts with emotions and passion to see your way. 

I know of no such person and I have been here a long time. It is hard to find a beacon of hope in the heart of darkness.

So try the screenshots, it can't hurt. 

Good luck.:fish_book:

i still don't understand how this situation could be prevented?

there will be that one match, someone like the op will rage, while another player perhaps struggles with rl issues after match starts, or because ranked they are trying to qualify yet they suck..  

there is a place for the "leet"...  tell them to go.. i mean to CB

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
2,208 posts
13,223 battles
8 hours ago, Vekta408 said:

His stats are average to ever so slightly above average. But that doesn't really tell us anything. I don't think we found the problem.

Look at his ranked stats, he's actually out performing his usual. So the problem is that the OP has unrealistic expectations about how good he is and how bad the other players are. I do hope in time that the bar to access silver eliminates some of the real bad players, but judging from what made it in to qualifying, it is clear that folks can fail their way to the top just by playing a lot and getting good teams to carry them. 

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
38 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Look at his ranked stats, he's actually out performing his usual. So the problem is that the OP has unrealistic expectations about how good he is and how bad the other players are. I do hope in time that the bar to access silver eliminates some of the real bad players, but judging from what made it in to qualifying, it is clear that folks can fail their way to the top just by playing a lot and getting good teams to carry them. 

It is the old adage: "Help me senpai to the top, even though I sucketh like a 10 year old lime in a rusty English Tea Pot ."  And of course a clan mate does, gets them in the door without the cover charge. 

For those that worked hard on their own to get in, you have my sympathies. For those that rode long coat tails from capes that belong in a super hero movie that Amazon made so dark that everybody wants these superheroes dead, I guess you got in to do your thing at the expense of others.

Using the player or the user, makes losers of us all.

I am not sure how ranked could ever get fixed as such. maybe make it all 1v1 and clan battles be just clans as it should be and leave mercs out of that. 

then reward individuals for hard individual work with gobs of steel, gold, and other nice things. 

Award clan battles same. 

Create a world for clans to do clan things and a world for the hard working individual player to do theirs.

And both would be happy with the rewards because you can't circumvent either game mode.

Its clans versus clans or 1v1.

The best of both worlds and also may the two never meet again to ruin each other's fun.

Hey, now that is an idea. 

I wonder how that will stick with WG?

[NSEW]
Members
2,273 posts
11,884 battles

What ever happened to the days when ranking out (twice) gave you a special ship? 

What is the equivalent reward now? Steel? Token? Token Doubloons?  pales in comparison really.  (also, note that the camo via Tokens have been raised in the past from 1 to 2/3 per)

What the informed do is take the rewards at respective league, leave the Ranked once rewards are complete.  Quite clever actually.

6,803 posts
12,612 battles
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

What ever happened to the days when ranking out (twice) gave you a special ship? 

What is the equivalent reward now? Steel? Token? Token Doubloons?  pales in comparison really.  (also, note that the camo via Tokens have been raised in the past from 1 to 2/3 per)

What the informed do is take the rewards at respective league, leave the Ranked once rewards are complete.  Quite clever actually.

It turned into steel, which is an arguably better way to handle it over getting ships you don’t want. Or camos you don’t need.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
13 hours ago, Vekta408 said:

His stats are average to ever so slightly above average. 

52% is ever so slightly above average?

Did the playerbase magically improve while I wasn't looking?

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
11 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Throwing out a name on a public forum has no teeth because we, the other players in the game, can't do crap with that information. 

Not only that, but if somebody is disliked, they can be accused of doing things that they aren't actually doing, and even without replay evidence, people will pile on them.

I'm not going to get political, but this past year really shed a light on aspects of human nature which we tended to ignore previously.