You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Proving OP Ships Have It Easy In Ranked 5 Games in Qualifying And 5 Wins in a Row

22 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
277 posts

Heard so many people complain this week about ranked and the qualifying but I been taking it slow cause I'm busy in real life a lot right now. Wife said we had to spend tomorrow with friends and family so I knew I wouldn't get any play time. Sunday is reserved for church and my wife so again I knew play time would be very little. I decided I needed to knock out those 5 qualifying games from Bronze to Silver tonight. I grabbed my Daring first because I figured if I could use it to hunt some DD's and cap, my team would stand a better chance of winning. I was wrong, it's good but not really a DD hunter. We barely won that game and I mean barely by the skin of our teeth. I knew I wasn't going to have a smooth time if I kept playing it. I also did not want to drag this thing out so I looked at my ships and thought with so many Premium and OP ships in Qualifying like the Missouri, the Bourgogne, Musashi, etc. I was going to have to pick something quite OP in it own right. So I grabbed the most OP battleship in the game. I know, I know, people keep telling me it's not OP but speaking as one who owns every Tier 10 BB, I can attest that it is by far the most OP(in my opinion) so I chose it to make these quick and easy.

Well, I was correct because I won the next 4 in a row without any difficulty. We just tore them up one side and down the other. I played Bully Style! I would follow behind a DD and go straight up to a cap. My goal was to take out one important ship per game and severely damage another before I died. It worked flawlessly and the first game in the Kremlin I saw an Alaska approach the cap, I don't fire early to let my position be known unless I'm spotted by a plane or something. I wait and wait until I have a great shot or until I'm about to get exposed so the Alaska never knew I was there. He went to turn into the cap and I landed the double citadel. I did not stay focused on him as I knew I had 2 other ships behind me that would finish him off. I turned and got ready to fire on the next closest ship. I did not run, I did not have any fear because the Kremlin can take a beating!! Someone across the map BLAPS me for 30k, I didn't care, I just adjusted my angle and kept focusing on the next ship. We laid waste to them because they sit in the back and try to snipe so when someone charges in, they try to focus you. When you have 4 ships all shooting HE at you but your a Kremlin, it is soooo sweet. Your team can just sit back without all that pressure and pick them off. 2 fire on me? I don't care, I just laugh and keep firing cause I have a huge health pool, a heal and an amazing repair at my disposal. 

God Bless Mother Russia, once again you've made my life easier!(who am I kidding, this is for the trolls cause I'm pretty sure I just got lucky.......or did I?)

Kremlin Qualifying1.jpg

SilverQualify.jpg

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,849 posts
14,882 battles
6 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

God Bless Mother Russia, once again you've made my life easier!(who am I kidding, this is for the trolls cause I'm pretty sure I just got lucky.......or did I?)

Depending on how good you are it is probably a combination of your skill and a bit of luck.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,911 posts
7,774 battles

I qualed w/ 5 wins in a row w/ smalland on some teams that shouldn't have won.  Granted I think the other teams were playing save a star while I was capping them out.

[RAGE]
Members
10 posts
7,610 battles

I spent a little bit of time messing around with BBs and my other favorite ships to play, but in the end I had the most success playing nevsky and tashkent, mainly because my teams weren't reliably getting competent light cruiser(actually so few of these to be found these days...) or destroyer players.  Once I switched to playing only those two I ranked out very quickly on the second day, with 80% and 67% win rate in those ships for this sprint, respectively. And I pretty much ignored the caps completely aside from supporting other DDs, and focused almost exclusively on finding and killing the enemy DDs, then go on to farm till game ends.  I chose those ships mainly because they're the ones I have at those tiers I've played the longest and enjoy playing the most, and fit my playstyle best, but I'm sure op soviet bias stronk was behind my success and not any semblance of skill.  I did play kremlin some last season, and did take sovetsky soyuz out for some games this season, but with near utter dependence on friendly cruisers and dds doing well, or at least surviving long enough to be useful, games were too hit or miss for me to have patience grinding through ranked with them. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,494 posts

I sometimes think when I get a hold of a Kremlin...

In Russia they hire me to play Kremlin. =) //bad joke.

Georgia is the closest. I can stomp around the cap with a lucky DD and get into all sorts of things. I just came out of a Coop where four BB's were a problem but with the Georgia overdrive at 38 knots stringing them out and then engaging all 4 one at a time... poof all gone.

The Hizen is not the BB for that. Its too squishy. The rest of them are simply too slow. I intend to have a Krem by summers end. That should be fun. I should know, I spent the last few years sinking them.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,543 posts
11,014 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Depending on how good you are it is probably a combination of your skill and a bit of luck.

I agree. I blitzed through one week of Bronze last season with a perfect record playing all but one battle in Hipper, Mainz, and Prinz Eugen. I don’t think anyone can in good faith argue that those ships are overpowered, or even particularly strong in the ranked meta.

Streaks happen.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,230 posts
11,230 battles

TL;DR

Yes - OP ships have it easy.  Otherwise, they would not have the OP label, and would just be ships in ranked.

• Haha 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles

I don’t know about the post but i like the illustration on the screen shot its really nice . 

[SOBA6]
Members
277 posts
18 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I don’t know about the post but i like the illustration on the screen shot its really nice . 

LOL, my attempt to use the paint program over the image

Members
207 posts
5,051 battles

Kremlin is not an op ship, not by a long shot. It only feels op to those who are less skilled at battleship play, because it lets you get away with positional mistakes. The reason why you dont find success in other battleships is because you are inexperienced and do not know how to play battleships well.

• Cool 3

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,742 posts
5,992 battles
5 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I knew I wasn't going to have a smooth time if I kept playing it. I also did not want to drag this thing out so I looked at my ships and thought with so many Premium and OP ships in Qualifying like the Missouri, the Bourgogne, Musashi, etc. I was going to have to pick something quite OP in it own right.

FYI, Missouri is not OP.  It is, effectively, a nerfed Iowa with a highly situational radar in place of a spotter.  The spotter is generally more useful for a BB.  The Iowa's heal is notably better.

The only thing about Missouri that is OP is its credit earning potential, but that has zero impact on a match.

[WHS]
Members
254 posts
4,044 battles

If something's so OP why not keep playing it and win the WoWS instead of telling everyone here so they all play the OP ship?

All's fair in love an war, and you're doing it wrong.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,263 posts
12,198 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Argus said:

LOL, my attempt to use the paint program over the image

Yea I know it looks like my work just having fun . 

[WOLFG]
Members
32,259 posts
9,988 battles

It's funny, I played mostly Musashi and Alsace to grind up the ranks, and yeah, Musashi w/Deadeye is beast mode.

But then I got to qualifying, added Thunderer and my new Republique to Musashi, and kept young back and forth between 0-2 stars.

Was at 0 stars, decided to try Gearing, and knocked it out in 5 straight games.

Guess Gearing is OP....

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,639 posts

5 wins is hardly a large enough sample size, try again.  

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,647 battles
On 2/26/2021 at 10:24 PM, BrushWolf said:

I find it laughable that soviet ship users delude themselves that anything they achieve in those ships is because of 'skill' or because they're 'gud'. The ships are hard coded with stacking and synergizing advantages while every other ship line pays for their themed advantage with a crippling penalty. It's like usain bolt bragging he outran a 2yr old child on the 100m dash. XD

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,259 posts
9,988 battles
20 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

It's like usain bolt bragging he outran a 2yr old child on the 100m dash. XD

If a 2-yr old could trip Usain, and then jump atop him and put him in a submission hold.....:Smile_trollface:

[SOBA6]
Members
277 posts
21 hours ago, Skpstr said:

It's funny, I played mostly Musashi and Alsace to grind up the ranks, and yeah, Musashi w/Deadeye is beast mode.

But then I got to qualifying, added Thunderer and my new Republique to Musashi, and kept young back and forth between 0-2 stars.

Guess Gearing is OP....

It is in the right hands. Those torps have good range, good damage and the ship itself has decent concealment and gun fire rate. It has a lot going for it and I think it is a great jack of all trades DD. With the gearing I don't feel outgunned against some DD hunters as I would in other DD's. I like the way you can style the Gearing to your playstyle be it a torp boat or a gunboat or sort of in the middle of both. Much better than some other DD's that might say have great guns but the torps suck or vice versa they have great torps but their guns are slow and not worth using. Honestly Gearing can handle almost any problem it faces in a cap which cannot be said for most other DD's. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,494 posts
21 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Guess Gearing is OP....

No it's not.

I don't know of any possible upgrades to mine its maxed out.

[SOBA6]
Members
277 posts
On 2/27/2021 at 2:36 AM, Battleship_PrinceOfWales said:

Kremlin is not an op ship, not by a long shot. It only feels op to those who are less skilled at battleship play, because it lets you get away with positional mistakes. The reason why you dont find success in other battleships is because you are inexperienced and do not know how to play battleships well.

Who said I don't find success in other ships? Who said I do not know how to play well? I'm not a unicum player but I'm pretty sure I'm a decent player on any ship I pull out. Being that I own every Tier 10 Battleship I can say out of all of them the Kremlin is 100% OP.  Anyone who says otherwise is using it to Suicide or playing it wrong. It is a straight up beast when you point that nose to the enemy and give them what for. The health and guns are a bonus to the toughness of that ship. It will straight up punish you if you underestimate it. It can wreck cruisers and BB's alike and switch to HE and those pesky DD's better watch out. It can eat a torp without blinking and the AA is decent if you take an extra AA skill to bolster it up. 
No I don't have a problem with any BB, DD or Cruiser I jump into. I play smart and try to maximize the ships strengths and know it's weaknesses. The only Tier 10 BB's you own are the Thunderer and the Yamato and you barely have a whopping 83 games played in the Thunderer and 24 games in the Yamato. How can you sit and judge a ship you don't even own? 

LOL, I'm gonna take my inexperienced self and go eat some crawfish now. They just threw 2 more sacks on outside and I can smell them all the way into the house and my mouth is watering. Cya's later in game! 

Carolina.jpg

Conq.jpg

Ga.jpg

Georgia.jpg

GK.jpg

Gkk.jpg

Halland.jpg

Iowa.jpg

ItalianKraken.jpg

KhabKraken.jpg

Mino.jpg

Minoo.jpg

NewYorkKraken.jpg

Repub.jpg

ShimaKraken.jpg

Thunder1.jpg

Thunderr.jpg

yam.jpg

yam2.jpg

Yamato.jpg

Yammy.jpg

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,259 posts
9,988 battles
48 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

No it's not.

I don't know of any possible upgrades to mine its maxed out.

How did you build yours though? Torp, gunboat, or hybrid?

I went torp build, with RPF. (only 19 points though)