You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Epic Games Testing - Warning

26 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

If you received an email to help test WOWS installation on Epic Games, but haven't installed it yet ... you may want to consider the following ...

testaccount.jpg.d78122e28e1b6291763e38346c235fa7.jpg

I decided to "help out" even though the rewards are not that great.  so I installed the Epic Games version, played some games, then uninstalled it from Epic Games.

When I went to play my regular installation, I noticed WGC was having errors with installing an update on the PTS server.  Never seen an update error like that before.

Screenshot_1.jpg.60008ebb10335c4d5aaad718b2f35463.jpg

Regardless, loaded my normal game, but found I could no longer access the Armory ... tested Premium Shop access and it was hosed as well.

Spoiler

armory.thumb.jpg.30ec1f5a968c25a7d2f25bea97bff138.jpg

I tried purging cookies, browser cache, etc. to no avail.  So tried running a WGC Check ... and it Crashed! 

Spoiler

WGCchkStart.thumb.jpg.197511cc449c45b7028aef1c2e174b1d.jpg

WGCchk.thumb.jpg.74e0abc531a9a6e9bc4d2e3daf6e8855.jpg

Guess it's uninstall time ... will reinstall after I get over being really pissed at WG.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,229 posts
22,826 battles

Sorry you took a bullet for the team but thank you for the PSA!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,907 posts
14,882 battles

I installed it with no problem other than the slow download but with no seeds that is expected. I have started the game up and closed it several times with no issues. I did have to create a new Yahoo mail to create an account because that email is for the accounts on the other servers.

Edited by BrushWolf

Supertester
4,177 posts
4,643 battles

Well it *is* a test, you should definitely submit a support ticket to both get this resolved and so that WG can determine what caused it. 

[IPC]
Members
10 posts
10,442 battles

I'm totally confused. I installed the "test" via the Epic Store/Launcher. Got into the game fine with my existing IGN. But it wants me to create a WG account, and won't let me use my existing one. Do I have to create a new e-mail just for this test? How dumb is that. I want to see the "Epic Games Premium Shop" with up to 80% off, which is the whole reason I installed. Supposedly anything purchased for the test will be mirrored to my main account.
Not a good start.

[DMGS]
Members
122 posts
6,597 battles

Did you honestly expect anything different from a store platform that can’t even be asked to implement basic features like a shopping cart?

The minute Fortnite dies it’s good night to low prices on there anyway. Sticking to Steam personally.

• Cool 1

[RAGE]
Members
2,004 posts
9,099 battles
1 hour ago, R0ck_n_R0ll said:

I'm totally confused. I installed the "test" via the Epic Store/Launcher. Got into the game fine with my existing IGN. But it wants me to create a WG account, and won't let me use my existing one. Do I have to create a new e-mail just for this test? How dumb is that. I want to see the "Epic Games Premium Shop" with up to 80% off, which is the whole reason I installed. Supposedly anything purchased for the test will be mirrored to my main account.
Not a good start.

It's basically like Steam. It's a separate client, not integrated with the standalone client. Standalone clients can't take advantage of Steam/Epic sales. 

[WOLFC]
Members
93 posts
9,971 battles

We miss ya Doc, hope it gets resolved soon. 

Not an Epic person here, I'm happy w Steam and refuse to use Epic, even gave up on Rocket League once they required an Epic account, thats how I managed to find this game with all the time I had.

Edited by puckhead77

[ARC]
Members
1,072 posts
11,477 battles

I don't have problem accessing to the game. Even now I can access both PTS and the main account. The thing is, I can't access the so called 80% Premium Store discount, that is exclusive for Epic clients. I even tried to access wargaming.net with the mail and password used in Epic to link my account and I can't login.

Just in case, I installed everything in different folders (even different routes, to blind every client from interfering themselves). Is there any bug report post for that client?

[W-P-A]
Members
9 posts
2,648 battles

I'd love to know the answer to the "80% off Premium shop items" question as well.  

Did WoWS use that as a bait and switch for getting us to test the Epic interface?

All I see when I go to the premium shop via the Epic client is "no items available".

[CANUK]
Members
90 posts
5,351 battles
12 minutes ago, SnowDog1974 said:

I'd love to know the answer to the "80% off Premium shop items" question as well.  

Did WoWS use that as a bait and switch for getting us to test the Epic interface?

All I see when I go to the premium shop via the Epic client is "no items available".

I contacted support, and they say at the moment it's a known technical issue and that they're working on it (paraphrasing). I figure this is most likely true, since if there's anything a company likes, it's money, and making sure your storefront works sure seems like an important step in getting that money. Telling people that they'll be bundles and then not offering them seems needlessly elaborate and harms themselves for next to not gain. They could have offered the bundles with a smaller discount, and I figure they still would have gotten testers.

[W-P-A]
Members
9 posts
2,648 battles

I also heard that purchases on this account are mirrored on your main account...anyone know if that is accurate?

[CANUK]
Members
90 posts
5,351 battles
14 minutes ago, SnowDog1974 said:

I also heard that purchases on this account are mirrored on your main account...anyone know if that is accurate?

That's the idea with the discounted packages. You want doubloons and you want to save money, so you buy through the Epic Game Store and WG gets to test out their new store front. However, since last time I checked these discounted packages are still unavailable (see my earlier comment), so it's both impossible to do in game, and while you could do it through WG's site, unless things are discounted why wouldn't you just buy them on your main account.

[FORM]
Members
2,216 posts
13,236 battles
On 2/26/2021 at 7:21 PM, DocWalker said:

If you received an email to help test WOWS installation on Epic Games, but haven't installed it yet ... you may want to consider the following ...

Regardless, loaded my normal game, but found I could no longer access the Armory ... tested Premium Shop access and it was hosed as well.

I tried purging cookies, browser cache, etc. to no avail.  So tried running a WGC Check ... and it Crashed! 

Guess it's uninstall time ... will reinstall after I get over being really pissed at WG.

Ouch! Thanks for the warning, good luck getting it going again! Hope you can update us if/when it is resolved and what steps you might have had to take to fix it - or if it was just waiting til WG unbuggered it. 

11 hours ago, Rothgar_57 said:

That's par for the course.  Epic games launcher why?

WG is just trying to find folks who haven't tried it yet I suppose. Same reason they put up specials on Steam, Humble Bumble, etc. Though they're almost always for new accounts IIRC.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
20 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Ouch! Thanks for the warning, good luck getting it going again! Hope you can update us if/when it is resolved and what steps you might have had to take to fix it - ...

I finally uninstalled everything ... and reinstalled again.  That was a pain ... I'd forgotten the little quirks when installing a new account vs new instance.

I had also wanted to take advantage of the "large discounts" on Epic being mirrored on your main account ... but as already mentioned, that part of the test didn't work.

As of this morning, access to the Armory had finally begun working in game ... before now I had to access it via the direct web link.

Access to the Premium Shop from ingame is still bugged ... but I never used that anyway.

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.59e1b6125c78d3d389931d4eb45014eb.jpg

On the plus side ... I've had a nice break from Warships and bought a new game on Epic that I've been playing all weekend ... it's been much more "SatisFACTORY".   :etc_red_button: :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,578 posts
15,102 battles
On 2/26/2021 at 6:21 PM, DocWalker said:

testaccount.jpg.d78122e28e1b6291763e38346c235fa7.jpg

I decided to "help out" even though the rewards are not that great.  so I installed the Epic Games version, played some games, then uninstalled it from Epic Games.

When I went to play my regular installation, I noticed WGC was having errors with installing an update on the PTS server.  Never seen an update error like that before.

Screenshot_1.jpg.60008ebb10335c4d5aaad718b2f35463.jpg

Hide contents

armory.thumb.jpg.30ec1f5a968c25a7d2f25bea97bff138.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

WGCchk.thumb.jpg.74e0abc531a9a6e9bc4d2e3daf6e8855.jpg

The EGS client shouldn't effect the WGC clients, I have been testing since before we sent these emails out and haven't had an issue, could you put a CS ticket in please with all these details.

Also, I assume you have already uninstalled, but next time, please run a WGCheck so we can see the log of issues (like that pop up you had, the WGC will write a log entry for it so we can see what happened).

Sorry for this, not sure what happened.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
16 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The EGS client shouldn't effect the WGC clients, I have been testing since before we sent these emails out and haven't had an issue, could you put a CS ticket in please with all these details.

Also, I assume you have already uninstalled, but next time, please run a WGCheck so we can see the log of issues (like that pop up you had, the WGC will write a log entry for it so we can see what happened).

Sorry for this, not sure what happened.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Hey Hapa ... I did try to run a WCG check, but as originally mentioned in my first post, it failed as well. 

I sent in a ticket and got a response (Roman was very helpful) about some additional items to try clearing ... but by the time I got a response, I had already gotten it to work.

WOWSclearcache.thumb.jpg.13d854bfa36f2e9a4909da24780a48e4.jpg 

I really have no clue why this should have happened ... the Epic Games installation was in a completely different folder ... I was using different Logins, IDs, etc ... never did try to add an email account in because I was afraid to mix things together.  Regardless, it's all cleared up now except for no Premium Shop functionally from inside the game.

Thanks for your concern.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,578 posts
15,102 battles
3 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Hey Hapa ... I did try to run a WCG check, but as originally mentioned in my first post, it failed as well. 

I sent in a ticket and got a response (Roman was very helpful) about some additional items to try clearing ... but by the time I got a response, I had already gotten it to work.

WOWSclearcache.thumb.jpg.13d854bfa36f2e9a4909da24780a48e4.jpg 

I really have no clue why this should have happened ... the Epic Games installation was in a completely different folder ... I was using different Logins, IDs, etc ... never did try to add an email account in because I was afraid to mix things together.  Regardless, it's all cleared up now except for no Premium Shop functionally from inside the game.

Thanks for your concern.

I will try to duplicate this today. That is so odd....  Sorry for the issues.... But glad you have had it cleared up.

-Hapa

[W-P-A]
Members
9 posts
2,648 battles

Any update on the Premium Shop "No offers available at this time" situation?

[W-P-A]
Members
1 post

So I decided to go ahead and buy all 4 packs. I had already bought the Dubs the other day, so just had the credits left to buy. But they didnt get put into the test account like the dubs had. Is this a bug?

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
On 3/1/2021 at 5:37 PM, SnowDog1974 said:

Any update on the Premium Shop "No offers available at this time" situation?

On 3/3/2021 at 2:41 PM, xXUglykidXx said:

Is the only way to take advantage of this through an email invite ?

Sorry, haven't been online since Monday (Mar 1) ...

As far as I know the only way to participate was to receive the email invite.

There was an email from WG on Mar 3 saying they had fixed the Premium Shop problems and were prolonging the test.  I wasn't about to install WG on EPIC again, so didn't test it.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2.jpg.bd4f14f1431d37cbb467005cb0a7590e.jpg

I did reinstall the game but I haven't even tried to play again until tonight ... got 3 Critical Errors in a row.  Has this been a problem lately?

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.jpg.55ee51b1be55fa137c96fcc71e39baf0.jpg

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Additional info ... new email popped in while I was on the forum.

Screenshot_3.jpg