You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
amoncz

Again and again and again...game after game

28 comments in this topic

[SOTHS]
Members
92 posts
9,067 battles

MM is unbalanced and Wg completely ignores that. Why not to have one team with 45% WR against team with 55% WR. That's so balanced. So much i want to just quit

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,934 posts
14,885 battles
Just now, Charon2018 said:

Yet another MM troll post from the OP.

It is a day ending in y

• Haha 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,784 posts
6,023 battles
35 minutes ago, amoncz said:

MM is unbalanced and Wg completely ignores that. Why not to have one team with 45% WR against team with 55% WR. That's so balanced. So much i want to just quit

What is your desired outcome?  Fewer blowouts or less predictable results?  A skill based MM can help make the outcome of a given match harder to predict, but it does almost nothing to reduce blowouts.

• Cool 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
38 minutes ago, amoncz said:

for the past week you have been above your average.. whats your complaint?  no need to mention today's performance....  

Members
7,364 posts
17,418 battles
1 hour ago, amoncz said:

I'm a huge proponent of using MM monitor to my advantage. A 10% differential is pretty much unheard of, +/-3% is pretty typical.

You should get into the cheese making business. It would complement your other activity quite well. 

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,934 posts
14,885 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

What is your desired outcome?  Fewer blowouts or less predictable results?  A skill based MM can help make the outcome of a given match harder to predict, but it does almost nothing to reduce blowouts.

Reducing blowouts is also a factor of how you decide what a blowout is. To me it is matches that end in ten minutes or less. A match that goes for 15 minutes or more isn't even if the losing team is completely destroyed.

[PVE]
Members
7,904 posts
23,881 battles
2 hours ago, amoncz said:

It is what the game has always been & 8,880 battles later...

You're still playing...

Yet you want to quit...

Yet you're still playing...

Yet you still want to quit...

(Damn...

Where's a penny?

Now my records skipping too)

• Thanks 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,084 battles
11 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

It is what the game has always been & 8,880 battles later...

You're still playing...

Yet you want to quit...

(Damn...

Where's a penny?

Now my records skipping too)

Hypnosis built into game code. It is the only explanation as to why I still play. Seriously.

See the source image

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles

I play and understand things will not always be my way half the time. I try to see what I can do, not what I think should be given to me. It is a bit rough though.

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
3 hours ago, amoncz said:

We're here for you OP... Even if you're unable or incapable of moving on...

Will be here for you...

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,784 posts
6,023 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Reducing blowouts is also a factor of how you decide what a blowout is. To me it is matches that end in ten minutes or less. A match that goes for 15 minutes or more isn't even if the losing team is completely destroyed.

I can't agree with that definition.  Two teams of overly aggressive players may result in a bloodbath where the final battle between the last two ships happens less than 10 minutes into the match, but by no means could I see that as a blowout.  It is just a bloodbath.  No MM system will change that.

Now, the mercy rule being put into effect because one team went to zero, that is a blowout.

Accounting for the nature of the snowball effect I don't consider any match in which the mercy rule was not implemented and the winning team did not have at least 8 more ships left than the losing team at match end.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,934 posts
14,885 battles
9 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I can't agree with that definition.  Two teams of overly aggressive players may result in a bloodbath where the final battle between the last two ships happens less than 10 minutes into the match, but by no means could I see that as a blowout.  It is just a bloodbath.  No MM system will change that.

Now, the mercy rule being put into effect because one team went to zero, that is a blowout.

Accounting for the nature of the snowball effect I don't consider any match in which the mercy rule was not implemented and the winning team did not have at least 8 more ships left than the losing team at match end.

Good point, let's change that to 10 minutes where one team takes little damage in destroying the other in 10 minutes or less.

[ROXY]
Members
386 posts
1,619 battles
4 hours ago, amoncz said:

Ok? What do you want us to do?

If we all agree, MM won't get fixed.

If we don't agree, MM won't be fixed.

So why this thread again?

[WOLF6]
Members
206 posts
7,273 battles

i seldom heard complaints about blows out beyond this past year.  and i dont recall below outs being this common.  was i not paying attention to this or is this a recent(thepast year) phenomenon?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

i could drag the posts back from 2020 if you really want...

they have always been here, just the cv noise apparently drowned them out abit last yr

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
6 minutes ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

i seldom heard complaints about blows out beyond this past year.  and i dont recall below outs being this common.  was i not paying attention to this or is this a recent(thepast year) phenomenon?

blowouts... quick search... used 405 times in the last year 358 times the year before that... 

so yeah they are on the down swing

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,555 posts

OP now hear this.

Nothing will be fixed. or rolled back. Its the nature of the wows game product produced by your friendly coders in WG.

So complaining or making a scene has no value to anyone. If you like the game great. Have at it. If you don't there are 40 years worth of computer games to choose from.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,334 posts
10,021 battles
22 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

I'm a huge proponent of using MM monitor to my advantage. A 10% differential is pretty much unheard of, +/-3% is pretty typical.

When I used it in WoT, you could get some pretty decent differentials, but I found it wasn't until the predicted win odds got to around 75/25, that the better team would overrun the worse one. 60/40 might as well have been 50/50, looking at actual results.

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
476 posts

OP makes a post about unbalanced teams via win percentage. Forum derails thread into "nothing to see here it is just a whine fest about blowouts..."

@OP WG has repeatedly stated that better players have earned the right to sup on worse players. WG sees this as fair, balanced and enjoyable. Any discussion about about balance inevitably devolves into "it is balanced everyone has the same MM", "get better noob L2P!",  "remove CVs they are not fair and are OP", "if we balance the teams it punishes good players and that is not fair", "get a second job  watching videos, bow and scrape to better players, listen to your betters and hush up, learn to meta", "go play in Co-Op it is for the less skilled", and "I don't have any problems so you must be the problem"    

In short: It is what it is and you have to decide if the above mentality is worth your time and effort to deal with.

Cirran

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
5 minutes ago, Cirran said:

OP makes a post about unbalanced teams via win percentage. Forum derails thread into "nothing to see here it is just a whine fest about blowouts..."

@OP WG has repeatedly stated that better players have earned the right to sup on worse players. WG sees this as fair, balanced and enjoyable. Any discussion about about balance inevitably devolves into "it is balanced everyone has the same MM", "get better noob L2P!",  "remove CVs they are not fair and are OP", "if we balance the teams it punishes good players and that is not fair", "get a second job  watching videos, bow and scrape to better players, listen to your betters and hush up, learn to meta", "go play in Co-Op it is for the less skilled", and "I don't have any problems so you must be the problem"    

In short: It is what it is and you have to decide if the above mentality is worth your time and effort to deal with.

Cirran

what is this drivel... want to be carried to a higher wr are you on the other side and wish to be carried to a better wr?

its not like the better players didn't start in the exact same place you did...

Members
5,664 posts
11,000 battles
23 hours ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

Blowouts have been complained about for 3 years if not more.  I have a lot less of them recently but blowouts (though I think many definitions people use aren't blowouts) have been complained about often - very often.

Members
5,664 posts
11,000 battles
On 2/26/2021 at 6:16 PM, amoncz said:

WR is a lousy way to determine "skill".

• Thanks 1

[REVY]
Members
2,640 posts
14,473 battles
On 2/26/2021 at 7:15 PM, Compassghost said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

fits the OP very well in this case.

Edited by Lord_Slayer