You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

Cruisers - top grade gunner or outnumbered?

32 comments in this topic

Members
2,360 posts
33,367 battles

What's the consensus if you could only have one of these skills on your cruiser?

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,108 posts
11,788 battles

Of just those 2, top grade gunner for me though it’s on a very limited number of captains

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles

I'd never take outnumbered on any ship. I actually think it's the most broken skill in the rework in terms of not working or doing anything meaningful.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Of the two, TGG is at least useful sometimes.

(If you play a significant number of PVE battles, it's not horrible at all.)

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,099 battles

Outnumbered is a garbage skill

[WOLFC]
Members
2,560 posts
11,041 battles

Neither. There are generally more useful skills to spend the points on for just about any build.

Members
7,360 posts
17,400 battles

Outnumbered is useless. Do me a favor, Show me a screenshot of any time you have more enemy ships visible than friendly ships and a possibility of winning the game. 

Edited by DuckyShot

[TIMT]
Members
1,365 posts
4,910 battles

Outnumbered relies on you being either in a situation where:

• most of your team is dead
  • you mispositioned horribly

Both not really great situations. So hard pass on that skill imho, though I would be curious if anyone actually tried it.

TGG is useful on radar cruisers, as the extra DPM is nice to have when you only have a limited amount of time to shoot. Unfortunately, apart from lighthouse builds, the current meta is not too friendly to cruisers pushing anywhere close to their detection range. Ships like Des Moines are really sad to play nowadays, at least for me.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,832 posts
3,369 battles

All the above. The only place where I was able to trigger Outnumbered  was Newport News in the Leander. It does what it says but  is utter garbage

[KIA-C]
Members
3,673 posts
16,228 battles

Top grade gunner.

you only need 1 enemy ship to be spotted within your detection range. The trigger condition aren't too bad and the effect is good

[PVE]
Members
7,861 posts
23,833 battles
2 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

Outnumbered is useless. Do me a favor, Show me a screenshot of any time you have more enemy ships visible than friendly ships and a possibility of winning the game. 

No screenshot but 2 potential examples (neither possibility justifying taking the skill...but winning in either of these scenarios is possible)...both requiring a lemming train at the start.

Your team lemmings & you on the weak flank or their team lemmings & you on their heavy flank...w/a DD to spot (assuming you didn't totally derp & go solo in a cruiser when your team lemminged) you can kite away while using the extra dispersion to help reset the cap...

Again...not worthy of taking the skill for that potential scenario to play out...but it would be helpful in those scenarios.

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,905 battles

I'll just add to the clear consensus.  I haven't taken either on most of my cruisers.  In a couple cases, I decided to take TGG, but I'm not yet fully convinced it was a good idea.  I can't think of any reason I'd EVER take outnumbered.  If it was a 1-point skill, I MIGHT take it as my last throwaway. But for 4 points?  The only thing I can think of that might be less useful would be taking one of the torpedo skills on a cruiser that has no torpedoes.

Edited by Midshipman_Hornblower

Members
1,178 posts
1,685 battles
5 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

Do me a favor, Show me a screenshot of any time you have more enemy ships visible than friendly ships and a possibility of winning the game. 

Literally every Aegis game ever

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
6 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Literally every Aegis game ever

Ok, but would you actually take the skill for dedicated Aegis captain?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,943 posts
15,765 battles

Outnumbered is so stupidly contrived WG purposefully didn't include skill activation notifications just so people wouldn't complain it had never, ever activated...

Members
1,178 posts
1,685 battles
9 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

Ok, but would you actually take the skill for dedicated Aegis captain?

My plans for KMS Nurnberg are exclusively Killer Whale & Aegis, so yes.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
3 hours ago, mofton said:

Outnumbered is so stupidly contrived WG purposefully didn't include skill activation notifications just so people wouldn't complain it had never, ever activated...

It's so idiotic that there are no notifications if a buff of a trait is active or not.

WoWS has never had conditional effects like Dead Eye, Outnumbered before.  So we never had need of a "Buffs Bar" or something like that like in an MMORPG.   But WG implements the damn system, and here we are in the Video Game Dark Ages having no idea if the godd*mn trait is in effect or not!

I mean, holy sh*t, I remember playing video games in the 1990s and 1980s when if you got "POWER UP!" you saw effects that you indeed were "Powered Up."  Here we are in 20-godd*mn-21, and you may not be sure if these stupid conditionals in the game are working or not!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 4

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
29 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's so idiotic that there are no notifications if a buff of a trait is active or not.

WoWS has never had conditional effects like Dead Eye, Outnumbered before.  So we never had need of a "Buffs Bar" or something like that like in an MMORPG.   But WG implements the damn system, and here we are in the Video Game Dark Ages having no idea if the godd*mn trait is in effect or not!

I mean, holy sh*t, I remember playing video games in the 1990s and 1980s when if you got "POWER UP!" you saw effects that you indeed were "Powered Up."  Here we are in 20-godd*mn-21, and you may not be sure if these stupid conditionals in the game are working or not!

Why would you expect notification for capt skill activation  when alternative battle interface mode is not a standard feature and is by far the most valuable information required to play the game - wg clearly doesnt care about easily providing relevant information.

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
434 posts
10,208 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Musical notifications would be cool, there you are in your cruiser when "Outnumbered" finally activates and Two Steps from Hell Hearts of Courage or Strength of a Thousand Men starts playing...

then you get blapped anyways...

[WOLFG]
Members
1,064 posts

Outnumbered is HORRIBLE.  Don't even consider it.  I'd rather have four points sitting there unused than put it into this.  Top Grade Gunner is 'almost' a waste of four points.  Very limited use.

[BOTO]
Members
1,460 posts
17,672 battles
17 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

What's the consensus if you could only have one of these skills on your cruiser?

If you have 4 extra points that aren't better spent on something else then Top Grade Gunner is far better than Outnumbered.

[NSEW]
Members
2,271 posts
11,883 battles
8 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

wg clearly doesnt care about easily providing relevant information.

Tell that to the CV players

• Haha 1