Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stuby5600

Steel ship to get first

9 comments in this topic

[SIAS]
Members
9 posts
4,400 battles

Been grinding steel for a while now and I want to buy a ship but I don't know which one. Jean Bart is one of my favourite ships so I'm considering the Bourgogne but I really like how the Somers plays. I'm also debating on if I should wait for the Austin as it seems like a pretty decent ship. Thoughts?

[AAA]
Members
209 posts
20,034 battles

Somers Is being removed in 10.2, so if you have your sights on her better pony up now. 

Other than that, I would recommend waiting to see how the Austin plays when it gets released. 

[IJAG]
Members
254 posts
17,413 battles

I think they'll convert the Somers into a coal ship later on, like what happened to the Flint. I'm not wasting my steel on her.

[-AFK-]
Members
1,146 posts
15,255 battles
1 hour ago, xXUglykidXx said:

Somers Is being removed in 10.2, so if you have your sights on her better pony up now. 

Other than that, I would recommend waiting to see how the Austin plays when it gets released. 

I am waiting for Austin also. 
Licking my lips at the sight of that 

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,255 posts
16,116 battles

Stalingrad my only steel ship, no regrets... clanny asked what to get, told him Stalin, but he went Plymouth...and regrets it.

[FORM]
Members
2,208 posts
13,223 battles

I have the Bourg, she's a beast in randoms. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts

Somers may come back someday. If it was a doubleloon ship I would buy her instantly. But it will play like a Shima Lite. Not too influential in game.

Plymouth is a frankenstein. I could probably play her but she would be deleted asap on detection by human reds.

There is no point in getting into the 30K steel ships. It will take me approximately two to three years to get that much. (We don't do CB etc)

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
10,920 battles

I would recommend getting the ship that's within the class you play the most and or perform the best in, especially considering this is your first steel ship. I got Bourgogne first since I'm a BB main. I also have Black, Stalin, and Shiki now, but Bourgogne will always be my first love as far as reward ships go.

Sign in to follow this