You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WaywardVariable

Flamu Video: The graphics update in 0.10.2 looks awesome!

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
876 posts

@Gneisenau013

Are the minimum and recommended PC specs going to be updated/changed to reflect these graphical improvements? What is the lowest hardware that will run the game as of 0.10.2 and what is the recommended hardware? Surely a GTX 660 will not be sufficient to run the game on high settings at 1080p, 60fps, right?

WG Staff
1,798 posts
10,934 battles
10 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

@Gneisenau013

Are the minimum and recommended PC specs going to be updated/changed to reflect these graphical improvements? What is the lowest hardware that will run the game as of 0.10.2 and what is the recommended hardware? Surely a GTX 660 will not be sufficient to run the game on high settings at 1080p, 60fps, right?

This page gets updated on a regular basis if there are any updates to hardware/platform specs:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/system-requirements/

From the looks of it, your set up is "recommended" for GPU so you should be able to run the game at high.

Give it a try and see how it performs.

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,283 posts

Running a well aged GTX 1070 and the game runs very smooth at 130ish frames per second at 1080p. The graphics are def one of the best Wows has ever had . PT server looks amazing

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,843 posts
4,285 battles
53 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

@Gneisenau013

Performance is not affected by these changes (no, I don't know how that's possible either but I guess they have some people who really know what they're doing at WG). So whatever you're running the game at now will be the same after the patch.

As for your GPU, it might not run max settings at 60fps, but I'm betting it will do pretty high settings with no issues. My laptop 1050ti could push 40-50 FPS at 1440p, most dedicated GPUs have no problems. This game is made to run on potatos, semi-decent hardware has zero problems.

[WOLF7]
Members
876 posts
38 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Performance is not affected by these changes (no, I don't know how that's possible either but I guess they have some people who really know what they're doing at WG). So whatever you're running the game at now will be the same after the patch.

As for your GPU, it might not run max settings at 60fps, but I'm betting it will do pretty high settings with no issues. My laptop 1050ti could push 40-50 FPS at 1440p, most dedicated GPUs have no problems. This game is made to run on potatos, semi-decent hardware has zero problems.

No, I currently have a GTX 970 in my PC, but I have a GTX 660 (the recommended settings GPU) in storage and I am thinking of installing it to see if it could really do 60 fps at 1080p high settings, which I HIGHLY doubt it could. The GTX 660 is more of a 900p and 720p GPU.

[ARC]
Members
1,072 posts
11,482 battles

3 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, that's definitely a work well done. Or it could be that the previous/current effects had some optimization problems that they took care of in this change. 

[ICOP]
Members
1 post
5,665 battles

Yep - even though they announced the end of Mac support awhile back, it was working better than ever until this update. Now it's officially broken on Mac. I hope your new graphics was worth losing some long-standing, loyal Mac players...