You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lose_dudes

Here's why wg doesn't listen to whiners

42 comments in this topic

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles

Long long ago, WoWP had whiners, just like we do. In fact, they were even more toxic than WOT whiners, possibly because of the elevated oxygen levels.

And these whiners whined about EVERYTHING. They cried about bomber turrets, they wawaed about GAA armor, they moped about matchmaker. And what did WG do? Fix, of course! After all, the requests seemed perfectly reasonable... to the whiners. They were the only ones who benefited. And finally, it cumulated into the Matchmaker fix.

Now, I'm not saying the MM update was BAD, no, it was pretty good, actually. It's just that the cost--killing the game--- was a little too much, and adding bots didn't really help because most of the whiners already left for wot.

The warplanes community staggered on, slowly gaining traction, but we will probably never beat wot. One wonders how WOT can still be so popular after 50% of the population claims they uninstalled from cash grabs every patch.

Edited by Lose_dudes
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

they were even more toxic than WOT whiners, possibly because of the elevated oxygen leve;s.

ROFLWTIME! :cap_like:

The fact of the matter is, I suspect nobody really listens to whiners except other whiners, in my experience rational people tend to just laugh at them and move on.

Whiners being those people that are serial complainers and seem to cherry pick anything that could be remotely viewed as an excuse to complain.

Happy Sailing! 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
1 minute ago, WaywardVariable said:

ROFLWTIME! :cap_like:

The fact of the matter is, I suspect nobody really listens to whiners except other whiners, in my experience rational people tend to just laugh at them and move on.

Whiners being those people that are serial complainers and seem to cherry pick anything that could be remotely viewed as an excuse to complain.

Happy Sailing! 

I even made a comic, called ping times.

title text: You obviously don't see the blatant money grab with tech trees.

negativity.png

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles

Scientists speculate the whiners were wiped out 65 million seconds ago by an extraterrestrial object, possibly an asteroid. The current meta took 31.5 million years to evolve.

• Boring 2

Beta Testers
946 posts
11,924 battles
18 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Long long ago, WoWP had whiners, just like we do. In fact, they were even more toxic than WOT whiners, possibly because of the elevated oxygen levels.

And these whiners whined about EVERYTHING. They cried about bomber turrets, they wawaed about GAA armor, they moped about matchmaker. And what did WG do? Fix, of course! After all, the requests seemed perfectly reasonable... to the whiners. They were the only ones who benefited. And finally, it cumulated into the Matchmaker fix.

Now, I'm not saying the MM update was BAD, no, it was pretty good, actually. It's just that the cost--killing the game--- was a little too much, and adding bots didn't really help because most of the whiners already left for wot.

The warplanes community staggered on, slowly gaining traction, but we will probably never beat wot. One wonders how WOT can still be so popular after 50% of the population claims they uninstalled from cash grabs every patch.

WOWp was a great game doomed by bad balance. It Died because WG could not balance it.  The average casual thought he could pick any plane and compete which just wasnt true. There was a certain class that could choose when it fought and when it didnt, had the best firepower, and the easiest way to apply that firepower. WG refused to make changes and the population quickly died to the point that there werent 300 humans playing the game during primetime. It had nothing to do with whining.

If you wanted to win... A LOT. All you had to do was pick the correct class and a particular nation or two. 

If you wanted to lose A LOT. Pick anything else.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,501 posts

No need to move. Tether USB Smartphone get fiber direct to you. Pings down into the 20's Our ISP is building fiber direct to bedroom soon. Whoo hoo. Something on the order of one gigabit per second. Move a feature film in 4 minutes.

There are always whiners in game.

Loved the new coined term by the Op... "Wawaed" it might make it into the english dictionary next year if it's in common use.

Wows does not balance crap. What they DO do is remove powerful ships that do well in battle.

Edited by xHeavy

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,079 battles

Pretty sure WoWP died because they redesigned the flight model in beta. Made it way more arcady and smushed combat altitudes together. 

Any population after that was just a fraction of the population of other wg titles. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,501 posts

Airplane combat games are not.

If you had to replicate physics of airflow over a given wing in a extreme combat situation for all planes, you need a super computer.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
5 minutes ago, Velled said:

WOWp was a great game doomed by bad balance. It Died because WG could not balance it.  The average casual thought he could pick any plane and compete which just wasnt true. There was a certain class that could choose when it fought and when it didnt, had the best firepower, and the easiest way to apply that firepower. WG refused to make changes and the population quickly died to the point that there werent 300 humans playing the game during primetime. It had nothing to do with whining.

If you wanted to win... A LOT. All you had to do was pick the correct class and a particular nation or two. 

If you wanted to lose A LOT. Pick anything else.

If the so-called 'dominant heavy-fighter meta' is a thing, I'm not seeing a lot of it. You obviously don't play the game, otherwise you would not make statements like these.

• Meh 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
6 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

No need to move. Tether USB Smartphone get fiber direct to you. Pings down into the 20's Our ISP is building fiber direct to bedroom soon. Whoo hoo. Something on the order of one gigabit per second. Move a feature film in 4 minutes.

There are always whiners in game.

Loved the new coined term by the Op... "Wawaed" it might make it into the english dictionary next year if it's in common use.

Wows does not balance crap. What they DO do is remove powerful ships that do well in battle.

I didn't make it up, @spiritedfoxmy did

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,277 battles
36 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

:Smile_great: Lol are people whining about whiners again?:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
946 posts
11,924 battles
11 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

If the so-called 'dominant heavy-fighter meta' is a thing, I'm not seeing a lot of it. You obviously don't play the game, otherwise you would not make statements like these.

No I dont play the game any more I played it through beta and its first year, Back before bots were introduced. Back then 5-6k population was normal during primetime. But anyone not wanting to fly american or german planes were going to have a bad time  and 99% of the population bailed. When I left it was not uncommon to only have 2 or 3 humans in a match.

[KWF]
Members
5,757 posts
7,003 battles

If there was more oxygen, wouldn't the whiners just be bigger instead of more toxic?

As for the downfall of WoWp, they also fell in direct competition with an already established game that already offered the same things more or less. In the same logic, their naval portion is in trouble as it's struggling to find it's footing against WoWs, among other issues.

Edited by warheart1992

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
4 minutes ago, Velled said:

No I dont play the game any more I played it through beta and its first year, Back before bots were introduced. Back then 5-6k population was normal during primetime. But anyone not wanting to fly american or german planes were going to have a bad time  and 99% of the population bailed. When I left it was not uncommon to only have 2 or 3 humans in a match.

Definition of Persistence Forecast

which is weird because the 1st place guy plays USSR aircraft only.

• Meh 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

If there was more oxygen, wouldn't the whiners just be bigger instead of more toxic?

Nope, whiner size doesn't depend on oxygen levels .. .

It's directly correlated to the supply of cheese & crackers.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
946 posts
11,924 battles
2 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Definition of Persistence Forecast

which is weird because the 1st place guy plays USSR aircraft only.

So the OP is talking about what killed WOWp. Not who is #1 on the leaderboard today. Im sure changes have been made. They were too late. Which is why its avg population for the last 30 days in 123 players.

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
185 posts
9,669 battles

I had over 20K games in WOT. WG wouldn't fix arty, instead added more. Left game for good 3 years ago and never looked back. In WOWS, we have CV's. Another borked mechanic. Called it whining if you must, but if they don't fix it, I see the same result in my future.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

As for the downfall of WoWp, they also fell in direct competition with an already established game that already offered the same things more or less. In the same logic, their naval portion is in trouble as it's struggling to find it's footing against WoWs, among other issues.

Yeah. We were stuck on 2.1.1 patch for quite a while, but now...

Update 2.1.4 | World of Warplanes

Update 2.1.3 | World of Warplanes

Update 2.1.2 | World of Warplanes

:Smile_great:

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
2 minutes ago, Velled said:

So the OP is talking about what killed WOWp. Not who is #1 on the leaderboard today. Im sure changes have been made. They were too late.

You can talk to these guys about being [edited] without German or US planes:

forum.worldofwarplanes.com

Edited by Lose_dudes
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
946 posts
11,924 battles
9 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

You can talk to these guys about being [edited] without German or US planes:

forum.worldofwarplanes.com

It would need to be a discussion about game mechanics from 3 years ago ... you know ... when the game died. Also looking at current stats against bots ...? Really? You might as well tout 90% coop win players here as something special.

• Cool 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
Just now, Velled said:

It would need to be a discussion about game mechanics from 3 years ago ... you know ... when the game died.

C'mon, ask them.

You'll get snickers, which is what whiners in 'planes get these days.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
3 minutes ago, Velled said:

It would need to be a discussion about game mechanics from 3 years ago ... you know ... when the game died.

You were obviously a horrible player, no offense. It seems like you only know how to fly energy fighters, and proceed assuming every other plane should be one too. Turnfighters are not 'useless', you just can't fly them, can't hit anything with the yak mrfs guns eh?

• Meh 1