You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

Stuck in Operation "in Progress"

5 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
7,755 posts
36,917 battles

Since early AM today I log in, and every time I try to open progress, or armory I get stuck in an "Operation in Progress" screen.

Had to kill the process twice, only way to exit client.

Disabled the Firewall temporarily just to test it is not a factor, and no change.

Anybody seeing this in the client? It is probably me, as it also happened now in the PT client. It was working fine yesterday night and nothing has changed on my end (to my knowledge).

What to do?

[INTEL]
Members
7,755 posts
36,917 battles

[Update] retried: Happens everywhere. Log in fine - get to the port and see the last ship I used. Go to change Flags for a battle: "Operation in Progress" forever...

I'm at a loss on what the issue is. Worked fine until yesterday  night.

WOWS_OpinProgress.png

Edited by alexf24

[INTEL]
Members
7,755 posts
36,917 battles

Come on WG!

It has been 7 hours since my first post. Problem still persists and I can't play (even on a Friday Naval Battles day).

What can I do to fix this?

[Update]: Put in the code released today. Back in Port I got a notice a mission was added. The notice cannot be closed. Pressing OK or [X] does nothing. back to killing the client.

Launched the game in Safe Mode. I do use Aslain's but have mot updated it in a week so nothing new there, and it was working fine

Safe mode did not do a thing to fix the issue.

What else to try?

Edited by alexf24

[INTEL]
Members
7,755 posts
36,917 battles

FIXED.

After two days of an open ticket, going back and forth with Tech Support, they gave me the solution.

Their tests involved disabling AVG. No change.

Finally they pointed me to IpConfig (IP Address issues). That was the key as then I knew what they were looking for.

I use a VPN and have for the 5 years playing WOWS. Never an issue. Something must have changed in 0.10.2 because the game loads, but any setup changes, or trying to add/remove signal flags, resulted in the program locking.

I then repointed the VPN to another city. Same issue. Disabled the VPN. Fixed.

Not the best solution for me, but I already have to disable VPN for one other app that does no90t like it (Amazon Prime Video). This will make two.