Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tomorrow_Grey

Commander Voices Leave me Feeling Cheated

7 comments in this topic

[BREM]
Members
6 posts
6,775 battles

I recently saw there were 2 new Dasha Perova commanders in the arsenal, and quickly bought them both. Imagine my disappointment when I entered battle with one and discovered the voice for these commanders is the default male voice.

I spent real world money so that I could hear Dasha's beautiful Russian voice while playing, and got male voices. I checked my audio settings, it's not an error.

It's always irked me that other female commanders have male voices, but since Dasha has already done voice files for the other Dasha commanders I really feel cheated here.

• Cool 3

[-VT-]
Members
803 posts
35,828 battles

I agree!

Why, TF, do female captains havew male voices at all?  I spent gold on a female captain and she has a male voice.  Can't stand to use her.  @Hapa-Fodder Why is this so?  I have mentioned this before.  Is there any chance of a rebate/return for such a transaction?

Now, I have Dasha captains as well.  Bought two, one for US and one for UK.  And they both speak Russian.  Why?  Why is she not speaking the standard language for the NA server??  Dasha seems like a smart lady.  She hooked on with WG and became the adored pinup gal for Ships.  I am CERTAIN she could learn 5 or 10 one sentence in-game announcements in the English language.  In an afternoon, even.  And, let's be honest, such from her would be even more endearing if it weren't exactly perfect (Jingles set a bar of sorts...)

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,230 posts
11,230 battles
1 hour ago, Sabene said:

I agree!

Why, TF, do female captains havew male voices at all?  I spent gold on a female captain and she has a male voice.  Can't stand to use her.  @Hapa-Fodder Why is this so?  I have mentioned this before.  Is there any chance of a rebate/return for such a transaction?

Now, I have Dasha captains as well.  Bought two, one for US and one for UK.  And they both speak Russian.  Why?  Why is she not speaking the standard language for the NA server??  Dasha seems like a smart lady.  She hooked on with WG and became the adored pinup gal for Ships.  I am CERTAIN she could learn 5 or 10 one sentence in-game announcements in the English language.  In an afternoon, even.  And, let's be honest, such from her would be even more endearing if it weren't exactly perfect (Jingles set a bar of sorts...)

Where does it say you were going to get a unique voice?

As for a refund. You clearly got what you paid for.  Not WG fault you assumed there was a voice for this.

image.thumb.png.8014532f969d52b70e3038c9b8b3a1d8.png

A bit confused about Dasha speaking Ru.  The NA videos are dubbed - FYI.   Dasha voice mod is in the mod pack, and it's free!!!

image.png.5fc133e7df98036e123f34179163280b.png

[-VT-]
Members
803 posts
35,828 battles
3 hours ago, madgiecool said:

Where does it say you were going to get a unique voice?

As for a refund. You clearly got what you paid for.  Not WG fault you assumed there was a voice for this.

I assumed that a female captain would have a female voice.  I believe that to be a reasonable assumption.  No, I did NOT get what I paid for, what I expected, what was reasonable.  In fact, the captain in question (Katrina Hash Garreth (or some such)) had a female voice in the WG promotion for her.  But she came with a male voice.

As to Dasha...she speaks russian.  Are you saying there is an english voiceover for her?  I have yet to learn of one.  In the mod pack?  What bloody mod pack?  And why do I have to go searching for such?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,664 posts
25,147 battles
1 hour ago, Sabene said:

I assumed that a female captain would have a female voice.  I believe that to be a reasonable assumption.  No, I did NOT get what I paid for, what I expected, what was reasonable.  In fact, the captain in question (Katrina Hash Garreth (or some such)) had a female voice in the WG promotion for her.  But she came with a male voice.

As to Dasha...she speaks russian.  Are you saying there is an english voiceover for her?  I have yet to learn of one.  In the mod pack?  What bloody mod pack?  And why do I have to go searching for such?

Dasha has a female Russian voice for all the captains no matter what nation. Are you sure you don't have the "National" voices disabled? That is the option that gives all captains in the game, your default language. Lets say you disable that and then use a French captain. Instead of speaking French, he will now speak English (or whatever your default language is). 

• Cool 1

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,230 posts
11,230 battles
4 hours ago, Sabene said:

Ok.  As above national voices can be enabled in the settings.  No idea what your settings are,  up to you to figure out what works best for you. 

1. Yes, there is an English voice-over for Dasha, she is dubbed in every video.  I will post one (below).
  2. Mod pack is advertised almost daily in the forums.    I mentioned the modpack for the OP who wants to hear Dasha in Ru as the mod pack can provide this for every captain.
  3. Please keep the 'bloodies' and rhetorical questions to yourself.  

• Cool 1

[BREM]
Members
6 posts
6,775 battles

Personally, I find it highly offensive that WG uses a dubbed voice for Dasha in WoWs videos on Youtube. I love Dasha's voice and am perfectly capable of reading subtitles. I also think it would be reasonable to expect new Dasha commanders to have Dasha's voice, since the others do. As for other female commanders, as far as I know all of the anime female commanders have female voices, each one unique to that commander. How hard would it be to record a single default Female Commander voice and apply it to all other female commanders. I don't care if they all have the same voice, I just think it would be nice if the ladies could have a female voice. Giving all female commanders Dasha's voice would be fine with me.

I don't want every captain to have Dasha's voice, I would just like female captains to have female voices, and male captains to have male voices. I don't think it's too much to ask for, and I realize it's not a priority to the devs. Would be nice though.

Edited by Tomorrow_Grey
oversight

Sign in to follow this