8 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
21,840 battles

So since the last update it seems if you beach, getting free now takes so much more time to engage your engines in reverse, or the terrain under the water intended for the release of the subs, it's absolute garbage, tactical beaching has been something we have done, at times, to escape torps or detection, now to do so is guaranteed death.  Ok the arguement will be made you shouldnt beach, fine I'll give you that, But this change was not anything that was passed on to the player base, rather we find out in a battle, and the first time it happens we think ok, maybe it was in a specific situation, but no it actually will happen in most situations. Am I the only one that finds this change terrible?

• Meh 1

Members
887 posts

i avoid face planting into an island if i can.....but if you have to  get out of the way of torps ...better learn to be quick at shutting down ,backing up, and turning in the right direction while backing up...

Members
4,147 posts
44,248 battles

I face planted in my Kleber recently at full speed. It was awkward getting in reverse and I am sure everyone saw it and fell out of their chairs laughing because I was at max speed. 

I hope Notser doesn't find out that I defiled one of his precious islands.

I did leave a mark. It will take WG a week to close that gap. 

This all but guarantees my next super container will have detonation flags.

Feels bad Man.:Smile_facepalm:

[GWG]
Members
7,403 posts
14,192 battles

I find it odd that when I get perma-stuck and subsequently sunk.......

Suddenly the reef becomes bottomless.

• Cool 2

[NG-NL]
Members
396 posts
10,514 battles
8 hours ago, Robert_Birdiebutt_Johnso said:

So since the last update it seems if you beach, getting free now takes so much more time to engage your engines in reverse

I didn't notice a difference. Does it happen with all ships, or only certain battleships? Head-on into the island, or getting stuck as you try to scrape past?
Can you explain how to reproduce the situation?

[CVA16]
Members
6,206 posts
19,108 battles
20 minutes ago, imaginary_b said:

or getting stuck as you try to scrape past

My worst beachings are when I ALMOST make the turn. Fishtail broadside onto the island and sometimes can't move forward or back.

[GRETA]
Members
1,384 posts
10,635 battles

Frankly running into a giant land mass should have the same effect as ramming with the only difference being only 1 ship dies.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,206 posts
19,108 battles
22 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Frankly running into a giant land mass should have the same effect as ramming with the only difference being only 1 ship dies.

IRL yes (unless you find some nice sandy beach) but IRL no navy is going to try and conduct a surface engagement with major warships in such tight confines.

On the other hand, some red/green collision damage is way too severe for what would be glancing blows/scratching the paint. While its almost a freebie for green/green T-bone collisions.

But that is the GAME.