You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG please help cruiser. Dieing to 3 fires or dead eye BB

81 comments in this topic

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

I got shot from a BB - Must be deadeye

BB camping at the back  - Must be deadeye.

As for fire protection on cruisers, I find the lower HP pool (when compared to BB) means the fires tick for less, so these are less of an issue (when compared to BB).   The better speed (generally) on cruisers generally makes it easier to get to cover and avoid fire.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

WG was warned for a long time that the skill rebork was going to be hard on cruisers... they either blew that feedback off, or didn't care.

• Cool 5

[RSL]
Members
892 posts
13,648 battles
40 minutes ago, madgiecool said:

As for fire protection on cruisers, I find the lower HP pool (when compared to BB) means the fires tick for less, so these are less of an issue (when compared to BB).   The better speed (generally) on cruisers generally makes it easier to get to cover and avoid fire.

Fire is percentage-based, so the difference in HP pools really doesn't mean anything. Each tick is still the same percent of your health.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
2,077 posts
14,269 battles

Am I like the only person in the world that doesn't get burned to death in a cruiser unless I do something stupid? Honestly please tell me how fire is such a big deal for you guys in a cruiser.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
1 minute ago, Rouxi said:

Am I like the only person in the world that doesn't get burned to death in a cruiser unless I do something stupid? Honestly please tell me how fire is such a big deal for you guys in a cruiser.

Unless it is Alaska, I can't remember the last time I died to fire in a Cruiser.

Members
4,774 posts
16,571 battles
1 minute ago, Rouxi said:

Possibly poor positioning or bad situational awareness.

I rarely get burned down while in a crusier.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

On most cruisers, it isn't -- rarely more than one fire going at a time, really, and DCP resets faster -- which is why the loss of FP for cruiser captains bugs me less than the loss of PM and BOS.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles
3 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

Fire is percentage-based, so the difference in HP pools really doesn't mean anything. Each tick is still the same percent of your health.

yes.  Fixed at 0.3% of the total HP pool.  The difference HP pools is Huge.

Example:

A full fire with no modules etc will burn 9% of total HP (for cruisers).  

1. So a Des burning will lose 4554 HP to a fire,
  2. A smaller ship e.g. Ohama will lose 2039. to a fire

Multiply this out by the number of fires e.g. 3.  Now the Des has lost 13,662 HP and an Ohama will have lost 6117.

6K damage is a hello tap from any BB.  14K is significant.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[LANCE]
Members
1,034 posts
7,502 battles

Although I don’t die to fires much in CL/CA the Supercruisers (mostly tier 9’s) have it the worst as most have the same burn as a BB

[RSL]
Members
892 posts
13,648 battles
1 minute ago, madgiecool said:

yes.  Fixed at 0.3% of the total HP pool.  The difference HP pools is Huge.

Example:

A full fire with no modules etc will burn 9% of total HP (for cruisers).  

1. So a Des burning will lose 4554 HP to a fire,
  2. A smaller ship e.g. Ohama will lose 2039. to a fire

Multiply this out by the number of fires e.g. 3.  Now the Des has lost 13,662 HP and an Ohama will have lost 6117.

6K damage is a hello tap from any BB.  14K is significant.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

Yes, the actual damage numbers will be different, but it will still be 9% of total HP per fire (excluding Graf Spee and the Supercrusiers since they have a longer duration, 45 and 60 s respectively IIRC).

The actual damage numbers mean nothing for the person burning, it only matters for the person whose damage counter is ticking up due to fire damage.

[WPORT]
Members
20,591 posts
22,563 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

remove bb's!! they are obviously broken

I thought the problem was the the cruisers were broken, and therefore under-powered?

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Members
2,077 posts
14,269 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I thought the problem was the the cruisers were broken, and therefore under-powered?

Cruisers may have problems right now but it is definitely not because of fires.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

well see the bb's can kill the cruisers with their magic monocle while the cruisers can't shoot back...   so obviously game breaking and op

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Most of the cruisers are crap anyway. I do a little bit now and then, (Marakov etc) but this is a big boy fight or bring a DD into it and sink them where they are in the back wall.

Fires? It happens.

• Meh 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
3 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Most of the cruisers are crap anyway. I do a little bit now and then, (Marakov etc) but this is a big boy fight or bring a DD into it and sink them where they are in the back wall.

Fires? It happens.

Wow what an arrogant thing to say.

You have to a card carrying member of Potato.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Wow what an arrogant thing to say.

You have to a card carrying member of Potato.

A kneejerk reaction spewing something you do not know about.

Check my stats, you will find that I own plenty of Cruisers and fight in them well enough. Sure I get sunk sometimes. They are still crap. So I only use a few good cruisers regularly.

Arrogant? HA. Not even. Just getting started for the night. Going to be a thousand miles until morning little one.

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
3 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

A kneejerk reaction spewing something you do not know about.

Check my stats, you will find that I own plenty of Cruisers and fight in them well enough. Sure I get sunk sometimes. They are still crap. So I only use a few good cruisers regularly.

Arrogant? HA. Not even. Just getting started for the night. Going to be a thousand miles until morning little one.

I dont care about your stats. When you say I am perfect and everyone else sucks. Is way to much

[SALVO]
Members
28,044 posts
41,537 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Cruisers need some help.  We have no fire protection.  And Dead eye your destroyed 20km away.

Changes need to be made.

1. Unless you're talking about super-cruisers, regular cruisers don't really worry about using fire protection skills.

2. And if you're being engaged by BBs at 20 km, it's your own fault if you're being hit by well aimed shots.  You need to be doing a better job of juking with your kiting cruisers.  And occasionally going dark for a bit to give the enemy BBs time to decide to switch targets to someone else.

3.  Changes need to be made?  Maybe in how you play cruisers in the first place.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,165 posts
15,765 battles
3 hours ago, madgiecool said:

Deadeye is the new bogeyman for most everything people think is wrong.

BB's are far more impacted by fire because for DD's & CL's to damage them they really need to use HE. Most CA's do to as most seem to forget that they have the punch to citadel many broadside BB's with their AP

• Meh 1

Members
2,096 posts
4 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Cruisers need some help.  We have no fire protection.  And Dead eye your destroyed 20km away.

Changes need to be made.

most of the time a good bb will fire HE at a cl to incapacitate your torp tubes ,,lighting up a cl isnt really worth the reload time....  bbs will try to cit you with AP... which is quicker and much more effective ...so if your getting lit up that could be why ..just to keep you from getting your torp tubes back up...

[JGG]
Members
342 posts
8,263 battles
2 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Check my stats, you will find that I own plenty of Cruisers and fight in them well enough.

Well, since you insisted we look...

No....no you don't.

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts

if you do not tow the party line you will be insulted

if you do not meet their standards of skillz you will be insulted

alternate opinions will be bludgeoned

the leet minority around here really do think they are all that 

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts
15 minutes ago, SKurj said:

if you do not tow the party line you will be insulted

if you do not meet their standards of skillz you will be insulted

alternate opinions will be bludgeoned

the leet minority around here really do think they are all that 

And so it goes. Let the insults roll.

It does not bother me any. What I wont do is dish it back fairs fair. Its toxic enough as it is.

As far as stats, I cannot be bothered to give a damn, its a attempt to stay on topic about he blessed crusiers.

If I was a destroyer or Battleship with update 10.1 I treat all cruisers as potential insta delete to be critted and dev striked with full AP. poof. Anklebiter all gone. So sad.

Edited by xHeavy