You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
paradat

New graphics effects

44 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,339 posts
17,511 battles

WOW! WG this looks Amazing!

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 2

[LEGIO]
Members
3,511 posts
8,464 battles

Does look a lot nicer, any word on when 0.10.2 is expected for general release?

I just wish you could get those walls of tracers coming up you sometimes see in that other game or flight sims.

Nice shot of a Colbert firing there, until it plowed into a bunch of rocks. :cap_hmm:

[KWF]
Members
5,805 posts
7,013 battles

The Graphics and Modelling Department have been carrying the game for quite a while. Glad to see them doing that good a job again.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,852 posts
3,455 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

The Graphics and Modelling Department have been carrying the game for quite a while. Glad to see them doing that good a job again.

Yep. Looks very nice.

• Meh 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,374 posts
13,741 battles

Did they give detonation its proper effect? Like really, REALL, BIG BOOM?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SYN]
Members
15,933 posts
12,803 battles

Now you can really enjoy watching your ship being blown up by bombers.

• Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,374 posts
13,741 battles
Just now, MrDeaf said:

Now you can really enjoy watching your ship being blown up by bombers.

The torp impact splashes are great. ngl.

• Meh 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,394 posts
4,930 battles

Currently installing PTS, have to check this out myself. I am wondering though, how they pulled off having no performance hits. To me this indicates that they might have updated/optimized some underlying coding (maybe in line with dropping Mac support?), or fixed some bugs.

One thing that stood out to me, however, is how neglected in some ways the maps in WOWS are. The water looks good, lighting effects are great and add to the atmosphere, and the ships - especially with the new effects - look awesome for the most part. The geometry and textures of the islands on the maps could use some love too though. Some look rather low-res and the polygon count is average at best. I know the game is supposed to run on a potato, but having more options like being able to use very high-res textures and higher polygon counts would be really nice.

But hey, glad to see that the art department is still carrying hard, as usual.

[WOLF8]
Members
709 posts
9,488 battles

Very purty, yes, but am I gonna have to upgrade my 1 year old PC??

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,810 posts
12,634 battles
4 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

These changes, depending on individual computer configurations and game settings, will not affect performance, but at peak loads will improve it significantly.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/bulletin-0102/

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,843 posts
4,285 battles
48 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Does look a lot nicer, any word on when 0.10.2 is expected for general release?

I just wish you could get those walls of tracers coming up you sometimes see in that other game or flight sims.

Nice shot of a Colbert firing there, until it plowed into a bunch of rocks. :cap_hmm:

WG runs on a 4 week cycle, I think 10.1 came in mid Feb, so Mid March for 10.2. Two or three weeks then.

[PVE]
Members
108 posts
3,314 battles

It looks great. Can't wait to see it in person,  but does anybody know why they limit world of warships to 75 frames per second?

There's no option to run it faster if you want. You used to be able to go into engine config and up it to whatever frame rate your monitor was, but after this patch it doesn't work anymore.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

WOW! WG this looks Amazing!

Hope these new features aren't confined to optimum graphics settings; this is amazing...

[WOLF1]
Members
16 posts
24,617 battles

OK didnt know what to expect the waves in the current patch are a little wonky sometimes in their direction etc. but WOW wargaming got this totally right. I only have a 4gb graphics card and it looks better than before and no performance hits. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
49 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

I am on the PTS right now checking it out.  I am seeing no performance drop in frames per second.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,852 posts
3,455 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

I am on the PTS right now checking it out.  I am seeing no performance drop in frames per second.

Me too and...... I don't know. The fire effect is very very nice, the citadel explosions are dope but the torps....their wake is now much smaller. I didn't play enough ( 3 coops) to properly judge, but it seems to me that it will be harder to judge their trajectory. And their impact its seems ...disconnected somehow.The effect/animation itself is dope but....somehow doesn't feel connected. It is more ..."cartoonish" and less "dramatic"

Edit: Btw PTS was always much better looking, the perspective somehow was always  much better than on the live server. I even tried to copy over some configs to the live client  (almost earning me a ban for it)

1 hour ago, Drew358 said:

OK didnt know what to expect the waves in the current patch are a little wonky.....

This. With the current patch the water became somehow directional like a flow of a river and made ships look like they were skidding skating on ice Without a point of reference( like an island or landmass)  is very confusing, preventing the "immersion" In a "lolz what a...." kinda way

Edited by Bandi73

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,270 posts
12,232 battles

Looks great graphics and modeling department have always been super I really hope I can see the changes on my computer .  I can only play the game on low settings on my computer till I can get the kids through college and finally bye a new one  .

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,339 posts
17,511 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

Really, I'm more interested in the quality of gameplay than ribbons and bows on the graphics.

I always like both when I can get it.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,189 posts
19,067 battles
28 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Looks great graphics and modeling department have always been super I really hope I can see the changes on my computer .  I can only play the game on low settings on my computer 

Me too, sigh.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
10,252 battles

Made a short video showing more of that AA action

You can time stamp to 2:50 to see some kamikaze action

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Really, I'm more interested in the quality of gameplay than ribbons and bows on the graphics.

Eh, the game was due for an eye candy update and graphics is usually a separate department, their work doesn't take away time from other departments.   I will take it for sure.