Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Percyw

What to do w MIA clan commander?

15 comments in this topic

[SVU]
Members
25 posts
7,558 battles

Our clan commander, good guy that he is, has not logged in for over 200 days, so we cannot do any management in the clan and are unable to contact the missing player to ask him to hand off to someone else.  WG says none of their business.  Any suggestions either for how to contact a missing player or to fix the clan commander transfer issue otherwise?

Members
559 posts
12,364 battles

When I was looking at some clans a couple weeks ago I saw one of the more prominent clans commander' has been away for over 700 days. Hope you can get help.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,937 posts

There should be an XO with the potential to help out. The commander is not the only one with management capabilities. 

Hope you get it sorted.

[SVU]
Members
25 posts
7,558 battles

Unfortunately, XO has been away 150 days as well.  One commissioned officer away for close to 300 days.  I'm the lonesome recruiter who does not want to recruit anyone under these conditions.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,937 posts
37 minutes ago, Percyw said:

Unfortunately, XO has been away 150 days as well.  One commissioned officer away for close to 300 days.  I'm the lonesome recruiter who does not want to recruit anyone under these conditions.

Make your own clan then . If the intrest in the game has faded for them . Maybe it's your turn to head up a new clan .

That's an idea.

Members
873 posts
14,547 battles

FYI: Even if the Commander gave you or anyone else the clan authority, or even said here take it over. They can come back at anytime, put in a ticket, and WG will hand it back to them without question regardless of what you or any other member say or might have done with the clan. 

The question you're asking, there is no real for way WG or anyone else for that matter to contact someone MIA. There is nothing really there except an accounts e-mail.   

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,783 posts
14,443 battles
1 hour ago, Percyw said:

Sadly, this means your clan is dead. The best thing you can do is try to find an active clan that matches your former clan's expectations and has enough room to absorb your remaining active members.

[_TKS_]
[_TKS_]
Members
1,498 posts
16,182 battles
3 hours ago, Percyw said:

Our clan commander, good guy that he is, has not logged in for over 200 days,

your farming oil for a dead clan.  gather your remaining players and herd them into an active clan.  so that your resource gathering means something. Your treasury is useless to you in that clan. 

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
7 hours ago, Percyw said:

Our clan commander, good guy that he is, has not logged in for over 200 days, so we cannot do any management in the clan and are unable to contact the missing player to ask him to hand off to someone else.  WG says none of their business.  Any suggestions either for how to contact a missing player or to fix the clan commander transfer issue otherwise?

If you have an XO they should have the ability to carry out most of the functions of the commander.

In extreme cases, you can try reaching out to the support team and explain the situation.

They don't get involved with clan politics but may be able to assist with extended MIA clan commanders. No guarantees though.

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1

[SVU]
Members
25 posts
7,558 battles

Thanks, everyone.  It looks like the point is captured in the phrase "you're farming oil for a dead clan".  It's sad, after having built up some resources, but seems that's the way it is.  I had not thought about "I hope they are okay", but these days it is a good point.  All of the missing are good players, and it is strange for them to just disappear.  Anyway, onward.

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
33 minutes ago, littlefishdestroyer said:

Will WG help assign a clan commander, maybe the original Clan Commander

WG will step in only if the commander is MIA for 90 days minimum... From there...

• The clan has to agree on a replacement
  • The successor needs to send a ticket to CS requesting the promotion by absentee...
    • Usually it only takes 2 to 4 hours.

That is it... simple easy and painless...

Sign in to follow this