You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST, Axis vs coalition

129 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
5,832 posts
7,025 battles

I would absolutely love it and it's been asked for some time. If only it weren't for the Allies having all the Radars. :Smile_sad:

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
508 posts
19,865 battles

What the game needs are a variety of things to do with our ships both PvP and PvE, I applaud this new idea

• Cool 1

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles

Good start but I think it needs to be expanded into lower tiers cause there's a lot of historic ships there.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[P33DZ]
Members
5 posts
3,996 battles

This game mode sounds awesome.

However, it is going to highlight the massive discrepancy in capability and utility among ships from different nations, which I think is good and terrible at the same time since there is a very high chance that nothing will be done about it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

great idea...  though unfortunately as the ship lists show this too heavily favors premium ships...

this is not for f2p's

• Boring 1

[USN]
Members
1,529 posts
20,505 battles

Only ships built in reality are allowed.

So anything Soviet doesn’t count then?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 2

[SPTR]
Members
27,344 posts
17,603 battles

The idea is good, but team balance would be a major factor. I suggest making RU, France and Italy to be able to be put on axis as well as allies since they technically saw WWII on both sides or look for another era and should it be historic ships only or not like for example:

Nato vs Warsaw Pact but only with ships built after WWII or were a WWII or late war design.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,361 posts
10,490 battles

Nice if you could also offer this as a PVE event...

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,852 posts
4,300 battles
31 minutes ago, SKurj said:

great idea...  though unfortunately as the ship lists show this too heavily favors premium ships...

this is not for f2p's

It seems to be all T8s that historically participated in WWII. And there's a lot of premiums at T8. It's not so much that tech tree ships are excluded, but that there are a LOT of historical T8 premium ships.

Well, except for the Russians, pretty sure the two cruisers weren't around for the war, not sure about the DD.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

It seems to be all T8s that historically participated in WWII. And there's a lot of premiums at T8. It's not so much that tech tree ships are excluded, but that there are a LOT of historical T8 premium ships.

Well, except for the Russians, pretty sure the two cruisers weren't around for the war, not sure about the DD.

agreed i can see why the ships are included, its a problem weegee created for themselves

perhaps for this event is a good time to add them as rentals so players can play them in the new mode and then buy them after at a discount.....    

• Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,606 posts
11,119 battles

A few things:

1) Only Allied ships have access to radar, which will be a huge advantage. Honestly, the simplest way to deal with this discrepancy would be to base the teams on where things stood in early 1940, when a good argument can be made to add Soviet ships to the Axis side (just hand-waving the fact the Americans were not officially involved until Dec 1941). Of course, given the locale where this game is developed I highly doubt this will occur.

2) The restriction to only ships that were built in reality seems unneeded and arbitrary.

Also, the inclusion of Oland amuses me.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[INTEL]
Members
7,760 posts
36,971 battles

Very nice idea but the one-sided radar power makes it unbalanced.

Would work better at lower tiers (basically no radar), say T4-T7

As for favoring USN-IJN as someone said, I do not see that as a problem as it can be balanced the way it is described in the Blog, (except for radar). Same with Premiums being allowed. I do not see that as an issue as usually Premiums are not more powerful, other than allowing to place 21-point Captains.

[PDCB]
Members
516 posts
9,425 battles

Overall this game mode looks promising despite some controversial choices like:

Öland is a Swedish destroyer, and Sweden was neutral during the conflict.

Pan-Asian destroyers and the Irian are post-ww2 ships

• Cool 3

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
  1. wasn't Sweden neutral (Oland)?
  2. isn't this event heavily skewed in favour of premiums (a ratio of 2:1)?
  3. allies have radar, Click2prize and awesome AA, axis must have something but I find it hard to put a finger on it.
  4. too many of these ships were built post 1945, and did not take part in any sort of Axis/Allies coalition.
  5. this all seems rather tryhard, as though WG are trying hard to convince somebody/something that WOWS is historical and not in fact a fictional idéalization of a middle age bloke's ego and worldview.
  6. Tier 8 is not the best tier for such an event, tiers 6 and 7 would offer greater numbers of built "real" ships, and fewer balance problems.
  7. ... compiling further complaints...
Edited by WhereAreTheIndianCaptains?
  • Cool 3

[AZUR1]
Members
193 posts
4,571 battles

The idea is very good.

Need to implement this mode to Test Server now, and see what you can do to improve it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

take it down to t4...  :) ok likely doesn't offer the same financial possibilities for weegee...

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Members
3,071 posts
8,319 battles

lmbo, poor Axis doesn't have any overmatch BBs, and T8 is a truly unfortunate choice for tier, this is gonna be USN spam for sure.

• Boring 1

[GNOME]
Beta Testers
142 posts
6,877 battles

I regret that I agree with everybody else here.  It looks fun, but the Axis will be completely overmatched.

1. The Axis has no team utility ships at all.

2. Would be better moved down to tier 6 or 7 I think.  Better balance between factions down there and more options overall, so more fun for everybody.

3. Pan-European doesn't really belong.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,316 battles
25 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

lmbo, poor Axis doesn't have any overmatch BBs, and T8 is a truly unfortunate choice for tier, this is gonna be USN spam for sure.

:Smile_great:Umm  Japan was one of the Axis allies was it not? That being the case Yamato would have had more overmatch than any other  BB would she not?image.png.7b093650d487576e284f32210979916c.pngMind you she was only one ship but still................................................................:Smile_amazed:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Meh 3

[WOLFG]
Members
132 posts
19,431 battles

Sounds cool. I will check it out for sure if implemented. I think it’s okay to be all Tier 8 the first time around but if it is successful maybe open it up to multiple Tiers to catch more historical ships. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,943 posts
18,391 battles

Very nice, well done Hapa. Please send congrats to you coworkers over this as well. :cap_like:

• Cool 1