You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RoaringGun

Defeat Spree Rage

41 comments in this topic

[KIDOB]
Members
6 posts
5,459 battles

What do you do when all you get is defat for the whole day. Teams that get stomped in less than 10 minutes over and over. I am really becoming unsure how to work this one out as it happens more often after the captain rework.:cap_viking: 

• Cool 3

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles

Take a break. Sometimes it just isn't your day, and trying to power through that frustration usually only leads to more frustration. I've been there, and I hope that your luck turns soon.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
522 posts
17,354 battles

Hit my desk, say some regrettable things in chat, remember that tomorrow the MM will overcompensate and I'll get like 90% wins.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[BB_B]
Members
87 posts
1,022 battles

I have pretty much stayed in co-op since the rework.  Still having fun there, just not as many exp and rewards.  Takes longer to do stuff, but it gets done, especially when you need to win battles.

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,099 battles

Take a break

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,871 posts
9,744 battles

Take a break from the game. Or play something low-stakes and different from what you usually do. Drop down to lower tiers. Switch ship type. I am a destroyer main and mostly play at Tier IX if I don't have something I need to grind.

Took a break today and played New York all the way through New Mexico, my first time through the US BB lines. I think I actually won seven Randoms in a row and topped the team half the time. Don't really like the ship much, but when you just play to try something new and are not real concerned about grinding hard or winning, you have a lot more fun.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,512 posts

I walk.

Maybe I'll be back, maybe not.

There are other games that are fulfilling to run. It wont be the first game that Ive left behind. At the moment I just do a dab of coop and maybe a little operation. Everything else is not motivational at all. Or rewarding enough. Thats been stomped by updates recently.

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,355 battles
3 hours ago, bfree_gmm1 said:

I have pretty much stayed in co-op since the rework.  Still having fun there, just not as many exp and rewards.  Takes longer to do stuff, but it gets done, especially when you need to win battles.

This.

Basically been Co-op since 0.8.0, and not because I hate carriers; I like carriers; I just hate the rework.

• Cool 2

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
4 hours ago, RoaringGun said:

What do you do when all you get is defat for the whole day. Teams that get stomped in less than 10 minutes over and over. I am really becoming unsure how to work this one out as it happens more often after the captain rework.:cap_viking: 

:cap_like:Always take a note what time do you play....Because the EULA players sometimes flood high tiers or mid and you feel like your team is like a BOT or BOT play smarter than them.

Avoid that hour hehhe

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

coop, ops.. 

you don't need to care what anyone else does on your team or the opponents

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
8 hours ago, RoaringGun said:

Remember it's just a game and assuming you're putting in your best effort each match and trying to learn from your mistakes, there is nothing more you can do

IMHO streaks happen (both good and bad) and getting upset doesn't help anything (just makes you play worse), going off in chat on your team mates just makes you appear immature and taking it personally is just asking for trouble in future matches.

If things get too frustrating, just take a break, try to determine what you can learn from it and come back later. 

Happy Sailing! 

• Thanks 1

[KIDOB]
Members
6 posts
5,459 battles
10 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Reset your server by shutting down your game and restarting.

Can you elaborate? Will this help with MM? Fascinating!

[KIDOB]
Members
6 posts
5,459 battles
6 hours ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

:cap_like:Always take a note what time do you play....Because the EULA players sometimes flood high tiers or mid and you feel like your team is like a BOT or BOT play smarter than them.

Avoid that hour hehhe

What hours are those I am on Central Time NA

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,049 battles
10 hours ago, bfree_gmm1 said:

And the people tend to be nicer in co-op. If you derp it up, everyone will laugh with you instead of at you. 

• Cool 3

[V1-PI]
Members
435 posts
10,128 battles

i went to mostly co-op more than a year ago. randoms were not fun and i still don't see them as much fun. i would love it if we got more opperations to play maybe with a historical bent. 

if i'm playing randoms or ranked and i get 3 losses in a row i play another game. borderlands or battletech right now , but anything else. 

the server thing is if you restart the game it might reset some of the RNG numbers the game set up for you. i can't prove it 1 way or another. 

good luck sir. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,782 posts
10,933 battles

I bought a stuffed cat at a garage sale I can kick.

Let's me vent and not get killed in my sleep by my kids (or a real cat).

[ARGSY]
Members
679 posts
10,851 battles
11 hours ago, RoaringGun said:

It happens. Usually the problem ends up on me because I start pressing and then play bad. I just take a few days off. That works for me. A couple of times I have stayed away for a month or more. Try it. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i started shouting at Alexa yesterday when I had to tell it 3 times to turn the TV on...  it almost got smashed...

[SALVO]
Members
3,095 posts
7,076 battles
11 hours ago, RoaringGun said:

After 3 straight / hard losses evaluate your own play in an honest manner. Are you playing top of your game?  If not stop playing for the day or for a few hours to allow your mind to get to a better more focused place.      If you are playing top of your game maybe its worth continuing.  Personally I always stop after 3 hard losses , I simply get too tilted. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 2

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
31 minutes ago, eviltane said:

After 3 straight / hard losses evaluate your own play in an honest manner. Are you playing top of your game?  If not stop playing for the day or for a few hours to allow your mind to get to a better more focused place.      If you are playing top of your game maybe its worth continuing.  Personally I always stop after 3 hard losses , I simply get too tilted. 

That's GREAT advice, IMHO it's difficult to do sometimes but it will work wonders on improving your gameplay and enjoyment.

[KIDOB]
Members
6 posts
5,459 battles
50 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Great advice! I take a break but for an hour. Sometimes for couple days. I really enjoy the game, it is interesting when I play BBs and CAs I don't get that worked up after a loss but in DDs which I play the most, my blood starts boiling hahahaha!

Members
1,531 posts
3 hours ago, RoaringGun said:

Can you elaborate? Will this help with MM? Fascinating!

When you change servers you change the members on said server.

Shutting down your game resets the server your on to a different server.

[KIDOB]
Members
6 posts
5,459 battles

I am normally more relaxed playing BBs and CAs but with DDs I feel more frustrated in such situations. Playing DDs is rewarding when there is a decent MM line up and it is horrible when your team dies in less than 5 minutes and it's just you and the CV left. This has happened more than 20 times in the past months after the rework.

[DRY]
Members
186 posts
17 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

When you change servers you change the members on said server.

Shutting down your game resets the server your on to a different server.

So are you suggesting switching to an account on a different regional server (i.e. from NA to EU), or are you supposing that there is more than one NA server each with different groups of players.

I have been under the impressing that the game only has one server in each region.

Edited by ProfessorLumpy