You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OuijaApologist

Dead Eye summed up in one screenshot

47 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,969 posts
16,974 battles

Your screen shot proves nothing, and I also don't like the Deadeye captain skill.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 2

[ABCD3]
Beta Testers
63 posts
2,749 battles

its amazing the mental gymnastics people jump thru to defend this company sometimes. Of COURSE its from deadeye. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 8

[TF16A]
Modder
681 posts
847 battles
9 minutes ago, Suzutsuki_Kai said:

deadeye sum up is a potato at 30km magically hitting you with one turret.

Even Roma? :Smile_teethhappy:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
12 minutes ago, Suzutsuki_Kai said:

nah that doesnt sum up deadeye

Like... they're throwing the turrets at each other ? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,876 posts
14,882 battles
27 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Your screen shot proves nothing, and I also don't like the Deadeye captain skill.

I don't like it either because it gets shut down easily.

25 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

There is also a BB event currently running, and battleships have always been the most played type.

This, whenever a line is released the game becomes World of (whatever line is being released).

24 minutes ago, pcgamer001 said:

its amazing the mental gymnastics people jump thru to defend this company sometimes. Of COURSE its from deadeye. 

It is amazing the mental gymnastics that people do to blame something. Yes, Deadeye is the current flavor of the month for BB's but it is not the reason the queue has more BB's than normal, it is the Italian BB release. I think that once the shine wears off Deadeye that a lot of people will spec out of it because it is a depressingly boring play style. In fact back row camping is a depressingly boring play style.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
871 posts
34 minutes ago, Suzutsuki_Kai said:

nah that doesnt sum up deadeye

deadeye sum up is a potato at 30.3 km skillfully setting your mustache on fire with 2 turrets ..

since no reference to being a back line humper was made , i will assume  since you only got your mustache pulled by one turret and not burned off by two turrets they didnt unleash the dead eye 

Edited by arch4random
no reason

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles

Battleships have always been the most popular ships in the game, even at Launch.  You guys should have seen things when Tirpitz came out about 1-2 months after Launch, we used to have Random Battles where both teams were almost all Tipitz, a.k.a. "Tirpocalypse."  Scharnhorst came out when the German BBs launched and she took over the game, too.  German Battleships dominated for a good while.

Also, you'll see player ship use fluctuate depending on events, missions, and of course, new line releases.

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles

Desperate attempt to prove a vague point is desperate (and proves nothing).

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,954 posts
5,510 battles

Dude, BBs overpopulation goes back months, if not years

[KAPPA]
Members
1,446 posts
8,165 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You guys should have seen things when Tirpitz came out about 1-2 months after Launch, we used to have Random Battles where both teams were almost all Tipitz, a.k.a. "Tirpocalypse."  Scharnhorst came out when the German BBs launched and she took over the game, too.  German Battleships dominated for a good while.

Ahh, yes I remember it well.  Those were some hilarious times. I was also around for the second coming of the Tirpocalypse, when they put it back in the shop after a significant absence. It was pretty much just as insane.

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
448 posts
6,242 battles

Yeah I bet this never happened before DE was even a thing

The mental gymnastics tho. The absolute state of this community.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,860 posts
23,833 battles
5 hours ago, pcgamer001 said:

There's nothing to defend...the only thing "summed up in (that) one screenshot" (& this thread) is that the OP heard...

5 hours ago, OuijaApologist said:

dead.thumb.png.a4305fcda8fe4c8e1eebf047e81ead25.png

...that Roma was 1 of the big winners from the Deadeye skill (quite frankly...I was expecting a screenshot of 1 of OP's dev struck cruisers...that would have actually fit the title)...

But...I will concede that 80% of the BBs in that match (just like every other match) were probably camping in the back...but...

I'll also bet that 80% of those BBs camping in the back don't even have Deadeye...

...because most players don't come to the forums & aren't aware what Deadeye actually does (-10% dispersion...what's that mean? Oh...it makes that stat lower when you click on it...what's that stat mean? Aren't bigger numbers better?)...just like they aren't aware that there is a set post battle repair cost per tier each battle so they hide in the back (& run away at the end) so they don't have to pay more for repairs...because they don't realize they don't have to).

But seeing as most of them don't have a Roma...you can pretty much bet that any Roma you see in battle hanging in the back probably has Deadeye...as for most of the rest of them... they're just afraid of running out of credits by dying so quickly from pushing up.

Members
5,651 posts
10,985 battles

The game has been BB heavy since the last Dockyard event since it is easier to do BBs to get the missions done.  Many of the same people will be playing BBs for the same reason with the Italian BB line released.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,817 posts
2,663 battles
9 hours ago, OuijaApologist said:

I can sum up the majority of responses so far with a gif.

tenor (2).gif

Do... do you actually believe things like this never happened before Deadeye was introduced?

[ARGSY]
Members
23,379 posts
17,307 battles
10 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I think that once the shine wears off Deadeye that a lot of people will spec out of it because it is a depressingly boring play style.

I think you might be missing why some people take it.

In the early part of the engagement, BB shots are necessarily going to be made at longer ranges and you want the early hits to count as much as possible.

In the midgame, you move in and fight as the situation demands, regardless of whether deadeye is active or not.

Deliberatley manoeuvring in such a way as to keep it active at the cost of reacting less optimally to the tactical situation is just straight-out bad BB play.

3 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Do... do you actually believe things like this never happened before Deadeye was introduced?

I hope he doesn't, because it doesn't say much for him if he does.