Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dEsTurbed1

4 carriers in 1 match...WG I invite you to NA to have fun

101 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,846
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,491 posts
22,872 battles

Their is no way for surface ships tier 3 to 7 to enjoy 4 cv matches...

Please come play the na server and enjoy being screwed. 

3 out of 4 tier 6 battles....

Tier 8 n tier 6 cv....

So much fun in an Italian tier 6 bb....

  • Cool 9
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
276
[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,788 battles
6 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Their is no way for surface ships tier 3 to 7 to enjoy 4 cv matches...

Please come play the na server and enjoy being screwed. 

It is okay. We can help, in 6 easy steps -

Step 1: Take T3-T7 IJN DD

Step 2: Set up chosen DD for maximum stealth and torpedo damage.

Step 3: Load game expecting Dual Red CVs every time. 

Step 4: Press “P” to turn off AA. Avoid the initial air sweep for DDs. Recognize that when you start capping in the first 90 seconds of the match you are screaming “Hey CV...HEY CV! I’m over here!!!)

Step 5: Proceed to sink all Red CVs and a few others en route, while racking up spotting damage and cap points.

Step 6: Thank Super for bringing back WoWS gratification in the era of CVs.

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,634
[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,079 battles
2 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

It is okay. We can help, in 6 easy steps -

Step 1: Take T3-T7 IJN DD

Step 2: Set up chosen DD for maximum stealth and torpedo damage.

Step 3: Load game expecting Dual Red CVs every time. 

Step 4: Press “P” to turn off AA. Avoid the initial air sweep for DDs. Recognize that when you start capping in the first 90 seconds of the match you are screaming “Hey CV...HEY CV! I’m over here!!!)

Step 5: Proceed to sink all Red CVs and a few others en route, while racking up spotting damage and cap points.

Step 6: Thank Super for bringing back WoWS gratification in the era of CVs.

I would prefer having a ship with enough AA that CVs would be afraid of getting too close. 

 

But thats just me, I dont like to depend on the enemy cv being so bad that they cant stop a DD with no AA from sinking them. 

  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,303
[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
10 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Their is no way for surface ships tier 3 to 7 to enjoy 4 cv matches...

This one was before the skill rework, but I think the essentials are all there. One of my more nail-biting but still enjoyable battles. All T6, Ranger and Ryujo on each team, my ship is a valium-addicted slug...

Here's one in the Nurnberg. Not my best ever in this ship (that one is lost to the mists of time), but one of my favourites.

 I reject your statement, as any hypothesis MUST by definition fail in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Hyperbole is the enemy of a good argument and one of the last resorts of the desperate.

  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,092
[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles

I’d rather face two CVs than four DDs. :dance_turtle:

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
754
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts

Easy there tumbleweed.

This is how you break any number of carriers...

Get Japanese Destroyers, TEAM up with other Humans with same thing. 3, 4 or 5 destroyers. You routinely swept 2 or 3 CV's clean sunk in randoms this way.

Go hunting, Yer all late already. Times wasting.

If against human carriers, take turns smoking across the way. All of you under each other smoke will never be seen never be hit even if the Wicked Witch of the West sent ten thousand monkeys after you.

Edited by xHeavy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
276
[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,788 battles
8 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

I would prefer having a ship with enough AA that CVs would be afraid of getting too close. 

 

But thats just me, I dont like to depend on the enemy cv being so bad that they cant stop a DD with no AA from sinking them. 

This reminds me: I was always curious that at, or around the same time of the CV rework,  good AA ships seemed to be...neutered. Texas, and to an extent Hood come to mind. I would love to know (and play) a good sub T6 AA ship now. 

Also, a well played stealth DD can still get through even on good CV players. A lot of times use of friendly “AA bubbles” during their DD sweeps early secure your path. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,846
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,491 posts
22,872 battles

Give back aft for AA....

Make Texas and Atlanta feared again.

  • Cool 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
966
Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
13 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I’d rather face two CVs than four DDs. :dance_turtle:

The difference is your DD can counter the red DD but your CV can't counter the red CV.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,454
[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
36 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Their is no way for surface ships tier 3 to 7 to enjoy 4 cv matches...

Please come play the na server and enjoy being screwed. 

Cry me a river.  :Smile_sad:

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[FRR]
Members
859 posts
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I reject your statement, as any hypothesis MUST by definition fail in the face of evidence to the contrary.

I remember you mouthing the same statement last December when Makarov was the hot issue. You used exactly the same words: hypothesis, evidence to the contrary, must fail, etc. You even blamed players for the mess that led to Wargaming offering refunds.

Then you yourself got a Makarov.

Oops. Hahahahaha!

On another note, you like to brag about your battles as if they are the gold standard to which other players must compare and align their own game experience to. 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,779
[SALVO]
Members
4,631 posts
21,361 battles

OP you'll get no sympathy on this forum most players that have a clue don't waste their time in here anymore

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,634
[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,079 battles
33 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

This reminds me: I was always curious that at, or around the same time of the CV rework,  good AA ships seemed to be...neutered. Texas, and to an extent Hood come to mind. I would love to know (and play) a good sub T6 AA ship now. 

Also, a well played stealth DD can still get through even on good CV players. A lot of times use of friendly “AA bubbles” during their DD sweeps early secure your path. 

All ships with good AA from before the rework got neutered.
 

Not just low tier ships, even tier 10 AA monsters like the Des Moines are not capable of defending themselves and have their AA massively out performed by newer ships. Power creep + massive AA nerfs across the board, surface ships just need to get used to taking a couple cits every strike and asking mommy cv hit them again.

Its sad personally because cruisers used to be the AA platforms and now there are bbs like the Jean Bart with stronger AA before dfaa, bbs with dfaa, and destroyers like the EU DDs that are more threatening to planes. Those old AA powerhouses are just HE spammers now in a meta that is unfavorable to ships with short range and slow shells.

The CVs can’t handle having a ship be an actual threat to their planes. It’s only fair if 2-3 ships with 100% of their AA function (rare after damage has been taken) together have a chance of taking on the planes together. I guess they need to get their power trip from being the most powerful ship on the team...

 

Now I’m expecting some screenshots of some cv eating a bunch of flak from a Mogami or something to “prove” that ships can defend themselves. 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
574 posts
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

I’d rather face two CVs than four DDs. :dance_turtle:

Let me guess, because you're playing as one of the CVs?

I would rather face a ship that can be countered instead of just hoping the flashy lights that I can't control actually shoot something down, which doesn't happen enough to stop an attack. 

Edited by OuijaApologist
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

I have to agree with the OP, those low tier matches (Tier 4 and below) against a pair of enemy CV's can be rough and not a lot of fun when you have virtually no AA and limited maneuverability (I'm looking at you my beloved U.S.S. Charleston, ya fat bastage!) 

Seems to me it would make sense to limit the CV's to one per side at Tier 4 and under just to make it a bit more balanced.

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,900
[SALVO]
Members
3,096 posts
7,082 battles

I do love the Fantasy that suddenly arose in this thread where  Jap DDs can simply, reliably and easily go to the back of the map to hunt CVs .  A fantasy where A. There is always map space available to do such a maneuver and B. its a good idea to not go to cap and or screen your fleet from enemy DDs.  Or even this: 

1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

TEAM up with other Humans with same thing. 3, 4 or 5 destroyers.

What friggin game are you guys playing where this is ANY kind of good idea?   You are acting as if the entire rest of the enemy team somehow doesn't exist.  This is an absolute trash tier loose the game 70% of the time , kind of idea.  The one and only population of players that can pull this kind of division off and reliably do good when grouping up 3 of the same niche ship are the high end unicums.

People have been making fun of DDs going off by themselves to "hunt CVs" since closed beta. 

 

I guess this is what we come to. Just a whole heap of potatoes on the forums that pushed out any sort of decent player with actual decent advice. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
574 posts
10 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I guess this is what we come to. Just a whole heap of potatoes on the forums that pushed out any sort of decent player with actual decent advice. 

Perhaps they are taking a page from the WG devs and don't play the game as well. 

Go try to CV snipe in a double CV match with any IJN DD, let me know how that works out for ya. 

Edited by OuijaApologist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
712 posts
9,741 battles
24 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

 

Seems to me it would make sense to limit the CV's to one per side at Tier 4 and under just to make it a bit more balanced.

 

Why limit it to tier 4 and under?

Matches with 4 CVs are unenjoyable perversions at ALL tiers.

C'mon WG, just cap CVs at one per team and be done with it. Nobody likes those matches.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
496
[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
967 battles
1 hour ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

I would prefer having a ship with enough AA that CVs would be afraid of getting too close. 

 

But thats just me, I dont like to depend on the enemy cv being so bad that they cant stop a DD with no AA from sinking them. 

Ranger GAA sucks. Stick with other ships and you'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,900
[SALVO]
Members
3,096 posts
7,082 battles
5 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Ranger GAA sucks. Stick with other ships and you'll be fine.

..... Sigh . Im sorry Invaderzim a world championship level player isn't wrong here and you aren't going to teach him something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
Members
191 posts
71 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Cry me a river.  :Smile_sad:

 

 

 

I find it ironic that the pro CV supporters say that the anti CV players are whining,  IMHO the Pro CV supporters are a lot worse with the toxicity.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Give back aft for AA....

Make Texas and Atlanta feared again.

California: "Am I a joke to you?"

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,330
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,102 battles
2 hours ago, SuperComm4 said:

Step 5: Proceed to sink all Red CVs and a few others en route, while racking up spotting damage and cap points.

2 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Get Japanese Destroyers, TEAM up with other Humans with same thing. 3, 4 or 5 destroyers. You routinely swept 2 or 3 CV's clean sunk in randoms this way.

As @1nv4d3rZ1m pointed out, this only works if the enemy CV is bad -- they must not pay any attention to the minimap, must remain stationary (even when suddenly spotted), etc. Against a semi-competent seal clubber you'll just waste your time border humping en route to the enemy backline, and will then get sunk anyway without accomplishing much of note .

 

It's pretty ironic that back in the day "CV hunting" was considered a scrub move for DDs at any tier, and now it's often being heralded as The Best Strategy for being impactful in games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,864
Members
1,913 posts
27,771 battles

Show WG how mad you are about constant quad-CV games by buying a year of premium! THAT'LL SHOW'EM!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×