Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

Interesting Premium Idea KMS Koln (With it's Fl 282 helicopter)

11 comments in this topic

[EQV]
Members
144 posts
1,396 battles

I'm not sure entirely what it could do differently but it certainly would be very cool to have it in game. Maybe give it an increased spotting distance as it can just hover to spot enemy ships and would not have to fly around at the cost of a lower duration. To help it spot ships further away or in stealth.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PISD]
Members
1,836 posts
6,086 battles
22 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

I'm not sure entirely what it could do differently but it certainly would be very cool to have it in game. Maybe give it an increased spotting distance as it can just hover to spot enemy ships and would not have to fly around at the cost of a lower duration. To help it spot ships further away or in stealth.

as of now, Wargaming did not gave helicopter to any ships despite some having helipad on deck (like the Republique). Tho it would be nice to have such consumable on some ships, even if it would be only for ASW.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,286 posts
17,234 battles
24 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

At the end, it's just a spotter. Visually cool, perhaps, but that's about it. 

[PISD]
Members
1,836 posts
6,086 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

At the end, it's just a spotter. Visually cool, perhaps, but that's about it. 

I would implement it as an ASW consumable for the coming subs (and give it to more ships with helipad).

[SALVO]
Members
6,901 posts
5,447 battles
13 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

I would implement it as an ASW consumable for the coming subs (and give it to more ships with helipad).

I agree on this idea :Smile_medal:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,533 posts
10,981 battles

If anything, I’d expect a helicopter to provide less spotting and range than a plane because it would circle at a lower altitude. I am amused by the idea of any of the 150mm-armed German cruisers with a spotting consumable that increases their firing range, though. They already are very good at burning BBs at max range. :fish_haloween:

57 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

We might just be getting some ASW consumables. Note that the special features of one of the ships in the upcoming special mode next patch is the mortars we first saw tested in Key Battles. I wouldn’t be surprised if WG is testing the mechanics for ASW mortars. There’s also the fact the two other ships can submerge and has variable torpedo armament, respectively, so subs seam to very much be on the developers’ minds.

Edited by Nevermore135

[NUWES]
Members
3,377 posts
12,219 battles
1 hour ago, Yesman1337 said:

I would love to see it. Honestly, the floatplanes in the game don't really behave differently from helicopters anyway. They could implement them as a simple re-skinning with no trouble.

Truthfully I always thought the Fl-282 was a gyrocopter rather than a helicopter but I was wrong. It looks like a gyrocopter but it is indeed a true helicopter. It would be cool to see them in the game. 

Spoiler

See the source image

[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles
20 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

I would love to see it. Honestly, the floatplanes in the game don't really behave differently from helicopters anyway. They could implement them as a simple re-skinning with no trouble.

Truthfully I always thought the Fl-282 was a gyrocopter rather than a helicopter but I was wrong. It looks like a gyrocopter but it is indeed a true helicopter. It would be cool to see them in the game. 

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

Looks like it would be a harsh experience driving that in a storm.

[EQV]
Members
144 posts
1,396 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Looks like it would be a harsh experience driving that in a storm.

There were some models with enclosed cockpits and various other attachments. 

Sign in to follow this