Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CankedTank

Captain Builds for Yamato/Musashi post-rework

7 comments in this topic

[GNOME]
Beta Testers
142 posts
6,864 battles

Hey all,

I am a happy Musashi owner currently working the Amagi in the tech tree.  I was wondering how people are building their commanders post-rework?  I've got a 14pt commander with the Fire Prevention skill, but I haven't selected his second 4pt skill yet.  I was wondering if Deadeye is the move, but the Japanese battleships all have such bad surface detectability?  Or should I go for the skill that enhances my Repair Party, or should I go for Concealment expert?

Thank you!

[WOLFC]
Members
2,591 posts
11,111 battles

Yamato and Musashi actually have decent concealment, so CE/Dead Eye is viable.

From the very limited amount of testing I did during the last patch, the standard BB build (so much for build diversity :Smile_sceptic:) seems to be:

1pt: Not very important. Gun Feeder would be my choice for most BBs that are not German (PM instead), but maybe not Yamato/Musashi because of the overmatch.

2pt: Priority Target and Grease the Gears

3pt: Adrenaline Rush

4pt: Fire Prevention Expert, Concealment Expert, and then choose either Dead Eye or Emergency Repair Expert.

Then finish with another 1 pt skill of your choice.

I’m personally leaning towards not running Dead Eye myself, but that’s also because I like to play forward and position aggressively, and Dead Eye doesn’t mesh well with that style of play.

Edited by Nevermore135

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,207 posts
21,051 battles

This is how I've built him

8iCjMwE.jpg

I won't claim this is optimal, but it's what I ended up with.

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,822 battles

Generally I just do the WG Wiki's reccomended builds. 

Musashi:

Yamato:

The more stars under the skill, the more useful it is

Edited by AdmiralFox08

[WPORT]
Members
8,185 posts
13,206 battles
8 hours ago, CankedTank said:

Hey all,

I am a happy Musashi owner currently working the Amagi in the tech tree.  I was wondering how people are building their commanders post-rework?  I've got a 14pt commander with the Fire Prevention skill, but I haven't selected his second 4pt skill yet.  I was wondering if Deadeye is the move, but the Japanese battleships all have such bad surface detectability?  Or should I go for the skill that enhances my Repair Party, or should I go for Concealment expert?

Thank you!

Congratulations on your Musashi.  I want one, but missed the chance to get one before they were pulled and only available via a lucky crate.

I'm enclosing screen shots illustrating how I set-up my ARP Yamato and my tech-tree Yamato and their Commanders with current skills.
While useful for comparison, I will freely admit my choices might not be everyone's 'cup-o-tea'.

I recently finished the research grind via the Izumo.  It was a labor of love, despite the many signal flags consumed in the process of playing many salty random battles.
Good luck.

Hope you'll share your build, and the thought processes that went into your decisions.
How soon do you expect to welcome your Yamato?

Spoiler

ARP Yamato with Commander ARP Yamato as Captain.
shot-21_02.24_19_21.04-0872.thumb.jpg.326f44649f830db75d6bb2f67c98b351.jpg

Tech-tree Yamato, with Commander Moeka China, from High School Fleet as Captain.
The ship is using the Yamato High School Fleet anime camouflage, too.  I got the camo from a previous bundle and finally get to use it, years later. 
The camo's available for doubloons are competitive, and worth considering.  But, I opted to not spend additional doubloons.
shot-21_02.24_19_21.18-0736.thumb.jpg.e9c552cfa2aba48cd6a0e473afd67af2.jpg

[GNOME]
Beta Testers
142 posts
6,864 battles
On 2/24/2021 at 7:37 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Congratulations on your Musashi.  I want one, but missed the chance to get one before they were pulled and only available via a lucky crate.

I'm enclosing screen shots illustrating how I set-up my ARP Yamato and my tech-tree Yamato and their Commanders with current skills.
While useful for comparison, I will freely admit my choices might not be everyone's 'cup-o-tea'.

I recently finished the research grind via the Izumo.  It was a labor of love, despite the many signal flags consumed in the process of playing many salty random battles.
Good luck.

Hope you'll share your build, and the thought processes that went into your decisions.
How soon do you expect to welcome your Yamato?

Reveal hidden contents

ARP Yamato with Commander ARP Yamato as Captain.
shot-21_02.24_19_21.04-0872.thumb.jpg.326f44649f830db75d6bb2f67c98b351.jpg

Tech-tree Yamato, with Commander Moeka China, from High School Fleet as Captain.
The ship is using the Yamato High School Fleet anime camouflage, too.  I got the camo from a previous bundle and finally get to use it, years later. 
The camo's available for doubloons are competitive, and worth considering.  But, I opted to not spend additional doubloons.
shot-21_02.24_19_21.18-0736.thumb.jpg.e9c552cfa2aba48cd6a0e473afd67af2.jpg

Well Wolf, it won't be for a while because I grind so many ship lines at once and I'm not in any real hurry.  Thank you for the screenshots, they were very helpful.  In light of the recent news I'm probably not going to slap Deadeye on mine and I'll probably run Concealment Expert instead.  I plan to eventually have Concealment Expert, Fire Prevention, and Repair Expert (or whatever it's called) on my captain, unless the replacement for Deadeye is truly excellent and necessary.

At this moment I have my Musashi/Amagi captain built for survivability.  I'm boring like that, but I know that Musashi/Yamato and Izumo are enormous targets that aren't going anywhere fast.  So I've tried to ensure that I can make use of all those hitpoints for the longest period of time.  Grease the gears isn't as good as it used to be, but I feel that at tier 2 it's probably still the best option for something with such sluggish turrets.  In the final upgrade slot I'll probably put Auxiliary Armaments Mod 2.  I don't want even slower turret traverse on my Musashi (it's so slow already :Smile-_tongue: ) and it doesn't need the extra main battery range, so I'll invest in keeping my paltry AA and my secondaries alive.

shot-21.03.01_17.53.57-0207.jpg

shot-21.03.01_17.54.04-0649.jpg

• Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,185 posts
13,206 battles
1 hour ago, CankedTank said:

Well Wolf, it won't be for a while because I grind so many ship lines at once and I'm not in any real hurry.  Thank you for the screenshots, they were very helpful.  In light of the recent news I'm probably not going to slap Deadeye on mine and I'll probably run Concealment Expert instead.  I plan to eventually have Concealment Expert, Fire Prevention, and Repair Expert (or whatever it's called) on my captain, unless the replacement for Deadeye is truly excellent and necessary.

At this moment I have my Musashi/Amagi captain built for survivability.  I'm boring like that, but I know that Musashi/Yamato and Izumo are enormous targets that aren't going anywhere fast.  So I've tried to ensure that I can make use of all those hitpoints for the longest period of time.  Grease the gears isn't as good as it used to be, but I feel that at tier 2 it's probably still the best option for something with such sluggish turrets.  In the final upgrade slot I'll probably put Auxiliary Armaments Mod 2.  I don't want even slower turret traverse on my Musashi (it's so slow already :Smile-_tongue: ) and it doesn't need the extra main battery range, so I'll invest in keeping my paltry AA and my secondaries alive.

shot-21.03.01_17.53.57-0207.jpg

shot-21.03.01_17.54.04-0649.jpg

Nothing wrong with survival.  Thanks for sharing.  :-)

Sign in to follow this