Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Marco Polo & Leone Crate Drops in Update 0.10.2

47 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/bulletin-0102/

Per the news article linked above Marco Polo and Leone will drop from Italian BB crates in the next update (0.10.2). Abruzzi and Roma too for those who don't have them. 

There will be free crates we can earn via event directives and then I assume Premium ones in the shop/Armory to buy (doesn't say so just a guess). Looks like the final reward for completing all the directives will be e LEGION perma camo for Marco Polo (queue the I am not grinding a camo for a ship I don't have stuff LOL :fish_boom:).

Being crate drop ships this probably means Marco Polo and Leone will be sold in the shop as well (another guess - based on how it has worked previously). They will probably have tasks in the directives too to "encourage" buying them :Smile_glasses:

Doesn't appear Marco Polo will be a Coal or FXP ship replacing any of the ones that left as some thought. Just doesn't seem logical if it is a crate drop ship.  Also looks like Leone finally made it out of development purgatory. How bad will it be....:fish_panic:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
69 posts

Pommern was in a crate around when it came out along with missions to grant a special perma-camo.  I think they may be doing something similar with the Marco Polo.

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Doesn't appear Marco Polo will be a Coal or FXP ship replacing any of the ones that left as some thought.

I'd wait for the patch notes before I made any firm bets in that direction. SOMETHING has to replace Georgia and Alaska after all.

13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Also looks like Leone finally made it out of development purgatory. How bad will it be....:fish_panic:

The last Leone I ever saw was ages ago, and it carried a T8 battle. Pretty good for a garbage T6. We shall see.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,646 battles
29 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Per the news article linked above Marco Polo and Leone will drop from Italian BB crates in the next update (0.10.2). Abruzzi and Roma too for those who don't have them. 

There will be free crates we can earn via event directives and then I assume Premium ones in the shop/Armory to buy (doesn't say so just a guess). Looks like the final reward for completing all the directives will be e LEGION perma camo for Marco Polo (queue the I am not grinding a camo for a ship I don't have stuff LOL :fish_boom:).

Being crate drop ships this probably means Marco Polo and Leone will be sold in the shop as well (another guess - based on how it has worked previously). They will probably have tasks in the directives too to "encourage" buying them :Smile_glasses:

Doesn't appear Marco Polo will be a Coal or FXP ship replacing any of the ones that left as some thought. Just doesn't seem logical if it is a crate drop ship.  Also looks like Leone finally made it out of development purgatory. How bad will it be....:fish_panic:

Hopefully it will be coal as it is an entirely new ship line. It would SUCK if they made it 2 mill fxp or some ridiculous thing like that... you'd be better off just using said fxp to get the entire italian line to T10 and end up with a T10 ship better than the marco polo anyway. 

[RBMK]
Members
2,202 posts
34,848 battles
31 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

As long as you already have the Makarov......

• Funny 3

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
3 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

As long as you already have the Makarov......

:Smile-_tongue:

Nice try, but different availability criteria.

[USN]
Members
1,509 posts
20,360 battles
55 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Doesn't appear Marco Polo will be a Coal or FXP ship

They haven’t announced anything about that (kind of surprising since they usually tell us what resource upcoming ships will cost.) Also Pommern was available in Kreigsmarine containers as well as being available for coal

43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The last Leone I ever saw was ages ago, and it carried a T8 battle. Pretty good for a garbage T6. We shall see.

A busted clock is right twice a day

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,282 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

:Smile-_tongue:

Nice try, but different availability criteria.

Lets hope Weegee dosnt jip us on them ...and rig the drops. 

I wonder if your chances improve if you have the Gulio Cesar ,Duca de Acosta and Roma. :cap_yes: Hehe.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
2 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

A busted clock is right twice a day

Maybe my meaning would have been more clear if I'd said "Time will tell."

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's interested in seeing what finally pops out of Development Hell's rank, foetid birth canal, whether it's good or bad.

The same is true of the new KM DD line. I'm suspecting there's something in the gameplay that the numbers don't reflect and that the doubters will be satisfied, but the people who could confirm my suspicion aren't allowed to!

[CO-OP]
Members
2,781 posts
28,250 battles

Thanks @AdmiralThunder for highlighting this.

58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'd wait for the patch notes before I made any firm bets in that direction. SOMETHING has to replace Georgia and Alaska after all.

WiP ships can be changed until they are released.  We have seen good ships nerfed at the last minute.  

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,776 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Pretty much all the supertesters are crazy good and can have a good game even in a Krasny Krym, though. 

[SIM]
Members
5,778 posts
9,263 battles

I'm glad to see both ships making their way into the game in some attainable fashion. I'll play Leone even though I know it's crap, just because I've been wanting an RM DD for ages.

[CANUK]
Members
90 posts
5,340 battles
48 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

Pretty much all the supertesters are crazy good and can have a good game even in a Krasny Krym, though. 

I thought they specifically chose supertesters with a range of skill levels? Picking only good players seems like an obviously terrible choice when it comes to balancing ships.

[META_]
Members
218 posts
3,148 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The same is true of the new KM DD line. I'm suspecting there's something in the gameplay that the numbers don't reflect and that the doubters will be satisfied, but the people who could confirm my suspicion aren't allowed to!

The few that I've seen in game haven't done much, but it's a pretty small sample size to be fair.

[SALVO]
Members
26,101 posts
29,035 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

Actually, the Krasny Krym wasn't all that bad pre-skill rework (when it had access to AFT).  With some caution and good positioning and decision making, the KK could do pretty well.  It was sort of like a tier 5 Russian Atlanta.

[SALVO]
Members
26,101 posts
29,035 battles
36 minutes ago, RulerOdin said:

I thought they specifically chose supertesters with a range of skill levels? Picking only good players seems like an obviously terrible choice when it comes to balancing ships.

Agreed.  There doesn't seem much point to only choosing super unicum players to be super testers.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

It was sort of like a tier 5 Russian Atlanta.

Smoller-ensk. :Smile_hiding:

Apparently something that was really disgusting was the T3 Bogatyr with the 130mm gun fit and at least a 10 point captain. Never tried that. Should have.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF7]
Members
875 posts
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, the Krasny Krym wasn't all that bad pre-skill rework (when it had access to AFT).  With some caution and good positioning and decision making, the KK could do pretty well.  It was sort of like a tier 5 Russian Atlanta.

"The poor-man's Soviet Atlanta".

[WKY04]
Members
3,878 posts
24,820 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

I carried again today in KK, Im up to 57% WR in it now that Ive developed a playstyle. 

Its a tier 5 Smolensk, change my mind :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Pugilistic

[SALVO]
Members
26,101 posts
29,035 battles
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Smoller-ensk. :Smile_hiding:

Apparently something that was really disgusting was the T3 Bogatyr with the 130mm gun fit and at least a 10 point captain. Never tried that. Should have.

Get it right.  

It's the Smolester.    :Smile_hiding:

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,776 battles
44 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I carried again today in KK, Im up to 57% WR in it now that Ive developed a playstyle. 

Its a tier 5 Smolensk, change my mind :Smile_teethhappy:

Huh. maybe i'll have to start blowing my 1500 weekly recruiter points on the kind of crate that can drop her.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles
1 hour ago, RulerOdin said:

They do (by what I have been told) have a range of skills.

I would guess that most know their fore from their aft though.

[HINON]
Members
8,680 posts
12,670 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Doesn't appear Marco Polo will be a Coal or FXP ship replacing any of the ones that left as some thought. Just doesn't seem logical if it is a crate drop ship.  Also looks like Leone finally made it out of development purgatory. How bad will it be.

at this point it honestly wouldnt surprise me if they made the only way to get it was from RNG loot crates, that seems right up their alley with the crap theyve been pulling lately

Edited by tcbaker777

[DVYJC]
Members
3,862 posts
9,675 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Marco Polo being released in crates is not mutually exclusive with it being released for coal or FXP or steel or RB points, as Pommern can attest.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
29,786 posts
25,727 battles

Tier IX Marco Polo's current stats, if one is curious.  Main offensive features:

406mm 3x3 Main Battery with SAP & AP shells.

36 seconds reload with MBM3 reducing that to 31.68 seconds.

1.8 Sigma.

Secondary Battery still a mix of 152mm and the ultra weak 90mm guns.

Full Stealth Build would bring her detection range to 13.2km.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this