You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

PTS 0.10.2

84 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,592 posts
15,143 battles

PTS notes HERE

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-0102/

Please leave feedback below!

If you have any bugs to report, you can submit them here after the patch goes live.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK BELOW

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
973 posts
4,178 battles

You locked the thread while I was typing...not a bug, but a question.

@Hapa_Fodder

From the section Visual and Other Enhancements:  "These changes, depending on individual computer configurations and game settings, will not affect performance, but at peak loads will improve it significantly."  This sentence doesn't make sense to me.  Was it intended to be written "These changes, depending on individual computer configurations and game settings, will not negatively affect performance, but at peak loads will improve it significantly?"  (Not an English major so my confusion could be my own.)

And by "peak loads" is this referring to CPU, GPU, or both?  (Or the electrical grid - it's been in the news lately, as I'm sure you know.)

Do these changes, as well as any other recent changes more strongly recommend moving the game from a HDD to a SSD?

I ask because I have recently noticed a reduction in both CPU and GPU temps while in the port screen.   Not exactly sure when that occurred, but...thanks?  (Assumes a graphic setting was not unknowingly changed during game updates.)

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
978 posts
8,973 battles
23 minutes ago, Will_Denver said:

Tried loading public test for first time  all i get is "critical error unable to connect to .......

image.thumb.png.b84b185e8b1078186d1cb2c6bcada34c.png

image.png

I believe the PTS server is not live yet...

[WHEE]
Members
131 posts
3,659 battles

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’d be a lot more interested in Big Hunt if I could use my real world ships instead of the fantasy ones. 

It’s just, I have limited gaming time. If I’m going to play, I’d like to keep earning progressing in economics, combat missions, and tech tree grinds, and Big Hunt doesn’t directly help me with that, ya know?

Copied from my DevBul post because I was a bad boy as I shouldve posted it here apparently...

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
8,706 posts
12,702 battles

Marco Polo, when are we going to know how we get her, other than the RNG containers as mentioned 

[WOLF7]
Members
97 posts

Looking forward to big hunt, got 2 camos last time it's a different change from rank and randoms, now wows pc needs Respawn mode like in wows blitz.

[UNHLY]
Members
4,858 posts
13,503 battles
1 hour ago, Hard_Stylzz said:

Looking forward to big hunt, got 2 camos last time it's a different change from rank and randoms, now wows pc needs Respawn mode like in wows blitz.

One of the old space battles modes from a few years ago had that as a mechanic, but it hasn’t appeared since that I’m aware of 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

For the first time ever I felt "dizzy" due to the graphics effects of the game ... 

Attached is the battle replay ... I tried to rewatch it but can't get it to load even if I set WGC to the PTS ... but the effect occurred after I entered the cap.

20210225_172546_PASB518-Massachusetts_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[MUG-T]
Members
388 posts
3,873 battles
4 hours ago, Inperatrix said:

A buff to Colbert's range would be much appreciated.

buff Emden and Krispy Kreme too

[-OPS-]
Members
54 posts

I had this strange bug when playing the "Big Hunt" on the PTS

It tells me that my Ship is still in Battle and cannot be used but it still appears in Port.

It sat like this for more 40 minutes, I ended up leaving the game totally and the logging back on which cleared the fault.

shot-21_02.26_16_54_54-0677.thumb.jpg.8f5cb5b1b2e69d2cd8b317e2d113e26f.jpgI

Edited by bwana_2019

[-OPS-]
Members
54 posts

Another strange thing is the amount of Battle points you need to earn on the Combat missions page.

As you can see for each mission I need to earn %(_amount)s points to progress.

I don't understand what this means. Maybe a programming error

shot-21_02.26_16_56.09-0582.thumb.jpg.ed5b6de10e85c2f09fa3b6b48db74ddf.jpg

[SPTR]
Members
27,341 posts
17,598 battles

While the return of Keys Battle and the nicely done visual effects is welcome...

I think ships hurt badly by the commander skill rework could also be looked up namely the Flint, Smolenks and the hard earned Colbert had needed what was once AFT to be effective and large/battle cruisers such as Kronst and Alaska that required some of the survivability skills thats now only exclusive to BBs.

• Cool 2

[MUG-T]
Members
388 posts
3,873 battles
11 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

While the return of Keys Battle and the nicely done visual effects is welcome...

Flint, Smolensk and the hard earned Colbert had needed what was once AFT

What about the glorious ship of motherland Krispy Kreme?

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
538 posts
15,700 battles

I noticed the following:

1. Halsey's Tracers are now BLUE. Can you make them RED again.

2. Sometimes shells hit islands but don't explode. They disappear.

3. Hydro Pulse Graphic around a boat. When boat sinks, the graphic still appears to pulse a circle.

Edited by Gemlin

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
14 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

I think ships hurt badly by the commander skill rework could also be looked up namely the Flint, Smolenks and the hard earned Colbert had needed what was once AFT to be effective and large/battle cruisers such as Kronst and Alaska that required some of the survivability skills thats now only exclusive to BBs.

This.  Cruiser skills in particular need a hard second look, or the ships need to be adjusted to make up for the lost skills.

Those small gun cruisers probably took the biggest hit of all, with the lost range and reload/ROF. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

On the graphics changes, I'd strongly suggest an option to turn off whatever it is in the new wave graphics that makes the ship appear to be sliding sideways.

Motion sickness issues, if nothing else. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Thanks 1

[UNHLY]
Members
66 posts
4,202 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

On the graphics changes, I'd strongly suggest an option to turn off whatever it is in the new wave graphics that makes the ship appear to be sliding sideways.

Motion sickness issues, if nothing else. 

It's just set and drift.  It's a real thing, haha!:Smile_trollface:

[QCN2]
Members
11 posts
7,309 battles

I got nothing negative to say about the PTS 0.10.2 and their was no glitch for me.  Loved the new visual, and i hade tons of fun in the big hunt mode. well done. Thanks.  

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1 post
4,798 battles

The ships are a lot more fragile than before, and it is very easy to die to bots within the first couple waves now, also whirlwinds torps should hit weaker like the EU torps for how fast and stealthy they are

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,736 posts
21,197 battles

What's with the rat fetish in St. Petersburg? The first photo is from a past Halloween, and the second is with the most recent PT server release. What are they trying to say here? 

7dd9dad2624b81c3310861cc15f9a2323ac608dd.jpg

shot-21.02.26_13.59.57-0022.jpg

Its always with the DDs.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1