Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Citadel_Me_Harder_Daddi

[BUG] Missing "Devastating strike" despite requirements being met.

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
24 posts
8,253 battles

Issue:
Upon deleting a fellow skipper in his Iowa on 44.880 health with 5 torpedoes no devastating strike were rewarded even though well above 50% of the Iowa were damaged and sunk during the strike.
I have been getting other rewards just fine. 

Expected Result:
Shiny bling bling reward should show.

How to Replicate:
I don't have the faintest idea. 

Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: 
Short clip of the event with music (Might be a little bit loud. Fair warning)
Screenshot and entire battle attached below

20210224_131659_PBSD109-Jutland_47_Sleeping_Giant.wowsreplay

World_of_Warships_24-02-2021_13_34_07.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[HAIFU]
Members
5 posts
10,130 battles

Devastating strike has been bugged for months now, sometimes it works fine but more often than not, you’re not getting it when you should or getting it when you shouldn’t. Who knows when WG is gonna fix it

Edited by Maukadragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32
[K-POP]
Members
66 posts
4,133 battles

Maybe because they were from different salvos, making the game think it was from 2 different strikes...?   Just spitballing here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
504
[--K--]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,803 posts
5,983 battles
1 hour ago, Citadel_Me_Harder_Daddi said:

Issue:
Upon deleting a fellow skipper in his Iowa on 44.880 health with 5 torpedoes no devastating strike were rewarded even though well above 50% of the Iowa were damaged and sunk during the strike.
I have been getting other rewards just fine. 

 

Devastating Strikes are when you destroy an enemy ship with a single artillery salvo, torpedo salvo, or aircraft attack by causing damage over 50% of the destroyed ship's normal HP.

 

What you did was Hit with 2 torps from salvo one and then killed with the second salvo. That was not enough to proc the dev strike. Working as intended and not a bug.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
24 posts
8,253 battles
On 2/24/2021 at 3:54 PM, Capt_JollyRoger said:

Devastating Strikes are when you destroy an enemy ship with a single artillery salvo, torpedo salvo, or aircraft attack by causing damage over 50% of the destroyed ship's normal HP.

 

What you did was Hit with 2 torps from salvo one and then killed with the second salvo. That was not enough to proc the dev strike. Working as intended and not a bug.

I mean flat on it's face that makes sense but this video shows the opposite. A JB getting hit my both of my torp salvos and getting the Devs strike
Against sorry for the music. I kick it in 5th when playing alone

https://streamable.com/ez2npf

I also have a vid of a Gearing getting detonated in one salvo from my Thunderer. No devs strike. So it does seem like it is a bug my man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
504
[--K--]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,803 posts
5,983 battles
8 hours ago, Citadel_Me_Harder_Daddi said:

I mean flat on it's face that makes sense but this video shows the opposite. A JB getting hit my both of my torp salvos and getting the Devs strike
Against sorry for the music. I kick it in 5th when playing alone

https://streamable.com/ez2npf

I also have a vid of a Gearing getting detonated in one salvo from my Thunderer. No devs strike. So it does seem like it is a bug my man

Maybe I should have bolded the over 50% part as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32
[K-POP]
Members
66 posts
4,133 battles
8 hours ago, Citadel_Me_Harder_Daddi said:

I mean flat on it's face that makes sense but this video shows the opposite. A JB getting hit my both of my torp salvos and getting the Devs strike
Against sorry for the music. I kick it in 5th when playing alone

https://streamable.com/ez2npf

I also have a vid of a Gearing getting detonated in one salvo from my Thunderer. No devs strike. So it does seem like it is a bug my man

After rewatching these clips I am thinking that it has to do with Flooding and Fire.  If the ship dies from a torpedo strike...like yours.... it results in the Dev Strike.  I think the one above technically died from Flooding.... no Dev strike.

 

My guess for the Gearing incident is that it died from Fire immediately after being struck. Might need to see the video to analyze.

Edited by xCAMx1652

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
24 posts
8,253 battles
13 hours ago, Capt_JollyRoger said:

Maybe I should have bolded the over 50% part as well.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. In both videos both of these salvos did over 50% damage combined. But only one gave the dev strike. 
So I'm clear. I'm not attempting to question your knowledge. I'm just having a hard time understanding it.

 

 

13 hours ago, xCAMx1652 said:

After rewatching these clips I am thinking that it has to do with Flooding and Fire.  If the ship dies from a torpedo strike...like yours.... it results in the Dev Strike.  I think the one above technically died from Flooding.... no Dev strike.

 

My guess for the Gearing incident is that it died from Fire immediately after being struck. Might need to see the video to analyze.

The both of the ships in the recordings got sunk from the torpedo impacts. Not flooding or fire. 

In regards to the Gearing. You are welcome to watch it. There's no music on this one but I overedited it a little bit as a meme. 
The clip of the Gearing are at 1:05

https://streamable.com/e9v2g4

Edited by Citadel_Me_Harder_Daddi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×