Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lucerious

Turn off Colored Tracers

11 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
2,211 battles

It's obnoxious that every third player seems to have some dumb blue/red/green whatever — yadda yadda — color trailing behind their projectiles and it makes it hard to tell if someone is shooting HE/AP/SAP at you. Please add an option for other players to turn them off so we can position our ships accordingly like the original tracers are intended.

• Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Pretty sure it’s in the modpack. You can make it so anime girls kick you instead of shells. Also you can make everyone’s tracers look like rainbows 🌈  since you seem to like color.

Members
35 posts
2,211 battles
1 minute ago, monpetitloup said:

Pretty sure it’s in the modpack. You can make it so anime girls kick you instead of shells. Also you can make everyone’s tracers look like rainbows 🌈  since you seem to like color.

In Aslain's mod pack? That'll be my next download. It's nice because you can turn off all the fantasy ship nonsense but it would be nice if they added an option to remove colored tracers as well.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
7 minutes ago, Lucerious said:

In Aslain's mod pack? That'll be my next download. It's nice because you can turn off all the fantasy ship nonsense but it would be nice if they added an option to remove colored tracers as well.

I mean the official one you can find here in forum. From what i gathered it is easier to update than aslans but i think his has everything in wg’s pack and more.

[SALVO]
Members
26,128 posts
29,108 battles
3 hours ago, Lucerious said:

It's obnoxious that every third player seems to have some dumb blue/red/green whatever — yadda yadda — color trailing behind their projectiles and it makes it hard to tell if someone is shooting HE/AP/SAP at you. Please add an option for other players to turn them off so we can position our ships accordingly like the original tracers are intended.

What about getting rid of the space perma-camos whose "smoke" isn't smoke at all and is hellishly difficult to judge in the same way that you'd judge normal smoke stack smoke?

Members
35 posts
2,211 battles
13 hours ago, Crucis said:

What about getting rid of the space perma-camos whose "smoke" isn't smoke at all and is hellishly difficult to judge in the same way that you'd judge normal smoke stack smoke?

There's a way to turn off all the silly space camos and stuff. You'll see a gear icon in the lower right port screen. I highly recommend it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
17 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

legendary captains have coloured shots too... not sure you can disable those without a mod pack

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
6 hours ago, SKurj said:

legendary captains have coloured shots too... not sure you can disable those without a mod pack

Thats very simple, click on the tracer icon under captain skills and disable. Same for the pennant and fireworks.

this is commonplace so that the enemy is unaware of your buffs and can thus not target you for having them or prohibiting them.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
5 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Thats very simple, click on the tracer icon under captain skills and disable. Same for the pennant and fireworks.

this is commonplace so that the enemy is unaware of your buffs and can thus not target you for having them or prohibiting them.

so that checkbox turns it off for my opponents?  and not me? the op is complaining about the colours being used by others.  how do i turn off the coloured tracers that another player's legendary captain is using without a mod?

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
9 hours ago, SKurj said:

so that checkbox turns it off for my opponents?  and not me? the op is complaining about the colours being used by others.  how do i turn off the coloured tracers that another player's legendary captain is using without a mod?

The option turns off your captain. I didnt get you wanted theirs turned off. But i think the modpack mods can do that, at least they can change the tracer styles/colors.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
35 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

The option turns off your captain. I didnt get you wanted theirs turned off. But i think the modpack mods can do that, at least they can change the tracer styles/colors.

it was the op complaining about people using coloured tracers.  The default game with the legendary captains i think would need to mod tracers so you didn't have to see  them i think.  not that i have tested it...

those will be the only coloured tracers the op is likely seeing apart from maybe some of the fancy skinned ships... i dunno about that one.

Sign in to follow this