You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JamesWest18

Game having sudden and long lag spikes during matches and port

18 comments in this topic

[SF-13]
Members
1 post
3,179 battles

Sudden and long lag spikes happening during matches, especially prone to happen when pressing shift to enter or exit zoom, or switching between shell types or torps. Also takes an exceptionally and unusually long time to load if I switch to a different ship in port, and I can tell it is lagging and struggling to keep up with even the simple animations in port, such as the water bobbing up and down, or the little light dots rising off of the dockyard tab. What makes this so strange is that this just started happening today, and in the days before, the game ran just fine on my PC. I don't know of any changes that have occurred since on my end, I tried updating my system after discovering the WOWS problem, but this didn't help. Has anyone else noticed lots of lag in the game very recently?

[Y0L0W]
Beta Testers
353 posts
8,964 battles

Games running fine for me, when talking about things like this you should link your system specs as that can narrow down the cause of problems.

[_WP_]
Members
3 posts

I have the exact same problem.   Started a few days ago.   Did have similar issue a month or so ago but that seemed to have been fixed with a BIOS driver update I'd been putting off. 

I've noticed specifically the "lock" seems to occur when memory fetches are likely occurring.  i.e. when we try to zoom in on a new island or a new warship (not yet viewed in the game), it locks until all the rendering for that item is done.  Afterwards, can zoom in & on on the same island for the rest of the game, no problems.

So basically it locks if a new warship is spotted, which of course causes almost immediate death  LOL   The enemy has to wonder why I just keep sailing in a straight line and not shooting...

Sometimes the lock is a few seconds, sometimes much longer. 

I've hacked like crazy, no solution yet.  Running task manager, it seems my 3D engine and/or CPU go to nearly 100% usage during the locks

My system is not a gaming system.  Just a Dell Notebook I bought at BestBuy a couple years ago.   The RAM is upgraded, but nothing else.   All drivers are up to date. 

Computer Model : Inspiron 5566
BIOS Vendor : Dell Inc.
BIOS Version : 1.12.1
BIOS Date : 6/17/20
Processor
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz
Clock Speed : 2.4Ghz
L2 Cache Size : 512
Memory
Available Memory : 61.09%
Page File Size : 18,714.6MB
Available Page File : 84.25%
Virtual Memory : 18,714.6MB
Available Virtual Memory : 55.31%
DIMM A : 8,192.0MB
DIMM B : 8,192.0MB
Network controller
Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Storage
Drive : C:
Storage : 3
Drive Size : 917.5GB
Total Available Space : 732.0GB
Used Space : 185.5GB

Hardware
Disk Drives TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100
Display Adapters Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Keyboards, Mice & Pointing Devices PS/2 Compatible Mouse
HID-compliant mouse
USB Input Device
Monitors Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Devices Intel(R) Display Audio
Realtek Audio
USB Controllers Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

This patch i’ve been having a lot of lag whére my ship freezes and then later suddenly speeds up very fast to move to a new spot. It’s very bad especially during ranked battles.

[PVE]
Members
7,881 posts
23,881 battles

Happened all-night for me & then my computer finally informed me of yet another Windows 10 update...

I checked & my computer didn't show any updates available but Windows 10 does that EVERY time...if I get a bunch of lag I know that in the next day or 2 (yes...sometimes it takes a couple of days before it shows up) I'm going to try shutting down & the option to "update & shut down/restart" is going to be there...& after that all will be fine again...

But lately Windows 10 had been updating w/in 2 weeks of the last update (for the last few months)...& it's getting really annoying.

To clarify...everything mentioned in this thread is exactly what has been happening every time.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
7,881 posts
23,881 battles
3 hours ago, Ghobern1 said:

The enemy has to wonder why I just keep sailing in a straight line and not shooting...

Except the times it happens when you're in a turn...

Them they have to wonder why you were kiting away so perfectly...then just turned & gave them a perfect broadside...while not shooting :-)

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
3 hours ago, Ghobern1 said:
Storage
Drive : C:
Storage : 3
Drive Size : 917.5GB
Total Available Space : 732.0GB
Used Space : 185.5GB

Few things... Based on the information given as is...

• Use your Defrag hard drive maintenance tool to optimize your drive...

From the Video memory side.. Make sure you're using the Video card and driver and not the "intel Graphics."

• If you dont have a Graphics card installed (for ex; Nvidia), I dont think the game will support you anymore...

I would also add, WG is :etc_swear:bent on improving graphics (not graphic performance, just graphics)... You may have to bring down your in game graphics settings to test it out...

Every time I see anyone upgrade their system, they 9 times out of 10 forget the electrical side... The ram, IMO... Is pulling more electrical juice...

When it pulls more juice and you dont upgrade the power plug to a higher wattage... Your system starts to ration performance ( at peek or high usage)...

This also happens when you're gaming with the laptop on the battery only.(not recommended)...

I would investiate and see if your system has the option for a higher watt plug (I recommend you use it).

This is where I recommend you start investigating for your issues described.. TY for the information provided.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
6 hours ago, JamesWest18 said:

Sudden and long lag spikes happening during matches, especially prone to happen when pressing shift to enter or exit zoom, or switching between shell types or torps. Also takes an exceptionally and unusually long time to load if I switch to a different ship in port, and I can tell it is lagging and struggling to keep up with even the simple animations in port, such as the water bobbing up and down, or the little light dots rising off of the dockyard tab. What makes this so strange is that this just started happening today, and in the days before, the game ran just fine on my PC. I don't know of any changes that have occurred since on my end, I tried updating my system after discovering the WOWS problem, but this didn't help. Has anyone else noticed lots of lag in the game very recently?

Few things

• Use the Hard Drive defrag tool in your settings... This will optimize your driver
    • I highly recommend to conduct basic CPU maintainance...
  • Tone down your graphics setting by one notch...
    • This is to lower the load on you GPU and CPU.
  • Use check and repair before doing the steps above...

If there is any other info you want to provide to steer your investigation to the right spot.. Let us know...

I am a little confused by your lagging in use... Is it loading lag or connection lag ?

Edited by Navalpride33

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Happened all-night for me & then my computer finally informed me of yet another Windows 10 update...

I checked & my computer didn't show any updates available but Windows 10 does that EVERY time...if I get a bunch of lag I know that in the next day or 2 (yes...sometimes it takes a couple of days before it shows up) I'm going to try shutting down & the option to "update & shut down/restart" is going to be there...& after that all will be fine again...

But lately Windows 10 had been updating w/in 2 weeks of the last update (for the last few months)...& it's getting really annoying.

To clarify...everything mentioned in this thread is exactly what has been happening every time.

It is the first quarter of the year Khaos...

Did you check and see if your drivers are up-to-date ???Mainly,

• Bios
  • CPU
  • GPU

What i would do... Go with Upgrade and restart option first... And then, after that is done.(half hr later).. Restart...

After your WIndows crap is updated (its annoying I know, my mac haven't seen a need to be updated at all this year as my Windows..Sucks)Restart your connection and rule those issues out.  (you know the drill)...

5 min cold shut down (with out the juice/plug to the outlet) of your

• PC
  • Modem
  • Router
    • If you have it

Then check and repair in WGC...

WG Staff
1,798 posts
10,934 battles
19 hours ago, JamesWest18 said:

If you're having issues with FPS and ping, try running a WGcheck report and reach out to the support team.

They can assist with isolating the root of latency issues or help identify where the client is having networking problems.

Also, try doing a check/repair of the client to make sure there aren't any damaged or corrupted files.

#anchorsaweigh

[WOLF7]
Members
97 posts

I have to check and repair everytime I play wows. Wasn't like that last update. You can see the repairing being done shows it in a red bar, takes about 10 to 15 mins and it done. Thinking of replacing my WD blue drive to a ssd drive.

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
803 posts
35,862 battles
On 2/23/2021 at 11:04 PM, JamesWest18 said:

Same.

Started with 10.1

10.0 was fine

[FATAL]
Members
16 posts

I had this same experience, just yesterday, after a month of trouble free , low fan speeds, indicative of the amount of processing load on my PC. Noticeably , when I logged in and began to play yesterday 02-25, I immediately noticed the game was lagging, and, my pc was overclocking.  It had done neither for a while.  For some reason, the mods i had been using were missing.  The crosshairs I had been using was the clue that something was amiss.  Suggest checking modstation, if you use it. Remove and re-select the mods.  

[GRMBL]
Members
54 posts
6,503 battles

I had this issue pop up at about the same time, as did my wife who is running a different computer (both gaming desktops). Not huge lag spikes, but annoying, maybe half a second to a second. Nothing seems to have changed with either of our setups? Yes, it's possible that we both had issues with a graphic card at the exact same time, but unlikely (different graphic cards.)

Has anyone looked into connectivity issues?

[IR0N]
Members
30 posts
9,085 battles

Ive been having this problem ever since the last patch/update came thru..Its exactly how u described it too..if i hold <CTRL> and <SHIFT> it gets really bad ..Im trying to think back when else does it do it, Im thinking theres another way it does it as well..But yeah really bogs down bad..Never had this issue at all since ive been playing Jan 2019..My pc specs are mor ethan adequate to run this game by far..So i dont kno..If anybody does kno whats causing it has sum good advice on mayb sumthing to check then i def am all ears..Thx guys

[IR0N]
Members
30 posts
9,085 battles

Ive been having this problem ever since the last patch/update came thru..Its exactly how u described it too..if i hold <CTRL> and <SHIFT> it gets really bad ..Im trying to think back when else does it do it, Im thinking theres another way it does it as well..But yeah really bogs down bad..Never had this issue at all since ive been playing Jan 2019..My pc specs are mor ethan adequate to run this game by far..So i dont kno..If anybody does kno whats causing it has sum good advice on mayb sumthing to check then i def am all ears..Thx guys..

p.s. This may or may not be a solution but it is a worthy cause i believe but if anyhbody that is having these lag spikes are u using a VPN..because ive noticed thst when i use my VPN i tend to get that operation in progress bug where it freezes up sumtimes and other times it just takes a min or so to load(probably cause of the vpn)..But like i said it was just an idea i thought of reading another post..So mayb try not running your vpn if u are..If ur not runing a vpn then I dont have a clue, but i am gonna try the no vpn thing and ill report back

[WOLF7]
Members
97 posts
6 hours ago, BUDDZ__life said:

Ive been having this problem ever since the last patch/update came thru..Its exactly how u described it too..if i hold <CTRL> and <SHIFT> it gets really bad ..Im trying to think back when else does it do it, Im thinking theres another way it does it as well..But yeah really bogs down bad..Never had this issue at all since ive been playing Jan 2019..My pc specs are mor ethan adequate to run this game by far..So i dont kno..If anybody does kno whats causing it has sum good advice on mayb sumthing to check then i def am all ears..Thx guys..

p.s. This may or may not be a solution but it is a worthy cause i believe but if anyhbody that is having these lag spikes are u using a VPN..because ive noticed thst when i use my VPN i tend to get that operation in progress bug where it freezes up sumtimes and other times it just takes a min or so to load(probably cause of the vpn)..But like i said it was just an idea i thought of reading another post..So mayb try not running your vpn if u are..If ur not runing a vpn then I dont have a clue, but i am gonna try the no vpn thing and ill report back

No VPN on my end, I did a recovery yesterday sent a report to WG..will see what they say. Still getting pause freeze for a few secs then speed back up to normal this morning.