Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

What Are the Odds?

10 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,245 posts

First three games of day (T9-10 random battles) and three blow out loses.  I was #1 in two of those games (king potato).  Potato players staying back and can't hit anything at range, and not capping.  This is not fun to have continuous blow out games.  

This gets old.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[LWA]
Members
1,245 posts

too many players in the high tiers that don't belong there

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,803 posts
12,612 battles

The odds are pretty high when the average of each team’s win rate is below 50%. One or two good players can completely cream a flank and munch away at the rest of the enemies.

Members
1,022 posts
3,050 battles

Had 8 blow out losses in a row the other week. Was convinced something was broken so I quit and restarted, then 2 wins in a row, yay I fixed it.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
10 hours ago, db4100 said:

Potato players staying back and can't hit anything at range, and not capping.  

Yeah, the problem with Deadeye isn't that it's universally effective, it's that Dunning-Kruger raises its ugly head, and players that can't aim anywhere near as well as they think they can are actually hurting themselves with tighter dispersion.

If such players were honest with themselves, they'd forgo Deadeye and stay in where they could hit things.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,357 battles
11 hours ago, db4100 said:

First three games of day (T9-10 random battles) and three blow out loses.  I was #1 in two of those games (king potato).  Potato players staying back and can't hit anything at range, and not capping.  This is not fun to have continuous blow out games.  

This gets old.....

The odds are....12.5%

As for blowouts....I had the opposite on several games last night.  So....close....but lost due to stupid end game tactics.  Had 'em won...threw 'em away.

[LWA]
Members
1,245 posts
9 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

The odds are....12.5%

As for blowouts....I had the opposite on several games last night.  So....close....but lost due to stupid end game tactics.  Had 'em won...threw 'em away.

Close games like that are frustrating, but at least you had somewhat of a chance of winning.  Losing a game like that makes me want to get back in there.  

Getting stuck in a blow out streak really nerfs my desire to play.  It starts to feel like my team is the Polish Calvary going up against German tanks......

tumblr_p54jg0TGvI1us8atqo1_1280.thumb.jpg.9c24e7978355a7d6d8060782a37e49a3.jpg

Members
1,181 posts
1,685 battles
28 minutes ago, db4100 said:

It starts to feel like my team is the Polish Calvary going up against German tanks......

That never actually happened. I think people get confused since Poland had both "cavalry" & "armor cavalry," the latter being tanks. I'm still waiting for a Polack ship called "Husaria."

• Meh 1

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,788 battles
On 2/23/2021 at 9:30 PM, db4100 said:

This gets old.....

I had 3 straight BB losses earlier this week. Got so sick of the crap DD play losing matches I decided to take up a DD slot with my very mediocre DD skill set. Won the next 7 matches.

Turns out, when given targets instead of smoke: even potatoes can sometimes shoot straight.

Edited by SuperComm4

Sign in to follow this