You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

RANK What can I Say

14 comments in this topic

[K-POP]
Members
3,070 posts
24,602 battles

Why do I put myself through this torture.

Why is it players go to great lengths to lose games when victory is in sight.

An animated GIF | Medical humor, Humor, Movie blog

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,934 posts
14,885 battles

No different than in Randoms, people get tunnel vision and only see getting kills. Worry about you and forget about them.

• Cool 1

Members
4,117 posts
44,174 battles

Eh, it happens dude.

To put it in perspective, my Dr says I need surgery in the right hand next Tuesday.

While I was poised myself to go up silver this week and give it a go, I have decided, nope.

In terms of the game and the hand, I will just casually play than brutally drag my lethargic hand into next week's surgery.

If it is that bad, then step away from it.

Are the rewards worth the risk of aggravating players? No.

Of course, maybe a division might help. But I myself don't division. This is my way.

Unfortunately, you are experiencing unprecedented groups of players that just want to farm the tiers instead.

Sadly, this is a Truth that WG has been unable to discourage from the very beginning.

Despite qualifiers, it is just another numbers game. If you see a player slinging fire, but not coordinating or helping save for ducking away from the fight until the end (CVs excluded), then that is a clear indication.

I have no solution for this I could suggest. It is a flawed game mode. But perhaps it is so because of the incentives.

Just keep things in perspective.

Are you having fun?

• Thanks 1

[K-POP]
Members
3,070 posts
24,602 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Eh, it happens dude.

To put it in perspective, my Dr says I need surgery in the right hand next Tuesday.

While I was poised myself to go up silver this week and give it a go, I have decided, nope.

In terms of the game and the hand, I will just casually play than brutally drag my lethargic hand into next week's surgery.

If it is that bad, then step away from it.

Are the rewards worth the risk of aggravating players? No.

Of course, maybe a division might help. But I myself don't division. This is my way.

Unfortunately, you are experiencing unprecedented groups of players that just want to farm the tiers instead.

Sadly, this is a Truth that WG has been unable to discourage from the very beginning.

Despite qualifiers, it is just another numbers game. If you see a player slinging fire, but not coordinating or helping save for ducking away from the fight until the end (CVs excluded), then that is a clear indication.

I have no solution for this I could suggest. It is a flawed game mode. But perhaps it is so because of the incentives.

Just keep things in perspective.

Are you having fun?

I am I don't care if WG offer real diamonds, i am finished for this season.

cheers :Smile_honoring:  

[K-POP]
Members
3,070 posts
24,602 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

No different than in Randoms, people get tunnel vision and only see getting kills. Worry about you and forget about them.

Quite true, i have been playing this game long enough to know better.

Cheers :Smile_honoring: 

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles

The game is not formatted to fit your tactic criteria... Therefor, the others who play with you don;t share your vision...

When WG invents and implements telepathic powers in two years (Its under NDA/embargo status)... Then things will look up for you :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,830 posts

I got up to 2 & 1 to go, and then lost 6 games in a row before logging off.

at least I saved 5/6 stars, so still rank 2 for tomorrow's attempt.

Members
4,117 posts
44,174 battles
29 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The game is not formatted to fit your tactic criteria... Therefor, the others who play with you don;t share your vision...

When WG invents and implements telepathic powers in two years (Its under NDA/embargo status)... Then things will look up for you :Smile_honoring:

Wait. Wait.  I have an incoming telepathic message from Navalpride33..."Spot DD, spot DD! I got Dead Eye and I see that Minotaur I want me some beef 🍖 moooooooo!"

Wow, that gave me a massive headache, but okay. Spotting that Minotaur for ya. Poor Moocifer.  😂

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,062 posts
5,529 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Why do I put myself through this torture.

Why is it players go to great lengths to lose games when victory is in sight.

2 minutes ago, Dareios said:

I got up to 2 & 1 to go, and then lost 6 games in a row before logging off.

at least I saved 5/6 stars, so still rank 2 for tomorrow's attempt.

I know the pain mates, had been pivoting on Rank 2 for 2 nights... I'm about to cheat and play a DD.

• Cool 1

Members
4,117 posts
44,174 battles
32 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I know the pain mates, had been pivoting on Rank 2 for 2 nights... I'm about to cheat and play a DD.

The ancient art of Chi Ting in a DD is a skill passed down from the masters of old. Grasshopper and FlamingButt Dragon teach these extensively along with jazz flute lessons.

There are many styles.

Lizard 🦎, likes rocks.

Ghost 👻, an apparition that strikes quietly.

Dragon, smokes a lot, but will use 👻 and 🦎 technique. Uses fire 🔥.

Snake on skis 🎿 🐍, can't hide but hard to hit because real fast.

Enemies of DD:

Radar cruisers, but Dead Eye make them go bye bye.

CVs, still a problem, but someday, someday, bang! stinger missle, got you!

BBs that love HE, we see you there Conqueror and Thunderer, we will get real close, real close.... "From Hell's heart, I stab at thee!"

BBs with secondary builds, okay we approach with caution and we borrow the Bat-Shield from TV show Batman '66 to get close. Maybe use dead body of team mate cruiser okay. (Praying Mantis Style)

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,555 posts

And I thought I am the only Mantis Style thinker who uses the upside down hulks of sunk cruisers as defense closing in against BB's with adequate Secondaries in a DD.

Now that everyone knows about this little trick...

• Cool 1

Members
4,117 posts
44,174 battles
9 hours ago, xHeavy said:

And I thought I am the only Mantis Style thinker who uses the upside down hulks of sunk cruisers as defense closing in against BB's with adequate Secondaries in a DD.

Now that everyone knows about this little trick...

Yes, I was doing it a lot last year, only I made a lot of MacGruber references with it. 

[WKY04]
Members
3,880 posts
24,924 battles

Smaller teams magnify (and make more obvious) the errors of individual players, not to mention the increased mental/emotional investment in the outcome. 

My (highly unscientific anecdotal) observation is that there has been a great amount of turnover in the playerbase in the last year and a half. A number of highly skilled players I recognize by name were MIA, so I have looked on occasion, and a number of them have not played since last summer. 

[SALVO]
Members
7,062 posts
5,529 battles
10 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

The ancient art of Chi Ting in a DD is a skill passed down from the masters of old. Grasshopper and FlamingButt Dragon teach these extensively along with jazz flute lessons.

There are many styles.

Lizard 🦎, likes rocks.

Ghost 👻, an apparition that strikes quietly.

Dragon, smokes a lot, but will use 👻 and 🦎 technique. Uses fire 🔥.

Snake on skis 🎿 🐍, can't hide but hard to hit because real fast.

Enemies of DD:

Radar cruisers, but Dead Eye make them go bye bye.

CVs, still a problem, but someday, someday, bang! stinger missle, got you!

BBs that love HE, we see you there Conqueror and Thunderer, we will get real close, real close.... "From Hell's heart, I stab at thee!"

BBs with secondary builds, okay we approach with caution and we borrow the Bat-Shield from TV show Batman '66 to get close. Maybe use dead body of team mate cruiser okay. (Praying Mantis Style)

Friggin' hilarious, mate... That Kung Fu style analogy... :cap_like: