Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stormbringer924

reality check #1

79 comments in this topic

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

We have all played against the new meta. R U having fun? That is the basic question. Thier are very serious flaws with the new meta. Are you having fun? I am not! All my ship's have been changed, all my captains have been changed. ship's that used to be useless r powerful. ship's that used to be powerful r nuerted. The day a gasgone can overpower a mushi. we know that the meta has changed. I have overpowered a mushashi in a alsace. you used to have to work for it . now just dead eye n and ur good.  

Way to completely screw your core base. i hope the lack of revenue make's u change your perspective.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[CHA0S]
Members
693 posts
6,739 battles

Yes, I am.

I've been taking out Cruisers more often and actively trying to diversify my BB heavy gameplay up till now.

Even had a few good DD games lately.

• Cool 1

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

I have been trying to work it from every angle. I have been trying to fiquire out how to bring a cruiser into this new meta. had no success. Unless u have a [edited]( a cruiser that hides and farms damage), or a super cruiser, ( which still hides and farms damage) , or a noob that rush's in. The new meta is as much fun as an [edited] %Raping. 

I love this game!

They don't look at teamwork the same way as we do. 

Keep that in your side pocket. cause they will steal your wallet

• Meh 7

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

I don't care what nation is hosting.  ([edited] ALARM)  B.S.alarm. thats what has been censorded. 

Good wish's to all who have had weather event's/and other calamitie's. stay strong!

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,578 posts

Yeah I been having a pretty good time over the past few weeks in the game.  The changes aren't perfect anything but not end of the world.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,404 posts
16,552 battles

First, in before the lock.

second, having as much fun as before. All games change, I actually enjoy the different builds for different classes. Not just the commander flexibility which is great but the varying builds is also a nice change

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles

Find your fun OP...

No use complaining/whining about fun or the lack thereof... If WOWS is no longer fun, then we wish you well..

If you're the ones who are incapable or unable to move on, then... We're here for you too..

If you're not the NRA gun crowd WOWS is pandering too... Then, its time to let go...

Edited by Navalpride33

[SLI]
10,578 posts
5 minutes ago, Stormbringer924 said:

As a note of encouragement to wargaming. Your warship game is super fun. But because it's reside's on a very thin layer of FUN VS HISTORICAL. you have a very fine line to walk. 

Most player's in this game still know thier counties history. Stop the WOKE crap! Embrace these player's countrie's no matter the history! 

If you want to make boatloads of cash and have a following that make's the recordbooks look stupid.

STOP BEING WOKE!

Stick to the fun/historical model and resist the mob

Where do you see any of the above in this game, from the devs or the content?

Members
2,077 posts
14,338 battles

I think low tiers have gotten better from the rework, mid tiers things are better than worse, high tiers are so boring it's barely distinguishable from being afk. People camp so far back these days I legit feel like I need a higher magnification scope just to see what I'm shooting at.

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles

A patch that has made PEF already better than average accuracy even better? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty fun. (Insert ship) with a spotter plane and dead eye memes? Yeah that sounds fun. High tier was already a train wreck anyways. This doesn't change it that much.

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

We have all seen the russian bias. But that is secondary to the effect. I believe the developer's are trying to make this game fun. 

Good luck since the remise of the game has been changed. It's no longer fight it out. but snipe it out.

You have changed the meta and rendered all other ship's and captain build's useless. 

The list of ship's you have made useless is legendary. the list of ship's that were an afterthought have become powerfull.

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

All i wish in this post is to bring the question. 

Was any of this nessessary? What is the possible advantage to completly upending the meta?

• Boring 1

[SLI]
10,578 posts
7 minutes ago, Stormbringer924 said:

We have all seen the russian bias. But that is secondary to the effect. I believe the developer's are trying to make this game fun. 

Good luck since the remise of the game has been changed. It's no longer fight it out. but snipe it out.

You have changed the meta and rendered all other ship's and captain build's useless. 

The list of ship's you have made useless is legendary. the list of ship's that were an afterthought have become powerfull.

I agree that some things have changed in this patch but some of the things you have claimed that WG has done in this thread, are just not true.

That said, some change is good.  It's boring to see the same ole "best" ships and "best" playstyle, match after match after match.  I think the skill changes need some work and adjustment.  I think WG will do it in time.  Shaking up the meta though, creates a fresh experience.  New goals, new things to learn and some new outcomes, instead of the same old tired stuff, over and over.

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

If WG wanted a change, couldent they has asked CC's and the community ? I know that that method is a dead end. Just had to say it for the low information players.

Just trying to fiqure out why WG would screw over long term player's(money paying) for a complete meta shift

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

I had just worked out the kink's with my siegried when all this change happened. So the ship I have spent 2 month's working for is now nuetered because WG changed all the meta. They pushed for player's to get hard to get ship's. Then they cut the ball's off them in a single stroke. How is that fair?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

I haven't had any problem at all.  I think the last time the system allowed me to log on was last Tuesday.
I still try every now and then with no success.  But I have found other things to do.
I discovered I don't care anymore.  My life is better off without computer games..  We'll give it a few weeks.

Wish my unused premium time wasn't ticking down...   oh well.

[SLI]
10,578 posts
8 minutes ago, Stormbringer924 said:

I had just worked out the kink's with my siegried when all this change happened. So the ship I have spent 2 month's working for is now nuetered because WG changed all the meta. They pushed for player's to get hard to get ship's. Then they cut the ball's off them in a single stroke. How is that fair?

Yeah I don't have that ship but I heard it needs some help.  I hope it gets it too but the game has what...400+ ships now?  Think about that. It's basically impossible to make...any change, to the game without negatively or positively impacting this one or that one.

I have ships too that took a bit of the nerf bat beating over the head and it's not the happiest thing in the world but I also have ships that have shown to be stronger than they were before the patch.  Two years from now, some old ship that I have had forever might later benefit from a new change that comes along, and suddenly be the new hotness when it was pretty bad previously.

Online games shake up the meta, all the time.  It happens with all of them, to keep things fresh and entertaining.  If you do not accept that something that you purchase with real money, may be nerfed at some point down the road, do not purchase.  Because there is always a chance that it is going to happen.

[SLI]
10,578 posts
5 minutes ago, Stormbringer924 said:

question's class?

Thus enduth the lesson!

I don't have any questions, but I also didn't learn anything.

• Funny 1

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

You have to understand what is envolved. It takes resetting 3 line's of nation's ship line to get the research point's. It is a very long and dedicated path to get the RB point's to get the ship's.

It's like the steel ship's

They are hard to get!!!!

And to have them nerfed! after all that work is a betrayal

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

I busted my [edited]to get these ship's.

to be rendered moderate is a betrayel 

• Boring 1

[SLI]
10,578 posts
Just now, Stormbringer924 said:

You have to understand what is envolved. It takes resetting 3 line's of nation's ship line to get the research point's. It is a very long and dedicated path to get the RB point's to get the ship's.

It's like the steel ship's

They are hard to get!!!!

And to have them nerfed! after all that work is a betrayal

I have 3 research buereo ships that I have earned.  Ohio, Emilio and Slava.  I am aware of what it takes to get them and have lots of experience in doing so.

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Members
158 posts
20,919 battles

What is the incentive to get any ship that can be nuetered at the extreme cost of it's attainment?

[SLI]
10,578 posts
2 minutes ago, Stormbringer924 said:

What is the incentive to get any ship that can be nuetered at the extreme cost of it's attainment?

I do it because I want the ships and I enjoy playing the game.  I can't speak for you, everyone is different.

Any ship can be nerfed or buffed, at any time though.  My advice is to act with that assumption.