You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DWBGaming

Worst ranked ever

34 comments in this topic

[DWBG]
[DWBG]
Members
152 posts

I can't get past rank 5.  The way they changed this season to get all these wins in a row I just can't do it.  The teammates i've been getting are not bad, they're horrible.  Last match a Friesland just ran to the back of the map and tried sniping.  I was in a Kitakaze against and Ostergotland and Benson.  Friesland just ran away.  Then the match before an Alaska blows thru the cap but wouldn't use radar on their Friesland pew pewing in smoke and dies.  I look at their stats and one was 43 pct. win rate and the other was 41 pct. in randoms.  No wonder they were still rank 10 and 8.  You can't rely on help AT ALL.  I finished first both matches but it does no good saving a star when i'm stuck at rank 5 anyways.  I just needed to vent.  I think it's time to take a vacation from this game.  Yelling and swearing at the computer screen isn't fun!

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,552 posts

I cannot get past 6 anyway, so might as well sit out the next 7 days until the new sprint and then grind out the 12 or so victories for a dab of steel and a spot of doubleloons.

The Ranked system I discarded the other day earlier this week after a somewhat Stormy back and forth with several nice customer support people who actually took the time to go over it with me.

I'll do a dab of it for the steel, but I cannot be bothered to try and rank out anymore and since there is also a 6 day wait until the next stage 3 of the Italian warship missions there is nothing to do in ranked. Not until next week.

The previous ranked I would already be grinding out a second week of 12 victories in bronze for steel. But since this new ranked season has imposed a 2 week sprint then thats twice as long for half the steel income. So thats a loss right there.

Last ranked I made it all the way to Gold 7 I think it was after a 150+ set of games with blood sweat and tears. The last 6 victories in gold were very knife edged. VERY good games. Epic even. The way it should be played. But the rest of it is just a horde of toxic people who think they have something more than they are. Which makes the rest of it a difficult at times situation.

This season I already burnt almost 100 economic flags times 5 kinds that I bought specifically for this ranked. That tells me the situation is impossible as far as ranking out.

One tech support person enraged me by implying that my skills are crap. Well when you are fighting a whole red team filled with rank 2, 3 or 4 people as opponets and actually sink two or three and get sunk yourself... Im pretty damn happy as a sort of predator in battle. I am NOT prey. Or someone to be patted like a child in the head and told aww boo boo. taint so.

Half tempted to bring out the Georgia and play the Dead eye from the far back wall in Ranked. But that would not be fair to teammates. Doing nothing with no goals or even motivation to win a star that just gets thrown away next map. Its not about just you. Your whole team of random people somehow has to club the reds taking out 3 or 4 in the first two minutes in order to ensure a win outright. Anything else you can make one stupid mistake and BOOM throw your crapinto the lower rank.

After enough of that abusive experience trying to get stars, f that. You walk away from it. It's normal human reaction.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,178 battles
43 minutes ago, DWBGaming said:

I can't get past rank 5.  The way they changed this season to get all these wins in a row I just can't do it.  The teammates i've been getting are not bad, they're horrible.  Last match a Friesland just ran to the back of the map and tried sniping.  I was in a Kitakaze against and Ostergotland and Benson.  Friesland just ran away.  Then the match before an Alaska blows thru the cap but wouldn't use radar on their Friesland pew pewing in smoke and dies.  I look at their stats and one was 43 pct. win rate and the other was 41 pct. in randoms.  No wonder they were still rank 10 and 8.  You can't rely on help AT ALL.  I finished first both matches but it does no good saving a star when i'm stuck at rank 5 anyways.  I just needed to vent.  I think it's time to take a vacation from this game.  Yelling and swearing at the computer screen isn't fun!

DWB, you loosely outlined why I rather hate Ranked battles, aside from the horrible grind.  There are just some people who refuse to take Ranked seriously.  And it's no fun trying to engage in serious competition when there are other players who refuse to do so and who make a mockery of the entire competition.

I'm not sure what the solution to this would be, because it seems like just letting everyone in isn't working.

Maybe they need some sort of qualification tournament, though it's entire possible that the non-serious players would ruin qualifications too.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,140 posts
15,127 battles

Meh took me around 30 match from 10 to silver league, with around 70% win rate mostly played friesland than smaland for the qualifications.

For people complaining it like that every season of rank it maybe because you aren't good enough , so got gud and carry harder . Sitting in the back won't make you win when enemy team has all the cap.

• Meh 1

[NBNG]
[NBNG]
Members
411 posts
12,708 battles

I agree. This Ranked is terrible. Cannot get out of 5 because players suck so bad and do not play as team..

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,672 posts
27,410 battles
5 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

I never have a problem raking out I wonder why...

I don’t have a problem with Ranked. Anyone who likes it? Hey, go to town.

As far as ranking out? No trouble there. I understand my own suckage, and that I basically despise the format; and so after the recent change I don’t even bother playing Ranked any more.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
856 posts
6,623 battles
36 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Maybe they need some sort of qualification tournament, though it's entire possible that the non-serious players would ruin qualifications too.

Already exists this season, it's called Bronze 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[DWBG]
[DWBG]
Members
152 posts
1 hour ago, dad003 said:

Meh took me around 30 match from 10 to silver league, with around 70% win rate mostly played friesland than smaland for the qualifications.

For people complaining it like that every season of rank it maybe because you aren't good enough , so got gud and carry harder . Sitting in the back won't make you win when enemy team has all the cap.

You obviously didn't even read what I typed.

[DWBG]
[DWBG]
Members
152 posts
1 hour ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Yeah, I ranked out the last season but am just not going to torture myself trying to do it this season.  

• Cool 1

Members
878 posts

i agree this is bad....and thats being nice.... thinking about going back to randoms ...at least the throws arent intentional....

ranked doesnt feel right ...something going on here

• Cool 1

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
451 posts
6,257 battles

The best way to play ranked is to play them as chill mode, why even suffer to get stars and go up the ranks? Just play whatever ship you like and yeah...

I'm playing Udaloi because I'm grinding it, why tryhard like crazy when I can simply get something in return?

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,872 posts
14,896 battles

I never have a problem raking out I wonder why...

Yeah, a good pair of work gloves prevents blisters, so a fellow can rake all day long. Rake out a flower bed, rake out a garden, yep.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 2

[SALVO]
Members
4,636 posts
21,362 battles
3 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Yeah, a good pair of work gloves prevents blisters, so a fellow can rake all day long. Rake out a flower bed, rake out a garden, yep.

:cap_like:lol

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
14,039 battles

They doubled the total number of stars you need but not the total rewards.

That plus the loss of more irrevocable ranks makes Ranked even more frustrating than usual.

• Cool 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,394 posts
4,930 battles
2 hours ago, DWBGaming said:

I mean, ranked as designed with "ranking out" has this issue with deteriorating playerbase: Good players, or above average players have little issue to relatively quickly rank out, especially in the beginning where quite a few of them are around. However, this removes them over time from the available player pool, thereby "enriching" the playerbase with players who have not had either the chance to rank out (time constraints, for example people who can only play on weekends), or players who are detrimental to their team to such an extend they can't even be pulled through rank. It is also more than likely that the good players get on playing ranked rather soon in the season, instead of at the tail end of the sprint.

So unfortunately, it just becomes par for the course that RNG and the player pool will yield a lot more blowouts and horrible matches after the majority of the sprint has passed. It will probably get a bit better in silver once gold is filled, as people who already failed in bronze and got frustrated, as well as those that failed in bronze and silver but were just powering through into gold, are either in bronze or gold.

This is not too different from last season, only that sprints last longer (I would have kept the weekly format, but started the sprints on Thursdays or something).

Members
878 posts
2 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Half tempted to bring out the Georgia and play the Dead eye from the far back wall in Ranked. But that would not be fair to teammates. Doing nothing with no goals or even motivation to win a star that just gets thrown away next map. 

dont bother with that... the georgia seems to have been drug into a backstreet ally and assaulted....mine started out great but i guess all of a sudden im not capable of hitting anything with the dead eye other than a few times ..no consistency there for me anymore...

but why cry about it ...when i expected that...so i hope the dazzle skill gets pulled into  a back ally and assaulted  also ...   

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,178 battles
17 minutes ago, Torenico said:

The best way to play ranked is to play them as chill mode, why even suffer to get stars and go up the ranks? Just play whatever ship you like and yeah...

I'm playing Udaloi because I'm grinding it, why tryhard like crazy when I can simply get something in return?

To me, it's this sort of attitude that has ruined Ranked.  Ranked should be looked at like serious competition for serious players, not as some casual 7v7 mode for grinding ships.

• Thanks 4

Members
7,122 posts
22,064 battles

Now that football season is over you have time to focus on Warships.

• Funny 1

Members
878 posts
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

To me, it's this sort of attitude that has ruined Ranked.  Ranked should be looked at like serious competition for serious players, not as some casual 7v7 mode for grinding ships.

this^^^^^ let me add or for grinding commander xp with 3 pt commanders....

[RLGN]
Members
15,672 posts
27,410 battles
57 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Another reason for me to have quit playing.

I never took it any more seriously than was needed to get the next (cosmetic) season flag. Combine that with a near complete lack of ability to consciously influence a battle, and various other minor this and that, and it was an easy choice to quit playing Ranked.

Members
199 posts
19,374 battles

I think what happens is the majority of the better players manage by skill and luck to rank out quickly... now all that is left are people that got carried by those better players.

Players in Tier Ten making obvious basic mistakes to lose matches just makes me wonder.... i gave up can't get past three stars in qualifying.

But then again someone has to win... it just ain't me anymore... AnNoYiNg!!!!!.

Edited by Torque64

Beta Testers
911 posts
14,442 battles

I was doing ok (for me) but after last night I think I'm done. 8 games, seven losses, save a star 4 times, down from rank 2 to 4. Too many people not knowing how to play, particularly BB's. Frustrating to say the least.

And this new ranked just seems like there's no sense of achievement, for anything.

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
451 posts
6,257 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

How would you enforce that?

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,178 battles
1 minute ago, Torenico said:

How would you enforce that?

I don't know that it is enforceable.  I just know that people who don't take Ranked seriously ruin it for those that do.