Capt_Ahab1776

Gifting across servers question

3 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,939 posts
18,321 battles

Has anyone ever gifted across different servers? I’m sponsoring a contest on a  World of Warships themed Discord channel. There are players from different servers that are members. I currently only have a account for NA. Would I need to create a account on a different server to award a prize out of the premium shop? I’ve not checked the other servers to see if the items are all the same. If I did, do the other servers accept PayPal?

Thanks in advance 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

there are streamers that do giveaways and can do so across servers, a guy like @Lord_Zath might have the answer... i don't know...

• Cool 1

[STW-A]
Members
275 posts
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Would I need to create a account on a different server to award a prize out of the premium shop?

I believe so, as the different servers use different locations as their charging addresses.  You can use the same email address for each server though, and your NA in-game name if it's not already taken on the other servers.

I’ve not checked the other servers to see if the items are all the same.

Since the synchronization of the server offerings and in-game missions a couple of years ago, the premium shop offerings have been the same among the servers with rare exceptions.  Prices are about the same, but not identical with the exception being the Russian server that sold doubloons at a discount compared to the other servers (at least they did a few months ago when I last looked.)  Keep in mind that relative to local time in USA, the NA and RU servers update on Wednesday, but the EU and ASIA servers update on Thursday.  I would expect premium shop offerings to update with the game client.

If I did, do the other servers accept PayPal?

That I cannot answer, but I would not count on it.  Also, the payments accepted on the various servers can change from time to time, so what is acceptable in Feb might not be in Mar.  Credit cards Mastercard / VISA would be the best chance of being accepted on all servers, but that may change as well.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this